Sunwell Nightbane 2.4.3 - Summary & Poll!

MrCulé

3 hours ago, nimeralos said:

For timeline. I think it's a bit slow.

First 5.5 months on retail were devoted to T4-5, mostly because almost-unkillable 2.0 Kael (world first Kael was 4 months after release). Hyjal was only beaten shortly after BT release. So effectively, retail had 6 months for Hyjal+BT, then 7 more with ZA.

Sunwell, on the other hand, is going to have 9 months for T4-5 + Hyjal. 5 months for T4-5 is "Blizzlike", but Kael is no longer almost-unkillable, so it seems too long.

I'd suggest like 4 months for T4-5, 2 for Hyjal ("Blizzlike" is to have them together with BT even), and then - well, I don't know.

Thoughts?

Timeline might be changed, nobody has said it's the final timeline. Everything depends on players and the server situation - like always. 

• Like it! 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:57 AM, nimeralos said:

Almost Alliance only server? Because of the respec discount? Given the fact that "by default" TBC servers are almost Horde only? Doubtful

discount isn't as much of a problem as not allowing dual spec until BT. anyhow just my 2 cents from an outsiders perspective hope the server works out nonetheless.

12 hours ago, Thraxexus said:

discount isn't as much of a problem as not allowing dual spec until BT. anyhow just my 2 cents from an outsiders perspective hope the server works out nonetheless.

Most guilds recruiting are Horde so I don't see why you would have that concern.

Daaaamn, I've been HellGround player for couple of years and I'm looking forward to Classic WoW and TBC, but in the meantime Sunwell TBC is a great option!

I'm in general an Alliance player so my point of view is this: To be fair, Horde can always go 2-spec, they just need to pay every time they respec. I did it MANY times, trust me, on HellGround (I was MT Warrior and a weekend for-fun-PvP-player), so you can always do that, its just a bit more expensive. But to be honest a bit of extra discounts and cheaper stuff doesn't really make any difference in terms of gameplay / PvE content difficulty etc. So relax guys, its a discount, nothing more, Horde can still dualspec, just that its a bit more expensive.

And to be honest - if Horde had the same discounts on their side because, for example, there would be too many Alliance players on TBC (hypothetically) I wouldn't give a damn about it and still rolled the Alliance char. It's in those that are indfferent to which side they choose - this will be a good equalizer.

Anyway looking forward to the server opening.

PS. If admins would like a little help on the grammar side of things in terms of English in these announcements/posts I'd be glad to help ;) 

Edited by Kallio
PostScriptum

On 11/15/2018 at 8:34 PM, grejfrutek said:

Will be there NPC that allows us to sell gold for SC?

I don't know why are you asking about such thing, but there absolutely won't be such possibility. 

• Perfect! 1

Hi, MrCulé, I am a world of warcraft player from China.

The name of my game role: Qianchang
I want to consult.

The 2.43 version of World of Warcraft.
Account privileges in stores,
experience gain is increased 
Is it available when you create a role?
Or is it something you can use right from the start?
If not, what is that? I don't quite understand.

My English is translated from the Internet, please forgive me.:D

• Like it! 1

@qianchang
Hello! 

1 hour ago, qianchang said:

experience gain is increased 
Is it available when you create a role?

Yes.
Level 1-55 will be two times experience gain.

Level 56-70 will be normal experience gain.

After some time, we will have three times experience gain in our website shop. 

Thanks! You can always Private Message me if you have questions!

Apologies if this appears to be a stupid question, but as this is a progressive 2.4.3 realm and its starting at 2.0, how does that work with the evolution of spells throughout TBC?

For example, fear ward became universal for all priests in 2.3. Will that be the case that it is available to all priests from launch of the server (as it is a 2.4.3 realm) or will it be dwarf specific until 2.3 and then change to be available to all (as we are progressing from 2.0)?

