Sign in to follow this  
OldTimer

Server is almost dead

OldTimer    0

I can see that there is another topic below just like this one,but I still wanna create a new thread.

I really had high hopes for this server when it launched.The population was Crazy and many of my friends including me were really looking forward to play on Nightbane.I remember clearly 5-6k online and even more and I thought:"Ok,I know that this number is gonna drop a bit later but if it stays around 3k+ that would be epic".

As time passed by,I saw that online droped around 3500k+ then 3000+ then 2500.....2000.....and now it's not more then 1100-1300 in prime EU time.All that happend really really fast!

I am sure that this server is not gonna survive till BT opens it's doors.Well,there might be 500-600 players which are gonna raid with there guilds and even they are gonna drop out eventually,cuz of the really poor work done by developers!

I've cleared all content except Kel and the number of bugs I've seen during all those boss encounters is crazy!Some are minor and you can actually skip them,but some are soooo major that you feel like you are playing against the server,not against the Boss.We were sending tickets,asking to fix different bosses but in reality there was so little work that was done,that it became clear that those in charge don't wanna make this server "great again".

So,what do we have here??

1.PvE-many encounters are not working as they suppose 2 and I can't even imagin how broken Hyjal is gonna be....

2.PvP is dead.It's just unreal to play normal PvP on this server(due to population and idiotic 50g respect every single time).Arena got like 10-15 teams and I've played against the same team for more then 2h hours ones,which was hilarious!The only time I've actually enjoed bgs was during AV weekend.Somehow people were playing 40vs40 all day.

3.There is almost 0 communication between developers/admins and gamers.Manye topics on forum unanswered and it really feels like they don't really care about there players at all(money are already made here)

4.RAPID DROP OF POPULATION -Which is one of the major signs to me that this server is not gonna servive if nothing MAJOR is done(like insta level 70 or x10 boosts or whatever it takes to actually make people create new accounts here).

All of that without loads of working on scripting is pointless tho.It's such a shame that I've invested soo much time into my character and was looking forward to play here till Sunwell,but there is no way this server is gonna survive that long.

Atlantis crew done a great job by actually working on there scripting which is 10x better then here and mobs actually use spells there are suppose to+items are much weaker and content is much harder there.You can clearly see that normal population there is like 3500-4500 which is 3x 4x times bigger then here,becuase people are gonna play and stay where developers are actually putting work into there project.

Have a good day

Rogueboy    0

I personlay also feel lied.. idk i watched so many dungeons on stream bevor releasin nightbane..

the pathing and everything looked rly good.. also questing experience wasnt that bad.. beside the pathing when u interupted an npc´s spell for example.. 

wich was curious not the same like on the videos before..

then the first Kara raid and i thought like:  WTF this isnt the server wich was shown on the youtube vids/streams before launch.#

also just ignorin all the players just makes me mad :(

SO..

i just rly hope u didnt make that much money with your shitshow.. because u just didnt deserve it.

magnos1234    0

we did every id full T5 and pls write me which bugs are You found on encounters ?

i am waiting

PS. or maybe are YOu one of those ppl who talking about bugs when server was released?

Edited by magnos1234

OldTimer    0
On 4/3/2019 at 3:39 PM, magnos1234 said:

we did every id full T5 and pls write me which bugs are You found on encounters ?

i am waiting

PS. or maybe are YOu one of those ppl who talking about bugs when server was released?

Noone is talking about the time when the server was released.I've just completed all content as well.   

Are you saying you did not encounter any bugs during your progression?LOL

What about 

1.Leotheras the Blind who was bugged a really long time and was just sitting at one place after it split with it's shadow?

2.Lady Vashj water elementals walking underground and bugged striders?( Lady Vashj was bugged for some time and there is a video on this forum about it).Many guilds cleared it with that bug.

3.Mobs in TK-almost constantly dispelling each other through the walls(those mobs at the begining?)

4.Mobs in BF(heroic) in the end of the dungeon 1 shooting anyone(when they turn and look at you)???

and overall scripting is really lacking compared to Atlantis,maybe that's why there is 3600k players online right now there and on Sunwell 1200?

PvP scene is dead and been dead for some time(not sure if you do PvP,but you can ask anyone who does it).

Let's see how Hyjal is gonna work when it's released.

If you can't see that the server is dying and population has droped rapidly then maybe you are one of those people who are just blind to everything that's been happing on this server.

p.s The reason why you are implaying that you did not see any bugs is because you probably don't know how a specific encounter is suppose to work correctly.

Kardes    0

I agree with ur arguments. My guild is doing SSC now and we’re going for TK soon. Same thing for me when I was doing Karazhan for the first time. For example this stupid long table before Moroes. They fixed it already but it was so long. I think that the big problem is about xp rates I mean 55-70 also this stupid exp events when they giving u 2x 55-70 and the xp boost for money is really expensive. 90% of players at private TBC servers are done this shitty questing about 100000x already. I want this server to be alive because im tired of changing all the time. Devs talk with players please. 

