[Voltarus] Heroic T7 Information

9 minutes ago, Sadger said:

You can do 10m heroic...

I kinda agree with him, i'm scared that 10m HC will be too easy. We don't have the motivation or the time to join/form a 25m guild but we still want to have challenge so let's hope the buff in 10 man HC will be enough !

On 2/18/2021 at 7:56 PM, Sunwell Team said:

General Information

• Both 10-man Heroic and 25-man Heroic raids are optional - players are not forced to do them! Heroic modes are for players who enjoy bigger challenges and who want to take a shot for Realm First achievements.
  • In order to reach Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad on Heroic mode you need to defeat all previous encounters on Heroic mode as well. Once Naxxramas Realm First achievement is completed - requirement will be changed to beat last quarter encounters on Heroic mode in order to get access to Sapphiron & Kel'Thuzad on Heroic. Counts for both 10-man and 25-man versions.

Loot

• 25-man Sapphiron Heroic: +1 Reins of Naxxramas Gargoyle mount per kill.

@Sunwell TeamIt will be better if you guys leave HC as it is after the realm firsts, no point of making only the last quarter bosses be defeated on heroic to access Sapph/KT. Let people experience your work and not short cut to the end. Also the HC values should not be nerfed with the release of T8.

Additionally the Reins of Naxxramas Gargoyle should be removed before the release of T8 (Ulduar). As an achievement to the players that have defeated the HC version of Sapphiron (25m) while it's the current tier.  Or removed when you decide (IF) to make Sapphiron & KT accessible without having to clear ALL bosses, but just the last quarter ones. ❤️

Edited by Sadger
  • Like it! 1

Making the mount RNG instead of locking it behind a hard boss (sapphiron/kt) is a huge mistake :) At this point you're betting off keeping it at 5% and no more from KT.
Also no (meaningful) loot changes.... I guess nobody will touch heroic version of naxxramass after RFs are done :)

I hope everybody is excited for 3 MONTHS AND 1 WEEK OF NOT TUNNED NAXXRAMAS 25M NORMAL for 3x times the loot in comparison to heroic. 
Why would anybody bother with doing heroic (unless RF?) when you can do a 25m with 15 people in under 2hours for 3x the loot and 10x less difficulty. xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

🥳🥳🥳 🥳🥳🥳 🥳🥳🥳 🥳🥳🥳 🥳🥳🥳 🥳🥳🥳

Edited by Sadger
  • Like it! 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Sadger said:

Also no (meaningful) loot changes....

It's still being discussed. We're not going to make decisions as soon as YOU give us your feedback. We want to hear other players and their opinions as well (and our survey is the main source of it). I'd like to remind that being the loudest on discord/forum doesn't make someone "the voice of the people", all opinions are equally important to us.

• Like it! 2
23 minutes ago, Azathothh said:

It's still being discussed. We're not going to make decisions as soon as YOU give us your feedback. We want to hear other players and their opinions as well (and our survey is the main source of it). I'd like to remind that being the loudest on discord/forum doesn't make someone "the voice of the people", all opinions are equally important to us.

Certainly hope you decide to make changes to power level of items that drop from 25hc and 25nm.

On another note, changing the mount to be rng from a variety of bosses that will certainly and shouldn't be the same difficulty as one another seems like a bad change.

1 hour ago, Azathothh said:

I am just pointing out the obvious, after the interest from the people that will be racing for Realm Firsts there won't be any reason for anyone to do heroic IDs for the simple reason that splitting into 2 groups of 15 to 20 people for a NAXX25 gives out double the gear than just doing heroic. You do normal with that amount of people in under 2hrs, maybe less, takes zero effort to do it and you are awarded more than doing heroic. This has been pointed out by MULTIPLE people in and out of Sunwell's discord.

Doesn't matter how good you tune tier 7 HC, as long as normal is giving more rewards there is no reason of ever doing HC. (I'm personally looking forward to the full tuning list.)

I see that you guys are releasing information bit by bit, but in the end of the day people want to know if their expectations will be matched or not, last minute changes have always been a bad thing.

Edited by Sadger
  • Like it! 1

@AzathothhAre you guys planning on tuning the berserk timers, or they won't be announced if you already did? 

All of the calculations exclude tanks dps

Just a quick example of Patchwerk retail value is 13,038,575 (25 Player), berserk timer is 6 minutes.
13,038,575 / 360 = 36,218 => divided by 19 (number of dpsers, excludes tanks) is 1906 dps needed from each dpser. A complete joke, even an arms warrior can do that (I think?)

Current heroic value:
Your Patchwerk 28 700 000 (25 Player HC), berserk 6 minutes.
28 700 000 / 360 = 79722 => divided by 19 (number of dpsers, excludes tanks) is 4195 dps needed from each dpser.
Even with the custom changes this is going to be a joke, but let's say you need more healers and 2 more tanks with 16 dpsers you need 5000 on average, yet again its a joke.

5 minute berserk value:
But let's theoretically say that you've change the berserk from 6 minutes to 5 minutes. (good change, but still not enough)

28 700 000 / 300 = 95666 => with 19 dpsers that is 5k dps | pretty easy
                                           => with 16 dpsers that is 6k dps | still VERY EASY even with dungeon gear.

4 minute berserk value:
4 minute enrage timer (this is just a quick visualization)
28 700 000 / 240 = 119583 => 19 dpsers is 6.3k dps
                                             => 16 dpsers is 7.4k dps  | These 2 dps checks are very, very good for a H E R O I C raid.

All I'm trying to say is that you should really consider changing berserk timers on some bosses to raise the dps requirements, we don't want to see this HC version get cleared week 1 or week 2. There is actually no reason any of the raids (NAXX,OS,EOE) to be cleared on their initial weeks, we'll be stuck with T7 content for 3 months and a week, the longer it takes to defeat the HC versions of the raids, the better it becomes for the servers life.

Most of the boring bosses (which is literally every boss in naxx) could get some love and reduce their berserk timers accordingly, after all this is supposed to be H E R O I C.

If you guys actually deliver in terms of difficulty, it would EASILY be one of the best tuned servers in the private server community. But in order to do that you'll need more. You've talked before (on your 2 previous servers) that you couldn't separate the casuals from the non casuals, now you can, but this is not even remotely close to separating them, its more like a 1 meter tall fence. You want a long lasting realm, we do as well, but what happens when you farm tier 7 NORMAL aimlessly for over 3 months? You tend to quit... And even if you do increase the difficulty by another 10-15% there is still the issue with loot as mentioned multiple times by me and others.

Edited by Sadger
  • Like it! 1
  • Bravo! 1
34 minutes ago, wolf71p said:

Patchwerk enrage is usually 4 Minutes, im not sure if they missed it.

Retail enrage is 6 minutes, it has been different on almost every private server for a reason (retail one is eeeeezzzzyyy)