Voltarus - new progressive 3.3.5 WotlK realm!

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Seltos said:

Will this be on release or is it still yet to be coded?

The plan is to have it enabled on release (it's already coded and was used in the past on Angrathar).

• Like it! 1
22 hours ago, Zaraa said:

Are you setting up a new realm again when you can't cope with leaving players? Typical. This server has long been written off. You create something new without caring about those who have spent a lot of time on Sunwell. I transferred my characters from the Feronis to Angrathar and from Angrathar to Frosthold... I can't enjoy playing my main because you keep abandoning extinct realms and then deleting them. And what's next? Volarus will also fall and you will remove him again.

I agree.. I feel like this is some kind of sick joke .. how many times do I have to start over?? I put so much time in to one char to have it shit canned 3 times... The total disregard for peoples time and donations is mind blowing.  I’ll be on a server thats focused on longevity.

On 1/31/2021 at 1:19 PM, Azathothh said:

We can't transfer characters with icc/rs gear to a realm where highest content is naxxramas... one of the options would be moving completely naked character, without ANY items, professions - but this option doesn't have much to do with the "transfer", therefore we'll stick to the transfers during Ruby Sanctum content most likely.

Best regards

We are long-term players levelling very slowly 1x XP rate enjoying the content. So we will just go on playing on Frosthold and when the time comes do the transfer. Thanks for ensuring continuity! *thumbsub*

Hello.

Since they're adding the HC difficulity on the tier 7 raids, does that mean that the tier 7 raid 25 normals will not be tuned? On Frosthold it was tuned 25 content (Until they removed it), will HC replace that?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, himmelife said:

Hello.

Since they're adding the HC difficulity on the tier 7 raids, does that mean that the tier 7 raid 25 normals will not be tuned? On Frosthold it was tuned 25 content (Until they removed it), will HC replace that?

Hello!

Yes, normals will remain with blizzlike values.

why alliance?

Alliance Perks:  * Profession skill up has a 50% chance to give an additional skill point.
                         * Reputation gains from all sources increased by +10%.
                         * Dual-Specialization cost reduced by 100%.
                         * Spell training cost reduced by 75% instead of 50%
                         * Upon reaching level 80, Alliance players will receive by mail: 1x Weapon Transmog Token and 2x Armor Transmog Tokens.

5 hours ago, sisichka said:

why alliance?

Alliance Perks:  * Profession skill up has a 50% chance to give an additional skill point.
                         * Upon reaching level 80, Alliance players will receive by mail: 1x Weapon Transmog Token and 2x Armor Transmog Tokens.

Because otherwise the server becomes 90% Horde?

13 minutes ago, Seltos said:

Because otherwise the server becomes 90% Horde?

with those weak perks it will becomes 90% horde anyway, i had hope to enjoy for at least once playing in alliance on sunwell but not gonna happen...

@Azathothh

Could we also get some clarification about which perks specifically will be turned off until server firsts? Will alliance get the 75% reduced spell training and free dual spec on launch or will that be delayed until realm firsts?

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Seltos said:

@Azathothh

Could we also get some clarification about which perks specifically will be turned off until server firsts? Will alliance get the 75% reduced spell training and free dual spec on launch or will that be delayed until realm firsts?

"Profession skill up has a 50% chance to give an additional skill point."  -> will be disabled until all profession RFs are achieved
"Dual-Specialization cost reduced by 100%" and "Spell training cost reduced by 75% instead of 50%"  -> will be disabled until all Class/Race RFs are achieved (i guess this one won't take longer than 2days, unless Gnomes are slacking again :) )

8 hours ago, himmelife said:

Does that mean 25 man Naxx will have to lockouts, so you can do 25 normal and HC? Will HC gear be better?

No, there will be one ID and you'll be able to decide if you want to do norm/hc  on per-boss basis. You can do 1st boss HC, second norm, third HC and so on. Gear won't be better, in order to do such thing, interference into client files would be required (players would be forced to download additional patch file) and we're not going to force anyone to download anything other than basic wotlk 3.3.5a client.

More detailed info about it will be posted before release.

Heroic version Naxxramas is really good, since then you can actually tune encounters to the players that wants challenging content. It's important tho that there's a reason to toggle heroic mode. Either do it with making bosses drop more 213 items or make additional 226 items into their loot-table (just like HMs in Ulduar). Make it so it's really worth since we fucking hate the split-run meta (make bosses have a chance to drop Illustration/Fury trinket or Pennant Cloak / Head from Sartharion etc or even Kiss of the Spider from Maexxna 10 (min-maxers don't care about vanity items). 

