[Voltarus] Heroic T7 Information

• Administrator

NaxxramasHeroic.jpg.5ad96dc4d298735e66d26d01bfd4e97d.jpg

This topic is dedicated to give you brief view of heroic version at T7 content!

General Information

• There are 4 difficulties in total: 10-man Normal, 10-man Heroic, 25-man Normal and 25-man Heroic.
  • There are only 2 IDs. One for 10man and the other for 25man. Each encounter can only be done once in that ID, either on normal or heroic difficulty.
  • You can change the raid difficulty while being inside the instance (works exactly the same as Icecrown Citadel model). Making it easier to switch between normal and heroic mode before each single encounter.
  • In order to switch raid difficulty, the raid leader will have to use a command or the Voltarus Companion.
  • Realm First achievements, such as Realm First! Conqueror of Naxxramas, Realm First! Magic Seeker and Realm First! Obsidian Slayer are only possible to obtain on Heroic mode.
  • Both 10-man Heroic and 25-man Heroic raids are optional - players are not forced to do them! Heroic modes are for players who enjoy bigger challenges and who want to take a shot for Realm First achievements.
  • In order to reach Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad on Heroic mode you need to defeat all previous encounters on Heroic mode as well. Counts for both 10-man and 25-man versions.

10 Mans

Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum and Eye of Eternity 10-man versions will have their Heroic modes as well. However, we didn't put any new mechanics there. Damage and health will be scaled to the player's talents appropriately.

25 Mans

Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum and Eye of Eternity 25 modes - all of them have their Heroic modes with following:

• Existing melee/spell damage is empowered;
  • Encounter's health pools are increased significantly;
  • Each encounter has at least one new mechanics;
  • Obsidian Sanctum Heroic version is only doable with all three drakes alive;

Details of each encounter are described in the post below.

Loot

This topic was moved to a separate thread:
https://sunwell-community.com/topic/23799-voltarus-heroic-t7-loot/

25-man Heroic Mode

The Construct Quarter

Patchwerk

Health: 33.7mln
Damage: Damage done increased by 25%.
Scourge Hook: Inflicts moderate Physical damage and pulls three targets to the Patchwerk.
Demolishing Shout: Aura deals 1.5-3k Physical damage every 3 seconds to all players. Player's armor mitigates damage.
Enrage: Enrage happens at 10% of Patchwerk's total health.

"We wanted to stay with this one actually, his dummy-style became a lifestyle and we didn't want to steal the fun of the dps race.
Patchwerk should remain as the Patchwerk we all know and love."

Grobbulus

Health: 23mln
Damage: Damage from all sources is increased significantly.
Fallout Slime: Health increased significantly.
Fallout Slime Explosion: When there are two or more Fallout Slimes, they fixate each other and explode for ~50k damage on touch.
Fallout Slime Death: When Fallout Slime dies it debuffs nearly players with melee attack and cast speed reduction.
Mutating Injection: Is casted on two players simultaneously.

"Raid Leader quotes:
FOCUS SLIMES!!!

Why this slime is still alive?
CC THIS S*IT
/w I see you don't dps slime"

Gluth

Health: 24.1mln
Zombie: Each time Zombie reaches Gluth, boss receives permanent +20% damage done and -5% damage taken buff.
Zombie Enrage: Sometimes, 1-3 Zombies become enraged. In this state they act like Decimated.
Health Shriek: Three random players (except tank) are getting debuffed for 10 seconds. Those players healing received is reduced by 100% and debuff inflicting -12% maximum health every 1.5 seconds for debuff duration. In addition, players leeches 10% health from all allies players within 6 yards every 1 second. Boss won't cast this spell 15 seconds before and after Decimate.

"One of our favorite boosts. Priorities on this encounter really matter."

Thaddius

Health: 72mln
Stomp: Every 12 seconds Thaddius applies 100% armor reduction on his target for 10 seconds.
Forked Lightnings: Every 35-40 seconds Thaddius blasts destroying Lightnings in random players direction dealing lethal damage.
Electrified Tentacle: When Electrified Tentacle is spawned it harm raid in various way.

