Situation repeating itself

Ajax

Just checking in to give my thoughts on the twinking situation on Sunwell.

I played a few games and looked around a bit to see what was up. Seems that cross-faction has not been implemented (and may not be possible, let's face it) but the 79 bracket has (all too predictably) turned into the shitshow that it was before twinks got separated. In fact it's as if we just returned to 4 months ago.

There are many twinks on alliance side (of course there are, they've been hibernating all this time, while all horde twinks levelled up) and many useless afkers on horde side, just as before (and almost zero twinks). There are twinks on alliance side spamming 38 wins a day (devant, him again) as before. We are back to a 95% alliance win ratio. How long can this situation last?

I will certainly not be returning to the server, especially with the very high likelihood that twinks will get shut down again. There's zero point putting any investment time in with this probability looming.

I guess my question is, is there anyone willing to do anything about it and save twinking on sunwell? Or are you going to force the admins' hands again? My question is directed at the alliance twinks. You have been given a second chance to rescue twinking on this server. What's your plan?

Edited by Ajax
  • Dislike 2

9 hours ago, Ajax said:

I will certainly not be returning to the server

Why do you care then?

9 hours ago, Ajax said:

is there anyone willing to do anything about it and save twinking on sunwell? Or are you going to force the admins' hands again? My question is directed at the alliance twinks. You have been given a second chance to rescue twinking on this server. What's your plan?

Why should the alliance solve the horde problem?

• Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, Aranae said:

Why do you care then?

Why should the alliance solve the horde problem?

I'm just curious whether ally twinks are so dumb they're willing to repeat the exact situation that happened last time and risk killing twinking on sunwell immediately after it had been returned.

I don't think it's a horde problem, I think it's *your* problem if you don't want twinking shut down.

I am very happy that some people who have not been here for a long months are interested in the situation, but it would be nice if they ask first hand how things going and looks, instead of unnecessarily resolving the affair with a problem that does not exist.

I wrote to you privately, so I am highly invite you to talk about cross-faction battleground system on PM - that we are expecting to come in a short time - after the first (unfortunately unsuccessful) attempt to implement on live realm.

Edited by Marianekgrzyb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hello.

Like it was mentioned here, unfortunately we had to revert crossfaction change, because it was causing not only crashes, but also few other issues, we would have to fix them first before enabling it again. After disabling crossfaction we've decided to leave leveling players and twink queues connected to see if situation changed in any way - sadly it seems even worse than it was before. Seems like most players creating twinks in alliance care only about easy/fast wins, easy HK, not about "healthy competition".

You have to realise how this game is designed - you need TWO TEAMS - Alliance AND Horde in order to play battlegrounds. By creating twinks only in Alliance "because it wins more", "because it does have more twinks" and encouraging other players to create more twinks in Alliance, instead of doing Horde twinks - you're just hurting YOURSELF and everyone else who would like to play BALANCED battlegrounds in 70-79 bracket.

obraz.png.d177a234159c40e1f2a4af29c55b61d7.png

That's how 70-79 bracket looks right now, at the moment when i'm writing this post. I hope that you can see and understand that it's not normal, it's a huge problem, there's 0 balance right now in this bracket.

On 4/17/2020 at 3:21 PM, Ajax said:

I don't think it's a horde problem, I think it's *your* problem if you don't want twinking shut down.

Sorry but looks like Ajax was right about it. We have to separate leveling players and twink queues again, as we can't allow to situation like this keep going on. We still plan to enable crossfaction WHEN it will be working properly. Unfortunately it's not developers priority right now, as there are performance issues when there's high online, which is way more important and they are focused on that.

Best regards

• Like it! 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Bravo! 1

Because i don't want to write back to the persons above that both makes me disgusted - I just want to add one and important thing that was not mentioned. 

It has been forgotten to add that we have privately and quietly asked GMs through various social sites - TO SEPARATE US AGAIN UNTIL CROSS FACTION INTRODUCTION - because even a child was able to predict how things will go.

Cross faction had to equalize five times smaller hordes 70s community then, and now the total lack of it. Just like we have tested, we were able to play completely balanced games in 50:50 of us in each team.

Because our requests - for reseparation until cross - was immidiately ignored, and now turned into a counter against us - this only shows how some individuals of the admins are once again shitting on their players.

I was also able to convince 95% of my guild to stop or to limit their daily plays in that dumb situation with success, but paracites like bialas who with full consciousness thanked GMs in tickets for that he can again 'farm graveyards' they should not have any rights to speak right now.

You had two opportunities to rectify the situation. The first in December - creating an opportunity for transfers for those many interested so that they remain in twinks in the horde. The second situation - in February, when you could successfully implement the cross faction script ready from the internet (because there is so many of that).

Fighting windmills is not for me. I just want to thank @Doremi and few GMs for remaining kind to us on the way to return BGs to normality. It is a pity that this time for various reasons will be soon a half of year of waiting.

