Situation repeating itself

Ajax

21 minutes ago, Aranae said:

Large groups of twinks? Sorry, but I didn't see any. Just a few twinks queueing solo from time to time. Most of lvl79 ally players I've seen there are now 80.
Maybe... just maybe, you have to play on the server you're talking about to see things clearly? Though if a person prefers to be angry at his own imagination, who am I to stop him?..

I played some games, enough to see what was what this time around. In the games I saw alliance always had a minimum of 2 proper twinks, plus a myriad of what you might call temporary twinks, those you described before who are high level and having some fun before 80, getting some easy honor (and they know every game will be easy). I'm not sure the distinction really matters. From the point of view of the horde levellers, those are all twinks.

I saw enough to know the situation was repeating itself. And I saw plenty enough first time around to know how it would go. And if the admins hadn't stepped in, would things have got better or got even worse? I think we both know the answer.

Your denial of the obvious on this point is pretty pathetic.

Also, who cares if you're solo queuing? Who even brought that up? If you're only facing levellers and you're beating them up 50 times a day, that still makes you pathetic, premade or not.

The point is you were exploiting an unfair situation and the admins stopped you. I'm glad, personally.

Your imaginary mage has betrayed his comrades instead of leaving and making room for someone else. He isn't smart enough to move from graveyard in a spirit form! LITERALLY FREE HONOR.

This mage is far from imaginary. There were countless examples of exactly this. And it's not like I'm defending him. He's scum leeching xp by afking. The problem was that that basically described the whole horde team, every game, once they realised they had 0 chance of winning due to the imbalance.

The twinks exploiting this for "literally free honor" are also scum and confirm all the worst stereotypes about twinks.

You had zero problem with this situation a few weeks ago. You were enjoying yourself and described it as a "horde problem". Well those horde levellers solved their problem. Now it's you with the problem.

Hmm? No time for standing in Stormwind, mate. I still need reputations, gear, transmog. I enjoy tbc raiding and fighting vs 80s in the world. Also, don't forget about WG.

Ha. Alright. Have fun with that.

Obvious, indeed. By alliance I mean "current Frosthold players on the alliance side". Very simple.

Yes those "current frosthold players on the alliance side" who all decided to roll one faction in order to stomp levellers. Then started bellyaching when admins stepped in to ruin their  fun. Them.

Exactly what they did on Angrathar. With a premade.

Angrathar had twinks on both sides. Alliance were somewhat stronger actually. But your comment here reveals you know nothing.

The alliance makes concessions up to guild kick for graveyard camping on BGs, but it's not enough for you... XD

I don't care if you graveyard camp levellers. I'm just pointing out that if you do so, non stop, all day every day they will get their own back by shutting you down due to their sea of tickets and complaints. Which then kills twinking and makes the server not worth playing on. A situation you could easily have avoided by, oh you know, having some of your friends roll the other faction so not all games were like that? But as I said, you confirm all the worst stereotypes of twinks, so in the end I can only conclude that justice was served.

(I just wonder what are 19 and 69 twinks guilty of, since they're also blocked just because of 70-79 situation)

Yeah for sure. They must be pretty pissed off at the 79 ally twinks who caused this. But like me they have other places to go.

Edited by Ajax

1 hour ago, Aranae said:

LITERALLY FREE HONOR.
Jk.

43 minutes ago, Ajax said:

This mage is far from imaginary. There were countless examples of exactly this. And it's not like I'm defending him. He's scum leeching xp by afking. The problem was that that basically described the whole horde team, every game, once they realised they had 0 chance of winning due to the imbalance.

The twinks exploiting this for "literally free honor" are also scum and confirm all the worst stereotypes about twinks.

Jk = just kidding. But oh, I've got such a serious answer...

On 4/28/2020 at 10:44 AM, Aranae said:

I don't deny balance problem. 

46 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Your denial of the obvious on this point is pretty pathetic.

As you say, sir XD

47 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Angrathar had twinks on both sides. Alliance were somewhat stronger actually. But your comment here reveals you know nothing.

Your denial of the obvious on this point (summer 2018 alliance player PoV) is pretty pathetic.
By the way, I remember Newcure you mentioned before. Nice person, good player. It has been fun watching him killing loads of horde at the graveyard with a single [Mind Sear] cast ?

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

Which then kills twinking and makes the server not worth playing on.

Well, even you have to admit that blocking twinking is not an elegant solution.