"Much of running, I sense."

The Arachnid Quarter

Anub'Rekhan

Health: 23.1mln
Locust Swarm: Spell cooldown is massively dropped. Being under Locust Swarm effect is much more dangerous and brings more negative results.
Crypt Guard Abilities: Whenever Crypt Guard is active, Anub's damage taken is reduced by 30%.
Moreover, Crypt Guards will deal huge AoE damage until they are killed.

Crypt Guard Stealth: Crypt Guards are in hidden mode for most of their time. They are visible only for selected players.
Spider's Web: Crypt Guards become visibile for all raid players when dragged into the webs.

"Just a big worm with some spiders around. Don't rush Anub and focus on survival."

Grand Widow Faerlina

Health: 21.5mln
Naxxramas Followers: Faerlina revives her Followers after 35-45 seconds from their death.
Inverted Defile: Faerlina casts Defile spell which works in inverted way to its original correspondent.

"Despite there are not many changes here, chaos is guaranteed."

Maexxna

Health: 24.8mln
Polymorph: Spider: Maexxna casts Polymorph: Spider spell on 1-2 random players for 6 seconds duration.
Web Grab: Abseiling spiders grab players and pull them back to their nests. If players are not rescued they will be killed at a certain height.

"We have changed her model as well! True Queen of Spiders."

The Miliary Quarter

Instructor Razuvious

Health: 25.2mln
Shockwave: 4 second cast spell targeting random player and dealing lethal cone damage.
Fury of Blade: Instructor Razuvious will throw his weapon on the player's position, afterwards the weapon will start to live its own life for a certain amount of time.
In this mode, the blade is whirling and causing destructive damage.

"His training ground may be too small for this encounter."

Gothik the Harvester

Health: 10mln
Harvest Soul: Harvest Soul spell is casted more often in phase 2, cooldown is reduced to 12 seconds.
Shadow Bolt Volley: Shadow Bolt in phase 2 is replaced with volley edition.
Spawns: All creatures are massively empowered.
Enrage: Every spawned creature becomes enraged after 20 seconds from spawn.

"Master of puppets. His minions really mean something now."

Four Horsemen

Health: 18mln
Marks: Player is insta killed if he does have 4 Marks in total - no matter what type.
Apocalypse Riders: The Four Horsemen cannot live without each other.
When any of Horsemen is killed, the raid has one minute to finish the whole encounter.

"Well, there are really many ways to get insta killed." 

The Plague Quarter

Noth the Plaguebringer

Health: 23.1mln
Plagued Fireball: Two random player get surrounded by four Plagued Fireballs that can be seen around the players easily.
Position of the Plagued Fireballs indicate the direction that missiles will fire after 4 seconds of their spawn.
The origin point of the Plagued Fireballs is the player's initial location, so if the player moves, the trajectory of the missiles won't change.
Player hit by Plagued Fireball gets high fire damage and stun for 2 seconds.

Spawns: Abilities of Noth's spawns during intermission are way more powerful.

"We are worried this encounter will be hated but he did nothing wrong at all..."

Heigan the Unclean

Health: 22.4mln
Unclean Link: Two players caster-melee are connected with a link.
After several seconds melee player will get harmed, unless caster player saves him by using Cursed Cauldron.

Cursed Cauldron: On Heigan's initial position there is a cauldron spawned.
It can be used by the Linked player to cleanse melee players from the upcoming tragedy.
Cauldron applies -300% melee speed attack in 18 yards range.

Eruption "Heigan Dance": Cooldown between dancing phases is decreased by half with respect to platform distribution.

"Heigan fight is more dynamic, at last."

Loatheb

Health: 39mln
Spore: Loatheb will also get a buff increasing critical strike ratio from dying Spore, if it's killed near the boss.
Summon Green Slime: Loatheb will spawn a few Green Slimes every 15-30 seconds during the encounter.
Green Slime: Their melee damage is unnoticeable, however they apply a stacking debuff increasing damage taken.

"Endurance is the key. Most likely you need to gear up for this one..."

