Voltarus - new progressive 3.3.5 WotlK realm!

34 minutes ago, Seeker said:

I want to get good experience, which blizzard has provided with 1x rates. We can still get that experience if Devs adjust cost prices / drop rates accurately.

Then just use .xp 1 command which Devs has provided so you can still get that good experience.

Sometimes it feels like majority of players can't sleep until they find something they can complain on, even if it's something they can solve on their own...

• Perfect! 1
2 hours ago, Seeker said:

Option #1 (best): Improve drop rates for 1-68 content.
Option #2 (optimal): Remove level 20 riding cost. I have made research and posted it in suggestions on this forum. <---|Clickable|

Option #3 (the best) Make instant level 80
Option #4 (the more best)  Remove gold sinks, make nobles deck purchasable by an NPC for 2 gold, make glyphs free
Option #5 (the even more best) Remove price of flying, spending 24silver on a flight path that WASTES MY OWN TIME and TAKES MY OWN MONEY is unacceptable.

I have also made a research and linked the solution <---|Clickable|

Legend: YELLOW = "good experience"

tenor.gif

Edited by Sadger
  • Administrator
18 hours ago, Velarax said:

Are there any plans to eventually progress this realm to Cata and/or MoP?

We're working currently on MoP expansion and from technical point of view there should be no problems with transferring characters progress from wotlk to mop.

6 hours ago, Seeker said:

Can you please consider removing 150 skill (60%) riding cost, which is 3.60-4g (depending on reputation with your race faction) ? + you need to farm 90s-1g for actual mount.

We'll discuss it on next team meeting.

7 hours ago, Seeker said:

I want to get good experience, which blizzard has provided with 1x rates. We can still get that experience if Devs adjust cost prices / drop rates accurately.

I had more than 20 fresh launches, including Angrathar, Frosthold, Nightbane. And more than half of them were complete mess. 

This time i believe Sunwell can do a good launch. With 2x prof rates (thank you), 50% spell cost reduction. 

The main important thing in my opinion: to not force people to spam dungeons.

Why?
So people don't have to always have a mage in dungeon group, so they can save food money.
So people can level on quests, which is much more interesting and with good drop rates / spell&riding learning cost / prof rates is faster.

How? 
Option #1 (best): Improve drop rates for 1-68 content.
Option #2 (optimal): Remove level 20 riding cost. I have made research and posted it in suggestions on this forum. <---|Clickable|

So maybe you get this, not sure, but the reason for the dungeon spam is the increased rates. It makes dungeon spam the only good means of leveling. The reason is obvious if i got to zone A and it and its quest spam from level 10-15 and 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through it i hit lvl 15-16. I need to move on to get good exp again. Which mean i have to now take considerable time to RUN to the next zone which maybe far away.. far enough where i could just level again spamming dungeons.  (On top of the easy loot and rewards; cannot get ganked, easy selling loot, etc.)

There is no fix to dungeon spam x3 exp and above (at x3 its still the best by far). Its already more than competitive at x1 rates.  If they want it fixed the completion exp reward probably needs removed (or cut down to x1 rates), it would still be better at x1 exp reward than questing (for 99% of players) just less advantageous. 

But, do people actually want this? Maybe they like dungo spam (they apparently like x4-5)? This is just like having  a hidden +x1 modifier. 

Thank you @Amarathfor really reasonable thoughts from you!

Dungeon leveling 1-58 is faster on most of fresh servers. However i know couple speedleveling machines from classic & wotlk community who could compete.
They have built routes that don't require a lot of moving. 
And with all those new perks from Sunwell Team, like x2 profs rates, spell-learning companion, they really have a chance to be faster than RDF-spammers.
I think majority of people would really appreciate removed riding cost of the first mount. However getting level 40 mount is still a real challenge, like on Classic!

I think it's good idea to keep 50% spell cost and 1x drop rates, so people actually have to think about gold management.
All u have is 0 bags and 20 silver in the bag. What would you do, learn spells or buy more bag space ? :D These kind of things. 

I don't want to argue with you or anyone else. I just think how to make people enjoy their gameplay even more. Cheers!

Edited by Seeker
2 hours ago, Seeker said:

I think majority of people would really appreciate removed riding cost of the first mount. However getting level 40 mount is still a real challenge, like on Classic!