27 minutes ago, Aranae said:

Your denial of the obvious on this point (summer 2018 alliance player PoV) is pretty pathetic.
?

What exactly are you claiming about Angrathar? Because any claim you make can easily be refuted. Alliance had by far the largest twink guild, as well as the third largest twink guild. They had more twinks in the top 100 kills, as you can go see for yourself, even now. Any claim that Angrathar was imbalanced in horde's favour is silly. There may have been days, even weeks when horde won more games, but this is normal on any server where things swing back an forth. It was nothing like Frosthold and any attempt to equate them shows you did not play for any length of time on Angrathar. I don't know who you played back then, but it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

I didn't say blocking twinking was an elegant solution. But it's the only one left. You and other ally twinks' idiocy forced the admins' hands. You can't blame anyone but yourself.

Edited by Ajax

Hahaha it was always my theory that twinkers (and others) will roll both factions and switch to whichever one is winning more at the moment to steamroll. I guess I was right :D

On 5/4/2020 at 10:53 AM, Max said:

Hahaha it was always my theory that twinkers (and others) will roll both factions and switch to whichever one is winning more at the moment to steamroll. I guess I was right :D

idk if you judge from your own preferences but me personally prefer a bit more challenge (not the ones when you're having no chances of staying alive tho), - on other servers i used to play with many chars and from both factions. Mostly I choose to come as those who lose mostly (though unless if they lose miserably and I can't help them enough, then surely it's still better to just sort of underplay on the winning side but still get something - points). If the group isn't losing miserably then i'd be there to help them. Unless when I feel like playing with certain class.

For example atm I'm having multiple chars leveling, and i sometimes just enter with the other side's char to help, ofc if i have at that range (playing x3 on lower levels, x1 on higher, so that way i can do something against higher levels).  80th are sort of dead end to me, so I'm stopping at 79 (2 chars already in here) - it just somehow feels that at 80 there's not much fun left, end-game by dead-end. And i mostly dislike raiding, to me it's better just some 5man hard dungeons with almost same/same quality rewards.

I indeed twinked myself on other server with 79, and got the idea that when it's too easy, it's not interesting. But same is with too hard. I like the idea of stopping the hardcore twinking on bgs, but in the end there's just way too much disbalance overall. If people join at low levels on bgs, then who should they be bashing at? It's the core of the level system in such MMOs. Lower levels will have headache trying to match someone of +9 levels (ofc there's some chance for epic 70 geared that can do well enough). Lower skill ranks, gear. Though if you levelup through the bg, then mostly you stay at same gear. So I guess just limit it to the starting Northrend gear level for the exp-stopped ones. There's still the level difference, but it's unlikely GMs make some 70-74 and 75-79 brackets. Ofc there's gonna be some troubles while playing against others, but if they just pass by to 80, it's sort of alright (make them always get x3 rate from BG exp :))

And as of now, the separate BGs don't work. Cuz staying at 79 is even worse than on 80, due to no raids. So people log in, check the status of the BG queue, see it's low, try to wait for some time and logout cuz bored while there's nothing else to do.

Edited by Naud
last 3 sentences
  • Like it! 1

oh, and just a bit of "blasphemy" - Blizz aren't perfect themselves, they have had already so many patches, so much was fixed and is being fixed atm on official servers. They've tried (as I read someplace - don't follow the WoW news) even to the extend where gear just doesn't matter and the stats are pre-determined.

So blizzlike is just for the nostalgia, even tho there's so much that isn't beautifully done.

• 3 weeks later...

/bow

I would like to express my disappointment in decision making of the administration. The state of the game that we are currently in is just unacceptable. Separating levelers from "twinks" ultimately made BG's an exp farm, not a pvp ground. Not to mention that 3/4 of twink community just stopped playing the game, since there is absolutely no reason to log in to the game. You have sacrificied a large group of dedicated players, who gave up their time AND money in many cases for the good of players who just do not care about the idea of PVP. Farming graveyards and win/lose swings was always a thing, on Blizzard servers, any private servers that ever existed. Blizzard implemented the stopped exp function for a reason, twink brackets exist since 2004 and YOU my dear administration made everything you could to be "fair" to people, who in most part simply did not care about that bracket. Only whined about getting shit on by people who were just looking for some PvP experience. You want to get some experience and level up? Join RDF. Battlegrounds are meant for PvP and it should be staying that way. The way that things are right now on Frosthold is the way that casual players wanted it to be. IF you care about the population of the server, income and overall experience of gameplay you SHOULD be considering bringing back the old, untouched bracket system which in time will form itself to a normal shape. Many dedicated players who left the game will eventually come back to queue for some actual PvP, and there will be no place for moaning and crying about getting farmed on BG's, since queuing to one means you are willing to fight. Fights have different outcomes, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Those who are determined to win will eventually do it, but if you come to a battleground just to level up, you got it fucked up mate. Change your attitude to that bracket. Since we have our place on the forum, we should have it in the game too. 