Frostwyrm Lair

Sapphiron

Health: 34.5mln
Frost Explosion: Frost Bomb spawns upon random player. After 8 seconds Bomb explodes dealing 150k Frost damage in 50y range.
Damage is split through players in 5y from Bomb so it can be soaked or dodged.

Air Phase Immune: Sapphiron is unattackable in air phase.
Ice Block: During the Air Phase Sapphiron will cast two Ice Blocks in random places instead of Ice Blocking players.
Shadow Phase: At 20% Sapphiron's total health he becomes enraged and turns into Shadow mode.
Shadow Aura: In Shadow mode, Frost Aura is replaced with Shadow Aura.
Shadow Prison: In Shadow mode, Blizzard spell is replaced with Shadow Prison. Movement by a bound enemy inflicts 350 initial Shadow damage, increasing by 500 for each second of movement.
Shadow Trap: In Shadow mode, Sapphiron summons Shadow Trap upon targeted player. Any player who enter Shadow Trap will suffer massive Shadow Damage and get knocked.

"Two resi sets, what?"

Kel'Thuzad

Health: ?
Phase 1: ?
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: ?

The Obsidian Sanctum

Sartharion

Damage:
 Damage from all sources is increased significantly.

The Eye of Eternity

Malygos

Damage:
 Damage from all sources is increased significantly.
Power Spark: ?
Phase 2:
?
Arcane Explosion: ?
Scion of Eternity: ?
Nexus Lords: ?
Surge of Power: ?
Engulf in Flames: ?

• Like it! 5

I literally made an account on the forum, just to make a post, cause Im so disappointed with certain things. This is really a gamebreaker.

The 25 man loot:
The loot in 25 man should be hard to obtain, as the previous Sunwell servers had a buffed 25 man, only really good players were able to obtain it. Its kind of a badge of honor if you ran around with that loot, cause it means you were good enough to do that encounter.
With this loot system and an unbuffed 25 normal compared to the heroic it hardly worth it to do HC after progression as split runs are way more efficient than doing one run with your main raid. And I gotta say, split runs are no fun. Especially just doing unbuffed Naxx.

So taking into consideration that we are going to do T7 for 3 months (!!!!!), we really gotta work on the amount of loot and what loot is dropped. Therefore I dont think its a good idea to just simply increase the loot for 25 HC, as this will hardly make it worth and nobody will play the bosses that you put so much work into. Also we gotta consider that people will not actively play anymore if their char is geared due too much loot.

Therefore I propose a different loot distribution:
10 NM: 1 - 10 Man Item per boss (+ X% to get another) / Or just reward 10 man marks
10 HC: 2 - 10 Man Items per boss (+ X% to get another) / + 10 man marks
25 NM: 3 - 10 Man Items per boss / 25 man marks or just drop it from quarter bosses / certain bosses but not all have a chance to drop 25 man item
25 HC: 2 - 25 Man Items per boss (+ X% to get another item)

So 25 normal should either NOT give 25 man loot or just with a low chance.
You can also do it like always 2 guaranteed item but just a low chance that one of them is 25 man loot in 25 Normal etc.

One guildi suggested:
"Trinkets and tokens only from HC, bad items also from normal"

So be creative about it!

The Reins of the Gargoyle Mount:

Make it unobtainable once Ulduar is released.

Requirements to do KT and Sapphiron HC:

Dont remove the requirement after the first kill. OR enforce that everybody in the raid has killed the HC bosses at least once.

Normal Versions:

Buff them, even just a little bit. Think about your heroic version as some kind of Mythic. But stock is just super duper boring.

I am in a very progress oriented PvE guild, so my opinion my not appeal the casual playerbase. Yet I dont think that Sunwell has not much of a casually playerbase anyway.

