Level 20 Riding Skill cost on Voltarus x4.

I made a research, how many levels/quests people are gonna need to get 60% (level 20) riding.
And found out why people are forced to spam dungeons in order to get RF.

Important: On Frosthold spell cost is 100% reduced. As mage i didn't spend any gold on food.

Screenshot 1 : Level 20 - 1g 14 silver. <---|Clickable|
Note #1: Learning only needed skills with 50% cost reduction would require - 1g 4 silver. <---|Calcualtion Screenshot|
Note #2: Approximate - 1 stack of food+water (level 5) - 12 silver. 0.5 stack of food+water  (level 15) - 19 silver. Total: 32 silver. 

With current drop rate i wouldn't be able to have all important skills + needed food. And i'm also not honored with my race faction (not reduced cost of riding cost).

Screenshot 2 : Level 29 - 5g 17 silver.  <---|Clickable|
Note #1: Learning only needed skills with 50% cost reduction would require - 4g 48 silver. <---|Calcualtion Screenshot|
Note #2: Approximate - 2 stacks of food+water (level 15) - 76 silver. 0.5 stack of food+water  (level 25) - 38 silver. Total: 1g 14 silver. 

Again, i need to spend more golds than i actually have, what to talk about getting mount!

From now i go full economy mode and don't learn any spells / not getting any food, i just want my mount.

Screenshot 3 : Level 34 - 10g 71 silver. <---|Clickable| 

(remember i didn't spend any gold on Frosthold bcuz of 100% spell cost reduction and not buying any food).
Note #1: I am not gonna count spell cost, bcuz it would be way over ammount of money that i got from level 29 to 34. 

Conclusion.

Estimated time when you get your mount if you are average player on realm with x4 rates, no good AH prices on launch, x1 drop and 50% spell cost reduction, not removed riding cost would be level 39-42.
I remember frosthold launch, and even on 3x rates i saw people 30-35 levels without mount. (Not talking Paladins, Warlocks, they get it basically for free, which is unfair, because blizzard x1 system allowed everyone to get it on level 20, and private servers are just killing it, by not optimizing drop rates / learning costs). Who likes it? Nobody.

Edited by Seeker
  • WOW! 1
  • Bravo! 1

you are missing something in the game "profession" and the leveling experience of the actual game , if you want fast leveling , go ahead but there's a "cost" for it , if you want to enjoy every aspect of this game while "leveling" you wouldn't find a big problem with gold , managing your gold it's part of the game , they already made it easier with the reduction they have made for spells training , crafting and even more for alliance. any more "free" stuff would make it just fun server and why would even bother leveling by that time ...

you may want to get "faster" to max level and for that you would have problem with gold, other people want to play "normal" game.

Edited by amed80
  • Like it! 1
4 hours ago, Sadger said:

TL;DR Game too hard, can't be bothered to play it, want everything delivered to him on a silver platter. 

Also I got aids from this formatting

tenor.gif

You are going to see a lot of frustrated people leveling and not being able to afford anything. You can make fun of his post as whining, but I it just feels shitty to level and not upgrade as typical to the normal progression.

• Like it! 1
10 minutes ago, Hoodee said:

I it just feels shitty to level and not upgrade as typical to the normal progression.

so use the "NORMAL" leveling progress ... you can use (.xp 1) to change your experience rate so you could "upgrade as typical to the normal progression" . No one is forcing anyone to play with exp rate x4 .

• Like it! 1
16 minutes ago, amed80 said:

so use the "NORMAL" leveling progress ... you can use (.xp 1) to change your experience rate so you could "upgrade as typical to the normal progression" . No one is forcing anyone to play with exp rate x4 .

I will play 4x and it will be fine. I am not referring to myself. I'll use travel form, I don't really mind, but I can promise you it will not be healthy for the game for the majority of people who log on expecting to have a faster level experience but be hindered by strict spell selection and not being able to purchase mount when expected. 

• Like it! 1

I'd love to see epic mounts available (even at standard price) from lvl 20 instead.

I don't see how running everywhere adds any value to the experience. Tiresome waste of time. 99% of us started FRESH wotlk x100 times already, so there will be no "oh, I have a mount" moment + the server doesn't aspire to be "blizzlike" (let's face it, lvling @ x4 or higher rates and other features are not "blizzlike")

I don't see any cons besides possibly not substantial "this feels wrong" or "this is not how things should go". An option to have a fast mount early would be a relief to players without sacrificing anything.

• Like it! 1
  • Dislike 1

Main issue that i see, as experienced horde player, with much of experience from previous 2 realms from Sunwell Team, is that Barrens loot tables are pretty poor, compared to any other 11+ zone at least on Frosthold realm.

So if you want fast 80 ding on fresh Voltarus as horde you have a few other options:

1. Go Undead (insane aoe farm spots with nearby vendors, decent loot tables in Silverpine). Least competition.
2. Go Belf (decent aoe farm spots with nearby vendors, insane loot tables in Ghostlands). Much less competition than Barrens. Can do a very good rotation, and get levels fast.
Both zones provide very fast golds while doing quests. 👌

3. Go Warlock, or Paladin, on level 20 you get mount from your class trainer (Training cost Warlock Felsteed1g, Paladin Summon Warhorse35sBoom!

4. Feral Druid leveling in good hands learning less than 50% of all class-proposed spells and require a very small amount of water (no need food), which you can get from mobs. 
You get Travel Form (40% speed, 60 silver, level 16) then on level 20 you can learn Cat Form and become single target beast, in addition you get Feral Swiftness on level 21. Very fast & Fun :)

5. Go DPS Shaman and get Ghost Wolf at level 16 for 22s from your class trainer and do some very strong aoe as well as single target!

Rest specs / classes forced to do RDF Spamming in order to get to 80 as fast you can.

Edited by Seeker
  • Perfect! 1

are you really talking about the disadvantage of classes and races now ? you think people don't know that for faster leveling they need to do certain things ? you know that's gonna be no bonus xp and no "free stuff" until first realm hit for each race ,class and prof right ?

you don't want people to play RDF ? the main reason people look for every fresh server is that if the RDF for low level are popping or not , this server is giving alliance more bonus to make people play alliance for the balance of the server , you want a fix for all that you talked about is spawn every race and class as the same spot so everyone can experience the same zone and would have to do the same quests as others races (which make it harder for finishing quests ) in short terms "FUNSERVER" ... if i am gonna struggle with orc or troll at leveling that's my choice , i m gonna play priest rogue hunter or what ever class i want , each class have their own experience for they are being played or how long they take to each max level and some still want to experience it, some want to play RDF some want to only do quests and other would only spam RBG , if they buff only one things the other would DIE and as we know later that would happen and eventually those low level RDF and RBG would die when they introduce the instant level 70 ... they want longer surviving server as it's their last WOTLK server , you want instant rash to max level without any experience of low level , you may want to rush and just play the max level things other people want to play WOTLK for the full experience they had before from 1 to 80 ... you want to reach max level fast you can choice what ever class or race you want , other people want to reach max level the "NORMAL" way ...

What you see an issue in the game is that this is "WOTLK"