Edited by Braderman88

Spells and talents will probably remain they were 2.4.3 and that's because of the gane client. Content however will be progressive as far as I know - only T4/T5 available from start, no Isle of quel danas on the release etc. 

This was a very good question though and some Questions and Answers post regularly updated by administration covering all the concerns appearing on the forum would be nice and helpful for newcomers. 

• Like it! 1

1 hour ago, neheri said:

Spells and talents will probably remain they were 2.4.3 and that's because of the gane client. Content however will be progressive as far as I know - only T4/T5 available from start, no Isle of quel danas on the release etc. 

This was a very good question though and some Questions and Answers post regularly updated by administration covering all the concerns appearing on the forum would be nice and helpful for newcomers. 

Thanks ? ?

On 11/11/2018 at 10:15 AM, Thraxexus said:

Very well that's fine and all fact of the matter is this will be an almost only Alliance server if they lock horde out of dual spec until BT and make them pay 4x as much while Alliance get it from the start, it's head over heels a bad idea while everything else looks great this alone can destroy them and most likely will if not remedied.

I agree with that. It destroys all. I would play with 5+ friends. But in that case if they don't find a solution for the dual spec problem we wouldn't play. And I think there are many others.

Obviously there is no win-win solution that everyone will like. Some people will not like having mount 50% cheaper for the Alliance, some people will consider Horde having limited access to dual talents to be too big problem to bear. 

However this gives reasonable chances of having a balanced TBC server which is the biggest concern. Having some people resigning because of not having dual talents until BT is minor compared to what would 75:25 server ratio be. 

And please, if you want to say thing like "alliance only server" please read Guild recruitment thread first.

Anyway, maybe administration should think about some kind of "safety button" that will not allow faction ratio to be more than 59:41. 

Edited by neheri
  • Like it! 1

@MrCulé when you get a chance would you be able to give us an update regarding the following:

• Final decisions of the faction balance situation
  • Final release date of T4/T5 raids

Appreciate any info, I know you guys are hard at work. Looking forward to the release!

8 hours ago, MrCulé said:

Mounts, pets, cosmetic items like D.I.S.C.O etc. 

Wait, I know this is for Site and Game Maintenance and everything but I do hope the mounts you gonna be giving will be non-rep related Mounts since, that also kills a bit of the farm/grind, u r playin a fat dwarf and want to ride a sexy nightsaber but u need to be EXALTED to do so.. or, like , giving a gyrocopter as a mount that actually doesnt even exist in TBC ..  is the store setup alrdy so we can take a look at the merchandise ? :)    P.S only the pets , not the Riding skill ! p.s and I presume u will still need to poses at least the RIding Skill+mount so you guys dont give those 15-50-100-300g mounts for nothing  right ? right ? :)

41 minutes ago, Xanidrar said:

Wait, I know this is for Site and Game Maintenance and everything but I do hope the mounts you gonna be giving will be non-rep related Mounts since, that also kills a bit of the farm/grind, u r playin a fat dwarf and want to ride a sexy nightsaber but u need to be EXALTED to do so.. or, like , giving a gyrocopter as a mount that actually doesnt even exist in TBC ..  is the store setup alrdy so we can take a look at the merchandise ? :)   P.S only the pets , not the Riding skill ! p.s and I presume u will still need to poses at least the RIding Skill+mount so you guys dont give those 15-50-100-300g mounts for nothing  right ? right ? :)

As always, we'll add to the store only mounts that are not obtainable in the game. 

I will state it quick. The lack of dual spec talent for horde during the first half year (topkek) will cause most of the pvp and semi-pvp players to roll alliance and horde will be left of with the pve players, therefore, there will be way more alliance than horde, and basicyly you create a reverse faction disbalance

Edited by pawlica
  • Like it! 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, pawlica said:

basicyly you create a reverse faction disbalance

I don't think so. In my opinion it could even end up having more horde anyway. People's mind is hard sometimes.

Honor bonus on alliance would be a different matter tho.

Edited by ipwxock