Mage PvE Guide (Arcane & Fire raiding) + Best in Slot lists T07-T10

Vaxsysl

Question regarding arcane blast stacks:

'Each time you cast arcane blast, the damage of all arcane spells is increased by 15% and mana cost of arcane blast is increased by 175%'.

Is the base damage of arcane spells increased by 15% or is the total damage output once spell power has been calculated increased by 15%?

If base damage is increased it would look like this: the base damage of arcane blast is 1256-1460. With one stack of AB the base damage would be modified to 1679=1460x1.15.

If the damage output is increased it would look like this: arcane blast hits the mob for 7000 with 2000 spell power and no arcane blast debuff. With one stack of AB it hits the mob for 8050=7000x1.15. 

Sorry for the late reply @Hyaerk, I wasn't available.

To be honest with you, I have no idea. I really don't know for certain, I have to admit that I never bothered to delve into that since the information is not distinct. Blizzard was never clear in explanations of base damage or modified damage, with only few exceptions. By my guess its the standard one, taken into account after all the bonuses, since the damage of Arcane spells is increased by 15%, its not per a single spell. So by my guess it's the modified one, but I really don't know for certain. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there @Sash. There's little use for such lists as you're generally gearing up and your gear can look very differently depending what other items you have from previous tier. But if you're not doing hardmodes but are doing OS25 3d and EoE on regular basis, you aim for Brood + Scale trinket setup, EoE neck quest, OS cloak (and wrist is good-ish too), T8(4) set and the rest depends on which items you already have. Sash of Ancient Power (Ulduar crafted haste+hit belt) is nifty to have unless you already have Dying Curse or other items with hit. Auriya's weapon is your best 1h weapon from any non-hardmode. Your main concern is optimizing hit - mentioned neck, belt, OH and feet from XT - and Dying Curse. You optimize on the go.

12 hours ago, The Altoholic said:

I came here expecting to find a class guide, instead I found a class god.

That comment made my day, you posted just before I was leaving for work. Thank you! ☺️
You should find everything you need here. It's all there for you to devour!

• 1 month later...

@MaRoky Are you sure you're replying to a correct topic?

Whichoever addons you are trying to use, download addons for WotLK, make sure you have the right version. Regardless, I suggest you to use ACP; Addon Control Panel addon.

Edited by Vaxsysl
Tag.

I updated the link to google drive so you can look it up with viewer rights straight out. If the link doesn't work for you send me email or request viewing rights.

Cheers folks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 5:09 PM, Vaxsysl said:

I updated the link to google drive so you can look it up with viewer rights straight out. If the link doesn't work for you send me email or request viewing rights.

does anything to be clicked or is it just automatically show?