Hunter pre raid legs

Alphadong

Hi

I have been getting mixed answers from people online on the realm, I have both Leggings of Assassination and Beast Lord Leggings, I have attached a screenshot of my stats with both legs on and I have also been getting higher DPS with the Rogue legs on (Leggings of Assassination) but people often inspect me and ask why I have those and not the hunter legs (Beast Lord Leggings) and then refuse to believe I have higher DPS with the Rogue legs on, I would like to get some opinions from you guys on the forum.

statslegs.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 5:50 PM, Alphadong said:

Hi

I have been getting mixed answers from people online on the realm, I have both Leggings of Assassination and Beast Lord Leggings, I have attached a screenshot of my stats with both legs on and I have also been getting higher DPS with the Rogue legs on (Leggings of Assassination) but people often inspect me and ask why I have those and not the hunter legs (Beast Lord Leggings) and then refuse to believe I have higher DPS with the Rogue legs on, I would like to get some opinions from you guys on the forum.

statslegs.png

You shouldn't really pay attention to what people say regarding armor type. The important things are the other stats (armor doesn't matter at all for DPS) so if people are saying like "Why are you using rogue legs as a hunter?" just ignore them, because they make no sense. 

Now in your case, looking at the Pre-Raid BiS list (link below) for hunters the Beast Lord Leggings actually are better "score-wise" (85.61 vs 82.57), but it always depends on your current stats as well. For example if you are not hit capped, the Leggings of Assassination are your obvious choice, since reaching hit cap is the number 1 prio for any DPS that wants to be able to perform well on bosses (hunters less than other classes, but still). If you already are hit capped though, the extra hit is worth nothing, which means that you could benefit more from the extra mana and mp5 on the other legs on a longer fight. That might also be the reason for them having a higher score in the spreadsheet, usually you simulate a 5 minute single target fight, in which more mana and mp5 might be better than the small amount of extra crit and AP you get from the Leggings of Assassination. 

Link to spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X-XO9N1_MPIq-UIpTN13LrhXRoho9fe26YEEM48QmPk/edit#gid=748942368

Take care!