Sign in to follow this  
Graal

Mount Hyjal / New Season Launch!

Graal    121

Hi there!
New content is up with pack of new features to make your play more amazing!

• Honor Boost x2 is up! It will end on 20.04 at 10pm GMT+2
  • New PvP Season has launched!
  • Records for boss killing are added!
  • Location available with new quests and items - Ogri'la!
  • Training Dummies in the capital cities.
  • 2.1 Profession Items! Full list is here
  • Call to Arms quests will change a bit:
    - It will award additional 50 Arena Points during Honor Event! After 20.04 it will grant with 25 Arena Points permanently.
    - Quests will also provide +3 Battleground Marks of Honor for every Battleground, except the one directly involved with the quest.
  • Players joining other battlegrounds than Alterac Valley will no longer be kicked from AV queue.
  • Dual Spec makes its way to the Horde and it's gonna cost 500 Gold!
  • Dual Spec will be also available in the Shop for 100 Nightbane Coins for both factions.
  • Players who AFK on Battlegrounds will be kicked from it after 1 minute of absence (they require 2 afk reports)
  • Mount Hyjal will be available today later (19:00 CEST).
  • Mount Hyjal is buffed slightly, and our devs have worked to ensure it’s our best release on Nightbane yet.
  • Karazhan Attunement got removed! You don't have to obtain The Master's Key to enter the instance.

Hyjal Boost:
All of the hostile creatures have basic damage and health increased. However, many of them have also spells modified so I will point them below.

Trash:

• Shadowy Necromancer
    - Shadow Bolt: 4.5-5.5k
  • Abomination
    - Disease Cloud: 1.5-2k
  • Banshee 17905
    - Banshee Wail: 3-4.5k
  • Gargoyle
    - Gargoyle Strike: 2-3k
  • Frost Wyrm
    - Frost Breath: 6-9k
  • Giant Infernal
    - Immolation Aura: 1k
  • Felhunter
    - Mana Burn: 3-4k mana burned and 50% of mana burned turned into damage

Bosses:

• Rage Winterchill
    - Frostbolt: 9k direct, 3k/s
    - Frost Nova: ~5k dmg
    - Death and Decay: 25% hp per tick
    - Frost Armor: +5k armor
  • Anetheron
    - Sleep: 5 targets
    - Carrion Swarm: 6.5-7.5k
  • Towering Infernal
    - Immolation: 4-5k per tick
  • Kaz'rogal
    - Mark of Kaz'rogal: ~12-13k damage
    - War Stomp: 9k dmg
  • Azgarol
    - Doom: cooldown reduced to 35 seconds
  • Archimonde
    - Doomfire: cooldown reduced to 15 seconds
    - Fear: cooldown reduced to 30 seconds
    - Soul Charge (Priest, Mage, Warlock) damage set to 6k damage + 6s silence
    - Soul Charge (Warrior, Rogue, Paladin) damage set to 6k damage +6s debuff
    - Soul Charge (Druids, Shamans, Hunters) damage set to 6k damage +2.5k mana burned

Pre-nerf value of reputation gains:

• Skeleton Invader, Skeleton Mage, Towering Infernal, Lesser Doomguard - 0 reputation
  • Ghoul, Crypt Fiend, Shadowy Necromancer, Gargoyle - 2 reputation
  • Abomination, Banshee, Giant Infernal, Felhunter - 3 reputation
  • Frost Wyrm - 15 reputation
  • Rage Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgarol - 200 reputation
  • Archimonde - 500 reputation

Rest of 2.1 content will be implemented with The Black Temple release really soon :)

Kind Regards and enjoy,
Sunwell Staff

• Like it! 3

Jrti    0

" Karazhan Attunement got removed! You don't have to obtain The Master's Key to enter the instance. " ... oO ...

I have a bad feeling about this - convenience was the downfall of all the later+current wow expansions. I just started a little more then 2 weeks ago on this server because I loved the idea of unnerfed content+attunements which are one of THEE reasons to play TBC. Even that you leave the requiered reputations on reverred (instead honored) to get the keys for the heroic instances is a really good thing. But Kara without attunement? Hm ... I am highly convinced that you have to proof yourself worthy to get to the raiding. Do you want to remove the other attunements for SSC/TK/MH/BT as well when Quel'Danas & Sunwell is out? Or how is it planned? I know, it is "just" Karazhan, but still people need to be geared, i don't like seeing people with pure leveling greens without enchantments and everything. Think about it please.

I think if you want a longlasting server population you keep all of the required attunements, so everybody has to do the whole process - if not you will have dead instances. Everybody will just hang out in Sunwell (in 2020) and thats it (maybe some BT+MH). If there is fewer things to do the game becomes boring faster for many players, I guarantee that many players will leave faster than you believe right now. Please think about it.

I know that in original TBC all of the attunements were removed during the patches, but since you already changed what you thought was better for progression (Hyjal released in a later patch instead right from the start + S2) i think you should keep the attunement-questchain for Kara.

I am not here to complain about anything, the server is "not dead" like some guys write in the global channel from time to time. A stable rather "smaller" population is more worth then a big anonymous server I think. What do you think about it?

Yours, Jrti

Edited by Jrti

nimeralos    68
3 hours ago, Jrti said:

I think if you want a longlasting server population you keep all of the required attunements, so everybody has to do the whole process - if not you will have dead instances.

I guess they think that Kara attunement discourages more fresh 70's than attracts. Maybe they're right. I'm level 60 currently, 've been looking forward to do all the preraid grind, but maybe I'll change my mind when I realize how long it is, and will actually thank them for removing one step.

I must still point out that it's very unBlizzlike! https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/The_Master's_Key