Edited by Marianekgrzyb
  • Like it! 1

Separation twinks on this realm it's nothing more than blocking. It's impossible to log in 5x+ twinks in horde and ally and que bg at this same time.

From the last two realmists (angathar,frosthold) more players Horde preferred exp to 80 and play PvE. There is no good guild PvP If someone looking for raid for "PRE BG" or "For The Horde" It's only pug raid compared to Alliance there are some good guilds PvP, I see many good Players there who always together play bg's. Alliance dominates in the numer of twinks on 69 and 79 yes cause a lot of them start here from exp twink when horde go up to 80. 1.5 months after start frosthold GM separate twinks and now in last week when he unlock it I Have seen in Horde 3-4 ppl who stop level on 69 and farm items. I think balance with fraction could improve but Admin block it this "separation" 

Many PPL on 80 Lvl are bored cause have all what need on this content and looking something other than twink games. PPL no wanna exp twinks if don't see BG's I miss good times Feronis where balance was 100% equal and on BG fought 8vs8 twinks and Admins didn't block twinks when any green joined BG and cried if he was killed for 2 hits 

I also did now twink on lvl 69 in horde but today I open wow and got information about re-separation twinks - Thank You Admin for my wasted time

• Like it! 1

Blocking twinking is not a solution. Free transfers, crossfaction, maybe some bonuses for leveling horde, anything. Anything would be better. 

Many of 78-79 alliance PvP players aren't even ""twinks"". People stop exp just to get honor for lvl80 PvP items. Any lvl78 with rich main can easily afford crafted set with resilience, rings, gems, enchants and so on. They don't have to stop experience to pwn everyone, just .xp 1 on lvl78, forget about quests and queue BG only.

And what about those who have fun on lvl70? They had stopped exp, yes, but you literally forbid them fighting against higher level foes on battlegrounds. Sounds a bit retarded, isn't it?

I don't deny balance problem. But! When you blame us, do you REALLY think we enjoy boring games with no challenge, no emotions? What can we do if the horde doesn't want to create any twink guild, and the only one existed had deserted? And even if the horde will make 10+ twinks, how do you imagine AV week with separated queues? Do you suggest us to abandon all our efforts and start opposite faction character instead of transfering the existing one... just because the horde is lazy? Seriously? 

''People stop exp just to get honor for lvl80 PvP items'' - and then they step into 80's bracket and getting curious, crying why Alliance are So bad at bg's even that farmed honor doesnt help... Twinks are RIP on this server because twinks itself do it to themselves 

On 4/28/2020 at 6:44 AM, Aranae said:

Blocking twinking is not a solution. Free transfers, crossfaction, maybe some bonuses for leveling horde, anything. Anything would be better. 

Many of 78-79 alliance PvP players aren't even ""twinks"". People stop exp just to get honor for lvl80 PvP items. Any lvl78 with rich main can easily afford crafted set with resilience, rings, gems, enchants and so on. They don't have to stop experience to pwn everyone, just .xp 1 on lvl78, forget about quests and queue BG only.

And what about those who have fun on lvl70? They had stopped exp, yes, but you literally forbid them fighting against higher level foes on battlegrounds. Sounds a bit retarded, isn't it?

I don't deny balance problem. But! When you blame us, do you REALLY think we enjoy boring games with no challenge, no emotions? What can we do if the horde doesn't want to create any twink guild, and the only one existed had deserted? And even if the horde will make 10+ twinks, how do you imagine AV week with separated queues? Do you suggest us to abandon all our efforts and start opposite faction character instead of transfering the existing one... just because the horde is lazy? Seriously? 

LMAO. Guess it's no longer a "horde problem" now. Hilarious stuff. You made the bed you're lying in.

30 minutes ago, Ajax said:

LMAO. Guess it's no longer a "horde problem" now. Hilarious stuff. You made the bed you're lying in.

Horde problem still. The game is relatively fair, and if you understand the idea of PvP, you can't blame an opposite team on better teamplay, better gear. There is no p2w, and if you invest your time and gold to get better, you deserve the advantage. You and most horde twinks had abandoned their faction/server, and you blame us? Sounds like a trolling attempt. Go, express your complaints to Dzika Banda. Together you could bring that fabulous "healthy competition" with separated queues to reality.

Now we face unreasonable decision by Sunwell administration again. Trying to help one group of players via infringement of another. Great. I hope it makes you happy when you playing on no matter what server.

30 minutes ago, Aranae said:

Horde problem still. The game is relatively fair, and if you understand the idea of PvP, you can't blame an opposite team on better teamplay, better gear. There is no p2w, and if you invest your time and gold to get better, you deserve the advantage.

When we had twinks v twinks battlegrounds for the week or so they lasted, horde won about 90% of them. That's when things were "fair". Blowing up standing targets of level 71 with large groups of twinks is not.

There is no p2w, and if you invest your time and gold to get better, you deserve the advantage. 

So wait, you're saying you "deserve" to steamroll level 71 afk 5k health mages who stand still at the graveyard and don't move? This is some reward for your hard work? Huh?