Shurf    0

I was at Kael last night and noticed that melees can break the pyroblast cast even when Kael in his absorbing sheild, isnt thats a bug? As i remember important part of encounter is to break that sheild and only after that u can interrupt cast, otherway tank going to die, huh?

please make this realm an rp realm! There is no private rp server over internet (probable at all). If u would comercial it like u did while opening it, nightbane would draw many players, but the difference would be: they would stay for longer time. ;*

Edited by Deadinside88
grammar

Tomcat    22

the most frustrating thing on this subject is: NO ANSWER FROM THE CREW!

we have like 2 topick at this point. Started more then a week ago... and in non of them we had any kind of respond. WTF... but for real... WTF?! you guys act like you dont care.

- oh... well... so be it.

@all-players: "see ya in NW guys?"

• Like it! 1

Slave    2

Because they don't give AF about this. This server were supposed to be just a cashgrab for them, nothing else.

Edited by Slave

Direction    33

I'm gonna try to answer these to the best of my ability, if I skip something its probably because I personally don't know.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:51 AM, OldTimer said:

3.There is almost 0 communication between developers/admins and gamers.Manye topics on forum unanswered and it really feels like they don't really care about there players at all(money are already made here)

Devs have always been more behind the scenes. Within the team its always been seen as GMs should be out in the forefront. With discord being more convenient for myself I've definitely preferred it over the forums, sorry about that.

On 4/8/2019 at 4:57 AM, Deadinside88 said:

please make this realm an rp realm! There is no private rp server over internet (probable at all). If u would comercial it like u did while opening it, nightbane would draw many players, but the difference would be: they would stay for longer time. ;*

I honestly don't see us changing the realm type, but I also don't decide on changes either soooo ya 😜

On 4/8/2019 at 5:13 AM, Tomcat said:

the most frustrating thing on this subject is: NO ANSWER FROM THE CREW!

we have like 2 topick at this point. Started more then a week ago... and in non of them we had any kind of respond. WTF... but for real... WTF?! you guys act like you dont care.

I can definitely see where you're coming from and I think most of the communication break down comes from the recent staff restructuring. Some people left and others have taken their positions; most notably Cule leaving the team. Hopefully any communication issues that are currently on going will resolve themselves as we move forward. 

All I have to say about the comments claiming we don't care or its just a cash grab; remember that most of the staff is completely made up of volunteers, myself included. We also want a good private server.

OldTimer    0

Gonna just leave my last message here.

Right now Online(and this is around prime time for raids etc)

Sunwell:760

Atlantis: 3600

All i can say is-stats speak louder then any words.It's really a shame that I've invested so much time and effort into my character and was betting for this sever to be epic,but it's clearly not.

Checked bgs(same empty ques and a few arena teams).Thx for dual spec tho mods and devs!Its so great that you've added it now!:)))))

Mitarashi44    4

Same here OldTimer, this will most likely be my final post here as well. Myself and 10-12 IRL friends have slowly lost interest here due to the rapid population decline, lack of GM/Dev responses, and lack of PvP. If the creators can take anything from this, it should be to listen to your community more. These issues could have been fixed quite easily a month or two ago by simply:

-Providing dual spec earlier (since Horde refuse to que when alliance have a pvp spec to swap too)

-Fixing t4+t5 raids sooner (Vashj's elementals phasing thru the ground/still casting lightning spells in Phase 2-3, Karazhan being beyond busted initially)

-Increasing XP gain (nobody wants to join a dead server, let alone pay to catch up with boosts)

-Taking a hard stance against guilds exploiting your broken server (doom lord/world boss spawn kills after every server restart)

-Having more boots on the ground (GM responses take ages, Adrestia is the only local GM i've ever seen, and Pixi is a certified retard and banning people that aren't botting/cheating)

-Resolving dungeon bugs quickly (Heroic BF demons requiring invis pots to pass/BM is STILL bugged beyond belief - mobs will run to the final boss and then chain back if hit, and the most laughable one that is STILL currently here: 100% guaranteed critical error crash after doing BM currently. You better hope and pray that everyone is quick to roll/pass on loot after a normal or heroic BM, because your whole group will get the fatal error, and your loot + badge is gone by time you get back in)

I could honestly write a book on the short comings of this server, but it'll fall on deaf ears. The server sees an under 1k peak pop now, outside of raid log window (which is still only 1200 or so for a brief hour or two on the weekends). The sad reality is that maybe 10-15 people at most check these forums, and those that don't are finding out on their own that the server is dead. My buddies and i will be on Dragonblight until Classic, and i suggest you find a server that isn't trash too. Good luck to all of the players from Nightbane, i know there's plenty of us that put many hours into it!

• Like it! 2
  • LOL 1