Sunwell Project

Battlegrounds: Problem, Psychology, Solution

all those horde fanatic fanboys itt so terrified at the thought that the Alliance could get some significant buff to curb the hordes dominance and their pvp guilds composed of nolife psychopaths who farms bg 24/24 with 100% win ratio without any resistance, beacuse noone good is playing in ally, every pvp player went to horde just to farm ally, to ruin the balance and enjoy crushing alliance and to disgust their game experience

• 3 weeks later...

All depends from lucky you don't choose the team sometimes in horde will 5ppl greens and sometimes in ally

In Alliance are PvP guilds there are more party for Pre BG's but not all day!

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 2:47 PM, Yiy said:

people after just a few seconds saying "That's gonna be another lose like always" or "Let's lose fast, let them win".

I see everyday comments on bg chat "Let them win" - this leads to a loss

To people who say that - just leave from bg and give the place to other player who can do it something better than you!

• Like it! 2

Honestly, it's difficult to don't have a "Let them win" mentality when you have an enemy premade in front steamrolling you team or when the difference in gear is such than the enemy's healer's health is higher than any of your plate's users teammates.

TBH, only a few BG I played last days have some kind of "balance". The rest are stomps in one way or the other, with independence of the faction.

Edited by Rhaemyr

Well, i've made alliance char as well to compare the situation, and BG's were a little better, but it was just a little change, atleast on 80. Last week where twinks could play again it was massive honor getting fest for alliance, but again situation back to normal. 

So.. it's not about fraction you play, its all about PREMADES. Random BG's are now so unballanced cause of that. Also many people join BG with 1,7GS, there should be some lock like on dungeons where you can join to BG only with 2,5GS atleast.

It doesn't matter, because premades tend to go full arena, so even if you go full hateful + off deadly you are going to be rekted anyway.

BTW, with my horde pjs I'm winning almost every BG im playing. With my alliance pjs, I'm losing almost every BG im playing.

Wait 5-6 minutes and win almost every BG you play vs almost instant queue but lose almost every BG you play. Make your choice.

Edited by Rhaemyr
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I am pretty new to the server. Started super excited seeing so many scripts working properly, so many raids and stuff going on, all very cool. I got encouraged to level different toons with different classes, professions, etc, all for the long run. I wanted to do things "well" and as I did in other servers I played, I tried to get my 78 pvp gear done (which included skilling up BS, LW and Tailoring) so I could do some BGs at 78-79 and farm honor for the PVP sets before 80. To my disappointment, I found out I cannot join BGs if I stop my XP, and only can do BGs while my toons are 70-78 ish. Of course, not locking XP means I will end up dinging 80 and will go with my shitty gear to face people in Wrathful sets. Why is this nonsense "measure" active on the server? Why would you want to kill PvP pre-80? I'm really disappointed and after asking on global it seems people are leaving, since there's no activity either on lvl 80. Also, I heard they removed requirements for progressive raids, so nobody is doing now Naxx -no EoE key, too- and rarely Ulduar. What's left? Just running RDH all day until I can get to ICC for a weekly pug? I would like to know if staff is planning on taking any care and action to make PvP enjoyable. 

On 12/14/2020 at 7:53 PM, tocino said:

Hi, I am pretty new to the server. Started super excited seeing so many scripts working properly, so many raids and stuff going on, all very cool. I got encouraged to level different toons with different classes, professions, etc, all for the long run. I wanted to do things "well" and as I did in other servers I played, I tried to get my 78 pvp gear done (which included skilling up BS, LW and Tailoring) so I could do some BGs at 78-79 and farm honor for the PVP sets before 80. To my disappointment, I found out I cannot join BGs if I stop my XP, and only can do BGs while my toons are 70-78 ish. Of course, not locking XP means I will end up dinging 80 and will go with my shitty gear to face people in Wrathful sets. Why is this nonsense "measure" active on the server? Why would you want to kill PvP pre-80? I'm really disappointed and after asking on global it seems people are leaving, since there's no activity either on lvl 80. Also, I heard they removed requirements for progressive raids, so nobody is doing now Naxx -no EoE key, too- and rarely Ulduar. What's left? Just running RDH all day until I can get to ICC for a weekly pug? I would like to know if staff is planning on taking any care and action to make PvP enjoyable. 

Hi there.

Yeah it sucks that xp off bgs were separated from xp on bgs, but it happened for a reason. 99% of "twinks" were on one faction resulting in ridiculous imbalance that made the battlegrounds unplayable and pointless (except for these twinks who spammed bgs for 5-6 hours a day some of them). Despite pleas from people like me that some of these twinks should go to the other faction to make the games more fun and balanced, it largely fell on deaf ears. So twinking died on the server and a lot of people left this for another server. I don't entirely blame the server developers, it was in large part the fault of the player-base who wanted easy wins rather than competitive games.