What is your reasoning for removing one and not the other? What about any of your reasons applies to one but not the other?

That's the problem. If you take your "solution" to its logical conclusion you can excuse essentially turning on any cheats/god mode for people because people would really appreciate it and wouldn't be able to immediately get what they want without it. Why not let the riding cost of the first mount also be a real challenge?

• Perfect! 1

Hello,

I think concept of Naxx 25 normal and heroic version is for experienced players to enjoy on more difficult content, I know some of ppl play this game for 10+ years so for enjoying the content they would need harder encounters, but what about 70% of player database that are not experienced? They will do normal Naxx25 and get same gear as those experienced ones in heroic difficulty. Some of you asked "Why we dont get better gear in naxx25 hc?", well, because I think it wont be fair, I'm semi-experienced player so im on both sides but more on majority of player database who wants to play casually and reach endgame gear eventually. With all those boosts on Frosthold majority of the server didn't have chance to obtain endgame gear because they had to wait for experienced players to finish with their progression in order for those others to try and get some of endgame gear.

Generally, I like the concept that you're trying to implement, most of the perks are okay, just hope you can make our lives easier from 1-69 in all terms. (for reputation, drop rates, xp rates, free mounts on lvl 20 at least, or even take in consideration of putting some general zone teleporter in companions I think that is great idea).

1 hour ago, Uriels said:

Hello,

I think concept of Naxx 25 normal and heroic version is for experienced players to enjoy on more difficult content, I know some of ppl play this game for 10+ years so for enjoying the content they would need harder encounters, but what about 70% of player database that are not experienced? They will do normal Naxx25 and get same gear as those experienced ones in heroic difficulty. Some of you asked "Why we dont get better gear in naxx25 hc?", well, because I think it wont be fair, I'm semi-experienced player so im on both sides but more on majority of player database who wants to play casually and reach endgame gear eventually. With all those boosts on Frosthold majority of the server didn't have chance to obtain endgame gear because they had to wait for experienced players to finish with their progression in order for those others to try and get some of endgame gear.

Generally, I like the concept that you're trying to implement, most of the perks are okay, just hope you can make our lives easier from 1-69 in all terms. (for reputation, drop rates, xp rates, free mounts on lvl 20 at least, or even take in consideration of putting some general zone teleporter in companions I think that is great idea).

Holy shit they're already reducing the game by a ton, and you people are still not satisfied.

Stop asking for free shit. What's the fucking point of playing the game if you don't want to play the fucking game?? Free mount free xp free professions no walking to class trainers free teleports higher drops free reputation when does it end

Edited by Seltos
7 hours ago, Uriels said:

Hello,

You do normal instead, is this too hard to comprehend? Nobody and I literally mean NOBODY is forcing you to do heroic tier 7.  And the point of getting MORE gear, NOT BETTER is in order to prevent splitting into 2x 15man (its faster, 2x the loot, takes no effort, takes no skill)  because getting +1 item is SIMPLY NOT WORTH the effort to go trough when the content is on farm, which will most likely be either A) 1st week or B) 2nd week.

Also to top this off they made made one of the worst decision regarding the stupid mount. Instead of making it hard to obtain and having some sense of an achievement  similar to MImiron's Head and Invincible they made it an RNG drop.  (not that anybody cares about mounts, including me, but is still a bad decision regardless)

Also make level 80 instant, add the option to .kill any target (works in instances too), add another option to .addgold. If you want all of this, you can go play retail where gold has no value and the game is dumbed down enough for you. :)

The only thing I agree on is removing the 75 Apprentice Riding cost, everything else is mindboggling.

Edited by Sadger
On 2/18/2021 at 3:30 PM, Azathothh said:

I've tested it on Riverpaw Runt in Elwynn Forest and it's working on Frosthold, but something with the range of it may be off, if player is too far, they won't aggro, developers will check it.

Hmmm. I just tested it on some mobs at Burning Steppes few times and it really worked. I haven't played for a while so I guess it got fixed and I'm really glad to see it. I'm 100% sure it was broken at some point, I even recorded a video when I logged to agrathar and frosthold and engaged some mobs at the same location with different results, but I can't find it anywhere now, probably deleted already. I'm hoping this time this will get transferred to new realm without issues. Thanks for answering, really appreciate it 👌.

