Sign in to follow this  
Tianyacn

save sunwell

Tianyacn    0

I am a Chinese player. I came to Sunwell in early March and spent a lot of time on it, although I already need to spend a lot of time on family life. But I'm disappointed now because there are fewer and fewer players on the server.
When I first came here, there were about 300 hordes per day on average, and about 500 hordes during peak hours, which I think is a good number. AH also has many people on sale. The whole is good.
But in April, the number of people fell sharply. Until today, the server time between 8:00 and 13:00 is basically less than 100 people online, no one speaks on the global channel, no one LFG,no one run dungeon, not to mention the poor PVP, which is very sad, the game is difficult to carry on.
I don't want to leave a dedicated server so soon, and I don't want to abandon my friends here. So I think I can start this topic and maybe help developers think about it. Although maybe what I said may be nonsense.
1. Let the server start X3 or X5 exp for 1-70
I think at this stage, there are new players, new Chinese players joining the honder, I will take the initiative to send some bags to help them integrate into the game as soon as possible, but I think this is not enough, I think most TBC players should be around 30 years old, maybe not have so much time to leveling, as soon as possible let them lv max, and then RAID, I think this is the case. It's very important to talk about this stage in another way, which can also attract players who can't stand X1 exp blizzardlike.
2. Gift when player Lv max
I think we can consider giving some gifts to Lv max players, maybe mount? Pets? Bags? Or whatever, at least to encourage people to participate in RAID, or a comfort.
3. Learn Netherwing to balance Horde and Alliance players
Maybe you can learn from the Netherwing server's method of balancing the number of players to ensure that Horde and Alliance players have PVP to play, rather than endless queues, or no player at all to PVP. (Since there is no PVP so far, I don't know if there is BUG in PVP.)
4.fixed bugs
I think there are still a lot of bugs in this server. Monsters go through the walls most, quests can't be completed, mission props can't be used, and so on. In particular, bugs in dungeon have a special impact on game experience.
5. Can we consider sharing an AH between Horde and alliance?
If Horde and alliance share an AH, they can increase the circulation of goods and stimulate the prosperity of the game market. Most Chinese servers will be set up in this way.
These are my personal opinions. Maybe developers have their own ideas, but I really can't bear to see Sunwell fall like this. After all, I have also worked hard and had very good friends. A Chinese player met a group of American friends through Sunwell. Sunwell is our communication platform. If I really lost it, I really feel very sad.
Okay, just write that. I hope Sunwell will be able to recover and have more friends join Sunwell. Be it so.

Tomcat    20

well... :D

image.png.ee2ffe78157f941f43e7dca7e57ea114.png

data for GMT+1 like you see its going down.

Tianyacn :) Im afraid you can do nothing about it.

BTW. you are seyin "most TBC players are like 30+ YO atm" - true, and they "dont have time to 1x blizzlike exp rate" well... so why Netherwing have like 4K+ players now? compering to Nightbane's (only) 150?

Edited by Tomcat

Tianyacn    0
6 hours ago, Tomcat said:

well... :D

image.png.ee2ffe78157f941f43e7dca7e57ea114.png

data for GMT+1 like you see its going down.

Tianyacn :) Im afraid you can do nothing about it.

BTW. you are seyin "most TBC players are like 30+ YO atm" - true, and they "dont have time to 1x blizzlike exp rate" well... so why Netherwing have like 4K+ players now? compering to Nightbane's (only) 150?

To be honest, I don't know if netherwing's current online population will drop dramatically in the next 1-2 months, but at least I can't stick to leveling on X1 exp servers myself.

Tomcat    20
15 hours ago, Tianyacn said:

To be honest, I don't know if netherwing's current online population will drop dramatically in the next 1-2 months, but at least I can't stick to leveling on X1 exp servers myself.

im just sein its not about exp rate, its about:

• how the server works in first place (no bugs ect.),
  • how GM responds to players,
  • how long players have to w8t for GM action in game/forum/discord,
  • what is server advertissement strategy (social media, adds ect.),
  • and many other things.

all of this have great impact on server reputation/hype.

