Voltarus - new progressive 3.3.5 WotlK realm!

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Geu said:

Is it possible to buff 10 mans as well? I enjoy raiding with my bros, and don't enjoy managing 25 people, but yet 10 mans get no love from your buffed content. (T9 heroic didnt get the cool buffs that you had for 25 man)

Yep, but for sure it won't be boosted as much as 25man versions

• Dislike 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Azathothh said:

Yep, but for sure it won't be boosted as much as 25man versions

On the first page, it says "* Original difficulty versions of Naxxramas, Eye of Eternity and Obsidian Sanctum will remain accessible and intact."

When you say "Original", do you mean Blizzlike or "original Sunwell values"? Because Blizzlike values for T7, even on Normal mode, is going to be way too easy. Combine that with only cosmetic rewards for the Heroic T7 and it's gonna result in no one doing Heroic mode and everyone getting bored of facerolling Normal mode.

I'm not saying Normal should be super difficult but surely SOME buffs are needed, no?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Seltos said:

When you say "Original", do you mean Blizzlike or "original Sunwell values"?

Original means blizzlike. You say that will be too easy - but there are always new players who just started playing WoW. Due to boosts on previous realms, part of playerbase had to wait until boosts are removed because they were simply not capable of raiding with the boosts. Of course unboosted normal will be easy for players who already played Wotlk, and exactly for such players, who want "something more" there will be Heroic mode.

3 minutes ago, Seltos said:

Combine that with only cosmetic rewards for the Heroic T7

I don't think anyone ever said that there will be only cosmetic rewards from heroic t7.

Post about Heroic t7 will be posted soon and i hope it will clear up any doubts.

22 minutes ago, Azathothh said:

I don't think anyone ever said that there will be only cosmetic rewards from heroic t7.

Post about Heroic t7 will be posted soon and i hope it will clear up any doubts.

Alright, I hope so. I think it really hinges on this.

14 hours ago, Seltos said:

Alright, I hope so. I think it really hinges on this.

Let's hope HC has an additional chance (low, but exists?) to drop an additional item from that specific boss or something similar, otherwise as you mentioned nobody is going to do HC if its just extra gold/cosmetic bs or smt. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guess we'll get more info when they do the post regarding the hc versions.

Edited by Sadger

I feel releasing a Blizzlike 25 Normal Naxxramas is a bad decision IF loot stays the same. There's really no preparation needed to do Naxxramas 25 Normal and the rewards for doing it is insane when you can do it with literally blue 187 ilvl gear, it's also weird rewarding players free epics for doing bosses that are way undertuned- who learns anything from that? A feel of gear-progression is very important for the longevity of the server.

Gearing Progression in Tier 7

• Gearing up by doing level 80 quests / Reputation Rewards
  • Doing RDF (Heroics) / Heroism gear / Crafted 200 ilvl gear
  • Naxxramas 10 Normal (200 ilvl + KT 213 ilvl)
  • Naxxramas 25 Normal (213 ilvl + KT 226 ilvl)

Having Blizzlike Naxxramas 25 Normal would pretty much remove the need to do Heroics/Naxx10 because there's 0 requirement to do them (a new player don't need to pull his weight at all). 

Curious how you would balance this since it's a very important aspect of tier 7. 

Edited by Chryslol

Better designed Realm Statistics

Could you please add a census data tab about race and class distribution (%) on servers or at least for Voltarus?

+ an option to check it for max lvls only

Edited by potato666
2 minutes ago, arcaneblood said:

vvhats the point to raid here vvhen vve vvill have the follovvings
1 -  buffed content for no extre revvards    (vvhitemain has  + 2-3 items bonus drop)

2 - lovver xp rate  (vvhitemain has bettr rates)

3 - lovver  profeshens rate - (vvhitemain has 3 x till 375 skill)

4  - more expensive spells ( vvhitemain has them  learned  automaticly)

5 - reputations  are shit ( vvhitemain has  3x  for vanila and  tbc)

6 - reponce form GM takes  forever (vvhitemain  has 2-3 min  times  for an ansvver)