On 2/23/2021 at 8:37 AM, Sadger said:

You do normal instead, is this too hard to comprehend? Nobody and I literally mean NOBODY is forcing you to do heroic tier 7.  And the point of getting MORE gear, NOT BETTER is in order to prevent splitting into 2x 15man (its faster, 2x the loot, takes no effort, takes no skill)  because getting +1 item is SIMPLY NOT WORTH the effort to go trough when the content is on farm, which will most likely be either A) 1st week or B) 2nd week.

Also to top this off they made made one of the worst decision regarding the stupid mount. Instead of making it hard to obtain and having some sense of an achievement  similar to MImiron's Head and Invincible they made it an RNG drop.  (not that anybody cares about mounts, including me, but is still a bad decision regardless)

Also make level 80 instant, add the option to .kill any target (works in instances too), add another option to .addgold. If you want all of this, you can go play retail where gold has no value and the game is dumbed down enough for you. :)

The only thing I agree on is removing the 75 Apprentice Riding cost, everything else is mindboggling.

Let's face it, this will be competition between Sunwell team and Whitemane team, they need to attract people, majority of people that plays are people nostalgic for wotlk (including me) and those people who have day jobs and can play couple of hours a day doesn't want to level up forever since they are excited to jump in wotlk content. All content before wotlk is unimportant for them and they would very much skip it as possible. And that's psychological thing, you'll attract more people with free mount on lvl 20, more drop rates or xp rates pre wotlk content, like they did with ally perks in order to attract more ppl to play ally (free dual spec is a huge thing for a perk tbh, less spell cost and prof x2 is fine). If nothing else, this is just my opinion, opinion of a common player that wants to play and enjoy "WOTLK" private server.

• Dislike 2
  • Perfect! 1
5 hours ago, Uriels said:

a common player that wants to play and enjoy "WOTLK" private server.

No, you want to play and enjoy a WotLK where everything dies when you trip over it.

There is no point to the game without a challenge. Normal 25 Naxx was designed with 3.0 talents and balance in mind, not 3.3.5a. Even in 3.0 it was way undertuned to the point of being trivial. It needs a certain level of buffs to match the level of difficulty one would expect from a normal raid, especially to make the loot scale appropriately between Normal and Heroic (which is how every single loot table in the game works already, the harder the content, the better the rewards)

You are not entitled to clearing the content. At some point you do need to, you know, actually play the game, if you expect to experience the game.

2 hours ago, Seltos said:

No, you want to play and enjoy a WotLK where everything dies when you trip over it.

There is no point to the game without a challenge. Normal 25 Naxx was designed with 3.0 talents and balance in mind, not 3.3.5a. Even in 3.0 it was way undertuned to the point of being trivial. It needs a certain level of buffs to match the level of difficulty one would expect from a normal raid, especially to make the loot scale appropriately between Normal and Heroic (which is how every single loot table in the game works already, the harder the content, the better the rewards)

You are not entitled to clearing the content. At some point you do need to, you know, actually play the game, if you expect to experience the game.

Can't agree more with you, enjoying WOLTK content doesn't come from killing bosses without putting, literally, zero effort. This is retail values for you.
I can't wait for people to subscribe to WOLTK Classic(Same case happened to Vanilla, same case will happen to TBC as well) and realize how easy the game is, even with pre-nerfed values. Is just that current rewards of heroic do not outmatch a simple 15man split. Yes, yes we know, Naxxramass/eoe have no heroic loot tables because heroic didn't exist for them, buffs lookg amazing on paper just the last is to figure out how to do the loot properly.

Edited by Sadger

Just PLEASE! make it as challenging as possible, so the gear become its currency... there shoud be a gear gap between a player and a "player" simple as it is...

/it is always easier to nerf after some time, than just ...

Edited by badluck666
  • Like it! 1

Please tell me that, 

i need to create a new character start since lvl 1,  and i not be able to transfer my character from FrostHold , yeah? 

i mean if answer is YES thats cool, i hope the answer is YES.  :) 

0 gold new character i cant wait :) 

Edited by Kenpachi