Cheers!
Lucker

Edit:
Quotes from people in my guild:
"seems like there is zero reason to stack any class, or even push at start, if that is the case, naxx is just there to give you gear for ulduar and gg"
"honestly if i went there for 2h naxx, i defenitly wont bother playing"
"this loot is retarded"
"If you ask the majority of the people if giving them 10k gold to start with is a good idea, many will say yes, cause it will benefit them huge, but it really is not healthy for the server"
"literally everyone that I told about this, might not play here anymore, but they can still change it"
"Boosts are really nice and challenging, would be a waste to have it not worth it"
"We signed up here, knowing that it will be extremely buffed, the loot does not reflect it"
"This is their last rodeo, it should be long and hard and rewarding"

Edited by Lucker
  • Like it! 3
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Lucker said:

Dont remove the requirement after the first kill. OR enforce that everybody in the raid has killed the HC bosses at least once.

I agree on both of these statements, do not nerf HC. Keep it as it is for the entire duration of the server, it is unique, looks good, something new, no need to change it after the realm firsts are done/next tier is here.

20 minutes ago, Lucker said:

The 25 man loot:
The loot in 25 man should be hard to obtain, as the previous Sunwell servers had a buffed 25 man, only really good players were able to obtain it. Its kind of a badge of honor if you ran around with that loot, cause it means you were good enough to do that encounter.
With this loot system and an unbuffed 25 normal compared to the heroic it hardly worth it to do HC after progression as split runs are way more efficient than doing one run with your main raid. And I gotta say, split runs are no fun. Especially just doing unbuffed Naxx.

So taking into consideration that we are going to do T7 for 3 months (!!!!!), we really gotta work on the amount of loot and what loot is dropped. Therefore I dont think its a good idea to just simply increase the loot for 25 HC, as this will hardly make it worth and nobody will play the bosses that you put so much work into. Also we gotta consider that people will not actively play anymore if their char is geared due too much loot.

Therefore I propose a different loot distribution:
10 NM: 1 - 10 Man Item per boss (+ X% to get another) / Or just reward 10 man marks
10 HC: 2 - 10 Man Items per boss (+ X% to get another) / + 10 man marks
25 NM: 3 - 10 Man Items per boss / 25 man marks or just drop it from quarter bosses / certain bosses but not all have a chance to drop 25 man item
25 HC: 2 - 25 Man Items per boss (+ X% to get another item)

So 25 normal should either NOT give 25 man loot or just with a low chance.
You can also do it like always 2 guaranteed item but just a low chance that one of them is 25 man loot in 25 Normal etc.

One guildi suggested:
"Trinkets and tokens only from HC, bad items also from normal"

So be creative about it!

Normal Versions:

Buff them, even just a little bit. Think about your heroic version as some kind of Mythic. But stock is just super duper boring.

I am in a very progress oriented PvE guild, so my opinion my not appeal the casual playerbase. Yet I dont think that Sunwell has not much of a casually playerbase anyway.

Cheers!
Lucker

Edit:
Quotes from people in my guild:
"seems like there is zero reason to stack any class, or even push at start, if that is the case, naxx is just there to give you gear for ulduar and gg"
"honestly if i went there for 2h naxx, i defenitly wont bother playing"
"this loot is retarded"

I agree with the majority of this post.

However, I suggest that you shouldn't have a random % chance to gain a 213 item from 25 nm. Instead if you want to incentivize people to do 25 nm over 10 man, I'd suggest having specific loot items drop on 25 nm that are 213 (not random % of any item from that boss).

As an alternative, if it is possible, having 25hc drop same item but higher item level with slightly upgraded stats. 

• Like it! 1

Buffs look promising. One glaring issue with this, though, is that doing several Naxx 25 normal mode splits is better gearing-wise than doing Naxx 25 Heroic. In practice, it means that you'll have competitive guilds doing Naxx Heroic only for the Realm First! Conqueror of Naxxramas race, and simply splitting it on normal mode for the remainder of the tier.

One way to solve it would be re-implement Naxxramas 40 loot as 226 extra drops from the same bosses they originally dropped from to incentivize doing Heroic at all.

Edited by Flarexd
clarified

Positive: Buffs look fun and interesting so far! 