BTW. About NW - there is a bit diferent politics. I assume... hmm... players there realy don't push AFAP to max lvl like most TBC players do (including myself) -> "coz only on max lvl game counts". I spoke with my friend who is playing there, he told me "lvling on NW is also fun, and part of the game, his already playing there for 2 months and have only 20 lvl character, he realy do not rush" - i know... wird right? :D 

Back to the main subject - im just seyin bigger exp rate in Sunwell wont fix this, even if you will make instant 70.

Edited by Tomcat

davekoznicki    21

You have right @Tomcat but see no one care? except some players....    it hurts play here at nightbane from start, now only angrathar left and now i have bad feeling angrathar  started get lack information from staff.

OldTimer    0

The server is dead.

There are only a few guilds playing and they do plan on playing,cuz they can't afford to create new characters and spend loads of time again on a new server.

There is no competition PvE or PvP wise.so the server is like Role playing when you log in,kill a few bosses with your guild mates and then log out.There is nothing else to do.

kohyb    10

Well, I went to check the server just for fun and population at 85 players online. That was kinda expected... I played here at the start and hunter / druid was broken (pet quest, energy regeneration in cat, crit in beast form and so on... not to mention login issues). So I was thinking I will give developers 2 weeks and try again. It wasnt much better. Friend did lvl 70 on warr and was shoving me how charge is broken and few other spell. Karazan was a mess (boss dying at 20 or 30 percent of health, chess not working for example).

I dont know how scripts are working now, but server killed itself in first month of bugfest. There is NO SAVING at this point...

OldTimer    0
On 5/7/2019 at 6:21 PM, kohyb said:

Well, I went to check the server just for fun and population at 85 players online. That was kinda expected... I played here at the start and hunter / druid was broken (pet quest, energy regeneration in cat, crit in beast form and so on... not to mention login issues). So I was thinking I will give developers 2 weeks and try again. It wasnt much better. Friend did lvl 70 on warr and was shoving me how charge is broken and few other spell. Karazan was a mess (boss dying at 20 or 30 percent of health, chess not working for example).

I dont know how scripts are working now, but server killed itself in first month of bugfest. There is NO SAVING at this point...

They did some work and some boss fights were actually nice,but overall scripting is nothing compared to Netherwing.It just can't compare,which makes me think that developers never inteded for this server to last.

infero    0

Same for me, i really feel bad for this server. The hype was just fucking real, server starts with 8000 players, but week after week the population start to decrease due to bugs, competition and the biggest issue PvP. In my oppinion they wasnt able to find a good balance in pvp, there were many bg`s with 10 hordes vs 2 ally and that start to ruined the server.

Slave    2

What Sunwell Crew are doing to save the realm? They are turning off players online counter from website :D That's how good team should work! GJ

Edited by Slave
  • Like it! 2

OldTimer    0

These is what you had to do Sunwell crew.....

1)Really work on your scripting!(That's the most important point)

2)Make dual spec from the beggining

3)Make leveling not hard after 1-2 month of Server life(x5 for example)

4)Do some ladder theme page where people can see PvE and PvP progress on your server!

5)OPEN CONTENT SOONER(So guild like whashed up won't leave you,cuz there is nothing else to do!)

That's it.I guess that was 2 hard to do.

Deadwood    21

On 5/14/2019 at 5:09 PM, OldTimer said:

4)Do some ladder theme page where people can see PvE and PvP progress on your server!

@OldTimer Done

Check it: http://deadwood.pl/ranking/80 :)

26,046 players at 80lvl. This is this pvp ladder what you need :P

Little laggy because of scrapping sunwell`s page and client side pagitaion

I thought why updating my ranking takes a lot of time. Oh god becouse im scraping whole server xD. Even with Feronis and Nightbane

http://deadwood.pl/ranking-Feronis/80

http://deadwood.pl/ranking-Nightbane/70

http://deadwood.pl/ranking-Feronis/79

If you want i can add arena ratings... At the beginng this website was for twinks

PS. Links are broken for other realms Edit: fixed

Edited by Deadwood