7 - sunvvell has the same bugs  it had   at launch  (vvhitemain has its bugs  more then sunvvell but they get fixd  in 1-2 day and  players get compensated)

note for  7   is that  vve have  to report  bugs  on bug tracker  but vve dont get payed for that  so  no  pay no vvork 

8 - sunvvell has retarded  staff members  and moderaters ( crafty is not retarded   he  does his job  most of the time  but he is vveak minded - so that makes  him also uselss  as a head  gm)
you can ban players  for  svvearing    or  taking  stuff form guild  bank  - if you dont vvant to hear  form some one you  ignore him 

if you dont vvant people to take stuff from your guild  you dont let them vvithdravv   you dont ban them becouse  you are retarded  

bonus  thing to add  is that  i talked  to many many  players  over my  time  spend in game 

no one vvants  to have  buffed content     maybe  1-2  people  out of  500  people  and those  1-2 people  dident played long  becouse they dident cleared more then fevv bosses  on the buffed content 

yea  i agree there are guilds  vvich cleard  it  but those  guilds  are people  comming  as a  team  form diferent servers  and are vvell organised   but imagine doing  a  raid vvith  25  random people    i dont say its a hard content  but most of the people  like (98%)  of the sunvvell  player bace  are  totaly  retarded   and  the rest   have  like  30% of my skill :D  yea  i do  knovv i am the best  in the  vvorld and its not  fair :D  but  this are  hovv they are

so  fi your vvish to  make a proper server  be better then the servers  there are and knovv  there is only one god :)and i  am that god :D

• Dislike 6
On 2/15/2021 at 2:05 AM, arcaneblood said:

buffed content for no extre revvards    (vvhitemain has  + 2-3 items bonus drop)

If you could read you'd see they already said there will be more than cosmetic rewards, info to come before server launch.

2 - lovver xp rate  (vvhitemain has bettr rates)

3 - lovver  profeshens rate - (vvhitemain has 3 x till 375 skill)

4  - more expensive spells ( vvhitemain has them  learned  automaticly)

5 - reputations  are shit ( vvhitemain has  3x  for vanila and  tbc)

"waaaaah if I have to spend time to actually earn things it is a bad thing"

Then I guess funservers like Whitemane are for you. And so are dictionaries, christ. Profeshens.

6 - reponce form GM takes  forever (vvhitemain  has 2-3 min  times  for an ansvver)

7 - sunvvell has the same bugs  it had   at launch  (vvhitemain has its bugs  more then sunvvell but they get fixd  in 1-2 day and  players get compensated)

6 - Not in my experience. Maybe the GMs here couldn't read your illegible nonsense.

7 - My ass it does. In the few months between when I started on Frosthold and it finished progression I saw many different things fixed, not to mention brand new features implemented. Oh no, some quest in Stonetalon Mountains isn't 100% right, boo hoo. I'd rather the devs spend their time on actual interesting content, given that dev time is a limited resource.

Meanwhile on "vvhitemain" you have bugs from 4 years ago not fixed that are fixed here, K3 looks like the devs fell asleep on their keyboard and accidentally spawned an army of mobs that don't belong there, xp rates are doubled all the time to compensate for constantly delayed promises and server crashes, and there are so many bugs that for half of them people just don't bother reporting. Have fun with people exploit capping WG in 2 minutes, most toxic community I've ever seen on a pserver, artificially slowed AH speed, scuffed Razuvious understudy taunts with DR, patchwerk's patrol getting stuck, mining nodes being non-existent, more bots and spammers than actual players, and just an overall lack of understanding from the devs about how game design philosophy works.

But hey, don't worry, if you get mad at me for saying any of that stuff, you can always join the officially-endorsed-by-whitemane-devs nsfw chat and call me the N word. Because trash community.

no one vvants  to have  buffed content

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Just download trinitycore or some shit and solo everything with gm commands on your own computer, since you want everything handed to you. For the rest of us who actually want a challenge, which is btw almost everyone, we can stay here.

Edited by Seltos
  • Like it! 2
  • Confused 1
On 2/6/2021 at 10:07 PM, Kuroi_Mato_O said:

One question.