Negative: Reward us for doing Heroic, not by giving us more Lost Jewels please. Items that actually matter and can prepare a guild to do more difficult heroic bosses or even down the line; Ulduar. 

lootexample.png

Edited by Chryslol
  • Like it! 1

Buffs might look cool and all, but I don't think naxx is going to survive first day, let alone first week.  I hope Sunwell proves me wrong.
HC will need more items, either after defeating KT (HC) or after defeating each of the last quarter bosses (as a chest or something), otherwise there is no point of running HC (unless you want RF), since doing 2 split groups is already 4x the gear you'll get. @Sunwell Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Sadger
  • Like it! 1
2 hours ago, Flarexd said:

Buffs look promising. One glaring issue with this, though, is that doing several Naxx 25 normal mode splits is better gearing-wise than doing Naxx 25 Heroic. In practice, it means that you'll have competitive guilds doing Naxx Heroic only for the Realm First! Conqueror of Naxxramas race, and simply splitting it on normal mode for the remainder of the tier.

One way to solve it would be re-implement Naxxramas 40 loot as 226 extra drops from the same bosses they originally dropped from to incentivize doing Heroic at all.

Not a bad solution tbh. Though honestly maybe not quite 226 or people will be overgeared for Ulduar. Either more 213 variety or something in between if you can.

Edited by Seltos
21 minutes ago, Seltos said:

Not a bad solution tbh.

pretty bad as it invalidates uldu25 loot. 219 ilvl items would be better solution since no one care about them during uldu.

Anyway, I agree that 1 extra item from hc bosses is not worth extra struggle. Maybe 2-3 + making trinkets only from HC would make sense. I really hope we won't end up doing naxx25 norm split runs for 3 months. 

Edited by dezzo
3 minutes ago, dezzo said:

Anyway, I agree that 1 extra item from hc bosses is not worth extra struggle. Maybe 2-3 + making trinkets only from HC would make sense. I really hope we won't end up doing naxx25 norm split runs for 3 months. 

(FOR HC) Imo easy fix is each 1 of the 4 quarter bosses + KT spawn a chest with 1-4 (more or less) items from that wing's bosses. For KT's chest will be only him and Sapphiron.

sunced, playin ironically, paradigm or whatever IMBA GZ guild it is. it always look like you are complaining about boosts/loot and how would you change it to convice you to go there when actually you are the only ones who will do it for entire content anyway xxxddd let us (other guilds) just progress it please, looks amazing for now
more gear = shorter content
  • Dislike 2
1 minute ago, Elioko said:
sunced, playin ironically, paradigm or whatever IMBA GZ guild it is. it always look like you are complaining about boosts/loot and how would you change it to convice you to go there when actually you are the only ones who will do it for entire content anyway xxxddd let us (other guilds) just progress it please, looks amazing for now

?????????????????????????????????????????? what is the point of hard content when you can go split 2/3 25m raids in sub 2 hours (retail naxx is a complete joke) and get 6x the loot instead of doing the intended content xDDDDDDDDDDD

1 hour ago, dezzo said:

pretty bad as it invalidates uldu25 loot. 219 ilvl items would be better solution since no one care about them during uldu.

Yeah I edited my initial response to say "maybe something in between 213 and 226"

1 hour ago, Elioko said:

I just don't want people to get laughed at when they ask in raid "can we try heroic?" and not a single player in raid thinks that's worth because loot is essentially what drives people in the game

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Elioko said:

Well, you can do almost all bosses either in normal or heroic, so easy bosses will also be done by more casual guilds. As these guilds get better gear, they will also be able to kill more difficult bosses, hence just have a slower progression. Thats normal wow raiding.

On Angrathar/Frosthold all guilds played the buffed Naxx right, so why should it be weird that all guilds play the buffed Naxx here as well.

• Like it! 1

Can we PLEASE add these buffs to 10 man. 25 is wack and youll only have 2-3 guilds doing this content, which I guess is cool? Idk I'm a 10 man raider and want a challenge too.

4 hours ago, Geu said:

Can we PLEASE add these buffs to 10 man. 25 is wack and youll only have 2-3 guilds doing this content, which I guess is cool? Idk I'm a 10 man raider and want a challenge too.

You can do 10m heroic...