Edited by przepu

@przepu

Your intentions - however correct they are now totally irrelevant.

All this and more has been discussed here since December. We don't have to anymore.

Hopeless and weak administration, which, despite a lot of the requests and ideas to equalize both factions at the beginning of the server - made a decision to ignore it all with success and solve it as worst as possible, forcing lot of players to stay or even more to run on Warmane. Approximately 200 only in January 2020.

The solution to this, and actually the only chance to even think to rebuild the brackets at all is obviously crossfaction - even on 80s, which in its assumption crossfaction system had to give the possibility of auto-equalization of games till the real and actual size of faction population is balanced.

We witnessed another bloody stupid decision a month ago, when the administration, despite our requests and priv messages on Facebook to GMs - fully aware of the lack of 70s hordes on the server - decided to unlock the bracket without turning the cross system. Their surprise that something was wrong was also pathetic, while we tried an internal attempt to save the situation by not participating in games as much as possible.

For unknown reasons, stupidity, laziness or contempt to their own long time players and payers - the server is waiting for this solution for nearly half a year ( like a crossrealm with Angrathar which could make wonders, but it was just an unhumorous joke ).

And yet still, there are people interested in returning - the administration has a chance to rehabilitate.

Edited by Marianekgrzyb
  • Dislike 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Respect! 1
  • Perfect! 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 1:57 PM, Naud said:

idk if you judge from your own preferences but me personally prefer a bit more challenge (not the ones when you're having no chances of staying alive tho), - on other servers i used to play with many chars and from both factions. Mostly I choose to come as those who lose mostly (though unless if they lose miserably and I can't help them enough, then surely it's still better to just sort of underplay on the winning side but still get something - points). If the group isn't losing miserably then i'd be there to help them. Unless when I feel like playing with certain class.

For example atm I'm having multiple chars leveling, and i sometimes just enter with the other side's char to help, ofc if i have at that range (playing x3 on lower levels, x1 on higher, so that way i can do something against higher levels).  80th are sort of dead end to me, so I'm stopping at 79 (2 chars already in here) - it just somehow feels that at 80 there's not much fun left, end-game by dead-end. And i mostly dislike raiding, to me it's better just some 5man hard dungeons with almost same/same quality rewards.

I indeed twinked myself on other server with 79, and got the idea that when it's too easy, it's not interesting. But same is with too hard. I like the idea of stopping the hardcore twinking on bgs, but in the end there's just way too much disbalance overall. If people join at low levels on bgs, then who should they be bashing at? It's the core of the level system in such MMOs. Lower levels will have headache trying to match someone of +9 levels (ofc there's some chance for epic 70 geared that can do well enough). Lower skill ranks, gear. Though if you levelup through the bg, then mostly you stay at same gear. So I guess just limit it to the starting Northrend gear level for the exp-stopped ones. There's still the level difference, but it's unlikely GMs make some 70-74 and 75-79 brackets. Ofc there's gonna be some troubles while playing against others, but if they just pass by to 80, it's sort of alright (make them always get x3 rate from BG exp :))

And as of now, the separate BGs don't work. Cuz staying at 79 is even worse than on 80, due to no raids. So people log in, check the status of the BG queue, see it's low, try to wait for some time and logout cuz bored while there's nothing else to do.

Yea I pretty much agree with this way of doing things. Too bad the mouthbreathers will always ruin things and force situations where one side is always getting utterly destroyed with zero chance. Either you join them and be bored out of your mind but atleast get something done, or quit. Or, do the hard thing, and try to form up some kind of guild or whatever. Unfortunately I find the player base becoming more and more insufferable as the years go on. Only systems and incentives can reliably shape how things go. I have found that maybe 1 in 2000 players have what it takes to proactively work on a guild/gaming enterprise. The rest are basically animals and you have to treat them that way to get what you want out of them :)

• 1 year later...