You had no problem with this happening, over and over, all day, all night. I told you twinks would get shut down if it continued, you ignored me. Twinks then got shut down (as I predicted), And now I see you on this thread bellyaching about it. Seems pretty funny to me.

Just think: all that "time" and "gold" you invested. To stand around in Stormwind :)

You and most horde twinks had abandoned their faction/server, and you blame us?

So I was doing my best to help the horde, and not wishing to blow my own trumpet, think I did more than anyone else to help the horde win at least some games. The reason those incredibly skewed battleground stats weren't even more skewed was thanks in large part to me and some of my friends. I actively recruited twinks (many of whom were new to twinking, so needed lots of guidance) and I personally got more wins than any other horde player. All against the tide.

When twinks got shut down (which I warned everyone would happen, and nobody listened to me) I returned to the other server, which I won't name. And I'm enjoying myself just fine there, with fairly balanced battlegrounds with twinks on both sides. I actually preferred Sunwell as a server, for various reasons, so it's a pity to me that twinking died here. But I can honestly say I did my best to prevent that from happening.

But you - well you did what you did, you acted dumb and ruined this server, along with your hundreds of twink friends who spammed battlegrounds for sometimes 40-50 wins a day. Ruining all the levellers' battleground experiences and ensuring that the complaints mounted up and the bracket got shut down.

I'm not going to invest any more time in a server in which twinking is dead. It's up to the twinks who are here to make it work, if that's what you actually want. But it seems that's not what you want. What you want is to wreck levellers. With all twinks on one side and no twinks on the other. I don't get the fun in that, and neither did the Sunwell admins it seems.

I can understand being upset at the Sunwell admins the first time it happened. But not the second. You had ample time to reflect on what went wrong and not repeat it. But I guess you were incapable.

Also, just to point out something really obvious, but you don't seem to get, with your "horde" and "alliance" designations. There is no "horde" and "alliance". There are people. And those people who twink are a small community. And if that twink community all chooses to roll one faction to bully levellers, then that's a choice those people have made collectively. A choice they could have chosen not to do. This situation wasn't horde v alliance where horde needed to get their shit together. This was all twinks choosing to roll one faction, because they all know each other. And then actively recruiting more and more twinks in spite of the absence of twinks on the oppositon. This isn't a random event by chance. This was engineered. And it was stupid.

Go, express your complaints to Dzika Banda.

Why would I complain at Dzika Banda? They were the few Polish twinks with some honour that didn't find it fun to grind levellers into the dust all day every day. I respect Funpack, Newcure and co for doing what they did. I have a lot more respect for them than for you.

Now we face unreasonable decision by Sunwell administration again. Trying to help one group of players via infringement of another. Great. I hope it makes you happy when you playing on no matter what server.

As I said before. I'm content on the other server. I'll continue playing there and will be an interested outside observer of what happens here. And yes, it's pretty amusing. At this point I have zero sympathy for your plight. Especially as a few weeks ago, when you were grinding levellers into the dust, you said it was a "horde problem". Well it's definitely your problem now.

Edited by Ajax

24 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Blowing up standing targets of level 71 with large groups of twinks is not.

Large groups of twinks? Sorry, but I didn't see any. Just a few twinks queueing solo from time to time. Most of lvl79 ally players I've seen there are now 80.
Maybe... just maybe, you have to play on the server you're talking about to see things clearly? Though if a person prefers to be angry at his own imagination, who am I to stop him?..

39 minutes ago, Ajax said:

So wait, you're saying you "deserve" to steamroll level 71 afk 5k health mages who stand still at the graveyard and don't move? This is some reward for your hard work? Huh?

Your imaginary mage has betrayed his comrades instead of leaving and making room for someone else. He isn't smart enough to move from graveyard in a spirit form! LITERALLY FREE HONOR.
Jk. But if he queues as lvl71 caster, he should be prepared to some pain anyway. And if he is choosing to do so again and again, everything is fine with him. 

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

Just think: all that "time" and "gold" you invested. To stand around in Stormwind :)

Hmm? No time for standing in Stormwind, mate. I still need reputations, gear, transmog. I enjoy tbc raiding and fighting vs 80s in the world. Also, don't forget about WG.

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

Also, just to point out something really obvious, but you don't seem to get, with your "horde" and "alliance" designations. There is no "horde" and "alliance". There are people.

Obvious, indeed. By alliance I mean "current Frosthold players on the alliance side". Very simple.

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

Why would I complain at Dzika Banda? They were the few Polish twinks with some honour that didn't find it fun to grind levellers into the dust all day every day.

Exactly what they did on Angrathar. With a premade.

Marianekgrzyb even asked his guild succumb to the horde:

On 4/27/2020 at 5:49 PM, Marianekgrzyb said:

I was also able to convince 95% of my guild to stop or to limit their daily plays

The alliance makes concessions up to guild kick for graveyard camping on BGs, but it's not enough for you... XD

(I just wonder what are 19 and 69 twinks guilty of, since they're also blocked just because of 70-79 situation)