Putting effort into tuning naxx heroic and then no1 even bothers swapping to it would be really sad. 

//Chrys-Sunced

Edited by Chryslol
  • Like it! 1
On 2/4/2021 at 7:00 PM, Azathothh said:

No, there will be one ID and you'll be able to decide if you want to do norm/hc  on per-boss basis

Please make the same thing for T9 both 10 and 25 man, one of the worse things blizzard did, having to run 4 (2 of which are a complete waste of time regarding difficulty (normal 10 and 25, even heroic 10man is a joke without buffs)) instances. Actually fixing blizzard's mistake and making HC & Normal 1 id as intended (Just like ICC and future expansions) will be a good thing for most players

Also regarding the Naxxramas tuning you could just make it so there is let's say 25% (Or any other value you choose to fit) chance per boss killed on HC difficulty to drop 1 additional loot piece from that boss's loot table or an additional valor emblem(s). As guilds that are not going to race for RF (95%~) will have no reason to go heroic if you do not implement additional reward(s). Which will solve the issue that Chryslol noted, why would you even do heroic in the first place if there is no extra reward(s) for doing, also you should tie RF to that heroic mode.  And add heroic to 10man as well, as 10m has been a joke on all servers except Lord.

AND RELEASE T7 RAIDS IN A PERIOD OVER A MONTH OR SOMETHING, NOT ALL AT ONCE. PLAESE!

Edited by Sadger

What worries me the most is the complete ignorance and indifference that the sunwell team has shown towards players. When confronting a gm ingame about fixing a bug that has been in bugtracker for years, typical answer "go to a bug report", lately even a GM (can´t remember the name) that was constantly posting shit on global.  Suggestions made here laid here untouched forever. This has always been the key aspect to any server survival- communication. And lately, it has been nonexistant.

• Haha 1
On 1/28/2021 at 8:01 PM, Azathothh said:

3. Voltarus
Type: PvP
Expansion: Wrath of the Lich King (3.3.5a)
Content: Fresh Progressive
Language: English enforced in public channels, including Random-Battlegrounds, Random-Dungeons and Wintergrasp.

Experience Rates: * Default 1 to 67 (x3) → level 68 to 80 (2x) 
                             * Experience Boost (optional): 1 to 67 (x6) → 68 to 80 (x4)

Spell training cost reduced by 50%
Random Battlegrounds award 15% more experience between level 10 and 69.
Raid Leaders receive a [Satchel of Leadership] after every raid boss.
Tanks and Healers in RDF receive a [Satchel of Helpful Goods] at the end of the dungeon.
Random Dungeon Finder awards 25% more experience after level 68.
Double Honor rates every weekend (2x honor).

* Composition of satchels will contain a small amount of gold and a fair amount of crafting materials.

Features that can give an advantage in the Realm First race will be disabled until all of the RFs related to them are obtained (race, class and professions). Such as store functions, Recruit-a-Friend and Alliance profession skill-up perk.

Everything looks very nice, I would only suggest adding bonus emblems for RDF and Experience Rates every weekend, for example 1-67 (x4), 67-80 (x3) and maybe a bonus to collecting from Mining, Herbalism, Skinning and I think there will be a lot of attendance on weekends

Edited by Glenfidich
adding an idea

One question.

On Frosthold you by some reason removed on purpose or just broke aggro system for PVE. Some enemies when on low hp starting to run away to their allies and pull their aggro on you if they succeeded. But this system worked on Agrathar, I tested it on both realms. Can you clarify this? And what what will you do on voltarus regarding this problem. Because at least for me it's an important aspect of the game and by removing it you basically removing some of the spells (that CC or prevent enemy from fleeing) and some depth in PVE.

Edited by Kuroi_Mato_O
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

People are screwed up. Almost everyone wants to play ICC and when the new realm starts, they all have pressure on ICC and urge the administration to quickly open new content up to ICC, but when ICC is there, they stop playing and go to play the new realm again, on which they will also urge for ICC . Some moron paradox ;)

Edited by deeq
  • Like it! 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Perfect! 1

I mean it's kind of silly to expect people to play the same content forever. Once there's no more new content to expect, why keep gearing up or doing the same thing you already killed over and over?

As long as there's no good answer to that, this will be the natural life cycle of servers.

• Perfect! 1

Is it possible to buff 10 mans as well? I enjoy raiding with my bros, and don't enjoy managing 25 people, but yet 10 mans get no love from your buffed content. (T9 heroic didnt get the cool buffs that you had for 25 man)