On Frosthold you by some reason removed on purpose or just broke aggro system for PVE. Some enemies when on low hp starting to run away to their allies and pull their aggro on you if they succeeded. But this system worked on Agrathar, I tested it on both realms. Can you clarify this? And what what will you do on voltarus regarding this problem. Because at least for me it's an important aspect of the game and by removing it you basically removing some of the spells (that CC or prevent enemy from fleeing) and some depth in PVE.

Why are you guys ignoring me? I probably asked this question like 10 times already at different platforms and every time you just ignore it. Why? It's not a hard question to answer nor it's a provocative one, it's not like it's drowned in other questions either - 3 forum pages for an almost a month, c'mon. Can you just answer if it's gonna work on voltarus - yes/no...

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Kuroi_Mato_O said:

One question.

On Frosthold you by some reason removed on purpose or just broke aggro system for PVE. Some enemies when on low hp starting to run away to their allies and pull their aggro on you if they succeeded. But this system worked on Agrathar, I tested it on both realms. Can you clarify this? And what what will you do on voltarus regarding this problem. Because at least for me it's an important aspect of the game and by removing it you basically removing some of the spells (that CC or prevent enemy from fleeing) and some depth in PVE.

I've tested it on Riverpaw Runt in Elwynn Forest and it's working on Frosthold, but something with the range of it may be off, if player is too far, they won't aggro, developers will check it.

• Like it! 1
  • Dislike 1

Are there any plans to eventually progress this realm to Cata and/or MoP?

Don't get me wrong, WotLK is great, everyone and their mother loves it, but it would be awesome if we could take our characters forward beyond it, when the time comes. A number of other projects currently on WotLK/Cata have plans to advance through to Cata/MoP, which is very appealing to many players, so if this realm plans to do so as well (even if we're talking like 2 years in the future), this would entice those players to invest here. Just my thoughts.

• Confused 1

Can you please consider removing 150 skill (60%) riding cost, which is 3.60-4g (depending on reputation with your race faction) ? + you need to farm 90s-1g for actual mount.
I just don't see how u get enough gold for it, even with 50% spell reduction cost untill level 33-35 ish, unless you spam dungeons. 
I think it will be a good perk for people who want to level on quests, not spamming dungeons!

• Whaaaat? 1

Can we not start the slippery slope of just giving everyone everything for free? Really, there comes a point at which there's no reason to bother playing. Money management is part of the game, or it isn't.

Everyone loves fresh servers. Oh except the leveling please give us x69 xp and instant free spells and skill ups and professions.

Everyone loves wotlk. Oh except t7 and t9 please shorten those. Oh and make sure to buff t8 so it's fun. And we will quit immediately after t10 btw because we love it so much.

Everyone loves pvp. Oh except give us double/triple/quadruple honor so we don't have to do it as much. And don't you dare ask me to play the less populated side to encourage balance.

Everyone loves the difficulty. Oh except please give me a reason to do hard modes besides cosmetics or I won't bother.

Making money can be fun. But please get rid of all the few gold sinks like spell training and mounts and dual spec so that I don't have to get gold for anything except player trades.

Just let the game be the game. There's a big difference between changing the balance a bit to tune it right, whether that be faction balance, some xp buffs, etc. But there does come a point where you're just basically playing with god mode on and there's no point at all. That's one of the big reasons I don't want to play on that other server. No point becoming a copy.

Good game design involves finding that sweet spot between easy and impossible.

Edited by Seltos
  • Like it! 2
  • Perfect! 1

I want to get good experience, which blizzard has provided with 1x rates. We can still get that experience if Devs adjust cost prices / drop rates accurately.

I had more than 20 fresh launches, including Angrathar, Frosthold, Nightbane. And more than half of them were complete mess. 

This time i believe Sunwell can do a good launch. With 2x prof rates (thank you), 50% spell cost reduction. 

The main important thing in my opinion: to not force people to spam dungeons.

Why?
So people don't have to always have a mage in dungeon group, so they can save food money.
So people can level on quests, which is much more interesting and with good drop rates / spell&riding learning cost / prof rates is faster.

How? 
Option #1 (best): Improve drop rates for 1-68 content.
Option #2 (optimal): Remove level 20 riding cost. I have made research and posted it in suggestions on this forum. <---|Clickable|

• Dislike 1