Sign in to follow this  
Graal

Angrathar: Endgame

Keynn    19

Nerf first 9 bosses, then nerf quarter bosses (PP/Sindra/LK) every 1 month (Maybe even 1.5-2)

Graal: Fair enough, we'll discuss it :)

Smoogl    2

There seems to be a generally accepted consensus that when a specific (small) percentage of the population reaches a certain goal, that the remainder will suddenly lose all interest in said goal and will instead just lower their standards in some kind of apathetic shoulder-shrugging surrender. "Ah well, let's just do it all easy way and just get it over with, that way we can tell our inflated sense of self-worth that we too cleared the content". Try to think of any real life situation where this is the case and you will notice you will struggle.

This concept and its correlating response have very little fundament in terms of how human psyche works. Just the act of post-clear nerfing creates an overall reduction in people's sense of accomplishment or "worth" of a server (past, present and future). I know this isn't the first time we are walking down this road, but pretend for a second this is a marathon-race. The first runner crosses the finish line, and you start blowing your whistle. "Okay guys, congrats [insert random Ethiopian name] on winning the race. Stop the clock, for the remaining players - we have reduced your remaining running distance and you are now allowed to use bicycles. We have made it easier for you to finish the race, so everyone can reach the finish line. AREN'T WE NICE TO OUR PLAYERBASE <3" This goes against the whole philosophy of competition and diminishes the value of any past and/or future accomplishments. And for any runner still in the race it doesn't come accross as something positive, but rather as a moment of existential reflection which for some will result in a "fuck it, why even bother - when is classic coming again?"

Not even going into the fact that you start nerfing in pure chronological order, rather than applying some actual thought in terms of which bosses might warrant a nerf. But it makes this change not only fundamentally flawed, but also executed in careless fashion.

Sunwell staff are great on the micro scale. Sorting tickets, fixing broken boss events, ressing people with the 0% hp bug etc. One of the best levels of customer service I've witnessed. But the macro decision-making seems to be made on a whim, with very little reasoning other than "well this way 100% of our player-base can see 100% of the content".

Too bad 100% of 0 is still 0.

Edited by Smoogl
  • Like it! 2

Agmashgodx    0

Too rushed, also the order of nerfs (simply chronological) isn't well thought out. 

why would u nerf PP earlier than bql or sindra for example? 

bosses are fun right now, and many guilds are having great time progressing them right now in their buffed state, why would u want to become like other icc simulator servers? 

don't rush it please 

Nestum    5

Why would u even open transfers from feronis when there u could simply buy lolmourne or val'anyr from the shop for example, unless u planning to open transfers and give them basic 80 starting gear otherwise if they are allowed to come with their over geared chars u should also open transfers from other servers...

• Dislike 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

davekoznicki    17
6 hours ago, Nestum said:

Why would u even open transfers from feronis when there u could simply buy lolmourne or val'anyr from the shop for example, unless u planning to open transfers and give them basic 80 starting gear otherwise if they are allowed to come with their over geared chars u should also open transfers from other servers...

Hm  maybe you not read this topic,but  on feronis people kill lk hc 2 times and i dont think this will hurt angrathar,im sure this will help overall playerbase if many new geared 80 help guilds in progress,also  important thing , this is not transfer from anonymous realm many of angrathar players start at feronis,both realms have same staff.

For me it will only help, one think i want to know is will they need to rename chars? and it will be available to all lvls or only hm 70+?

• Confused 1
  • LOL 1

Butadiene    10

Some people say very fair things.
GMs, please dont ruin the rest of icc. At least leave BQ, PP, SIND buffed.
Yesterday I felt unfair for nerfed first wing bosses. I'll explain.
Marrowgar and Lady were not easy and these bosses required a decent raid who willing to communicate and do its best.
Top tier guilds were wipping on them literally for hours, raid leaders invented new tactics, rotate people, etc. Everything to kill bosses.
But yesterday many (even casual) guilds one shot it.
My buddy in other guild with 4/12 hc progress said me like "we killed Lady with 1 attempt, I felt no difference compare to normal" and yeah, they literally killed it without any wa/powa triggers and with not best set up.
GMs, u have time to make a finall decision. Please, dont make us feel sad :) 

• Confused 1

white0rabbit    16
1 hour ago, Butadiene said:

My buddy in other guild with 4/12 hc progress said me like "we killed Lady with 1 attempt, I felt no difference compare to normal" and yeah, they literally killed it without any wa/powa triggers and with not best set up.
GMs, u have time to make a finall decision. Please, dont make us feel sad :) 

This.

Yesterday the most casual 4/12 guilds 1shot marrow and lady. Next week thats gonna be scenario with Fester, prolly even PP. 
Fester is great the way it is now, nothing else but good old dps check. BPC is fun the way it is now (except the kinetics that are stuck in wall, pls fix). 

There already are people about to quit if this rapid pointless, unasked for, nerfing continues. Don't ruin it. ICC25hc is supposed to be challenging, not facerolled, and what we have now is good. Overnerfing will just ruin the game for guilds that look forward progressing new boss every week.

• Like it! 1

Graal    87

Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Professor Putricide and Sindragosa will keep their boosts as well. We're going to follow at PvE scene and we will lift the boost as soon as it's going to be necessary.
If you want to keep them boosted we won't argue here 💕 Theme post edited.

Best regards,
Sunwell Staff

• Thanks 1

Przemek    1
2 hours ago, Graal said:

Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Professor Putricide and Sindragosa will keep their boosts as well. We're going to follow at PvE scene and we will lift the boost as soon as it's going to be necessary.
If you want to keep them boosted we won't argue here 💕 Theme post edited.

Best regards,
Sunwell Staff

Thanks Wojtek

Overtime    0

I just hope we can clear content before Classic because that's when our guild leaves. Summer slack also going to hit server.

Seiyaapt    11

i feel like the only option we're left with, if we want quality gameplay at this point, is finding another server

it's not the 1st or 2nd time this happens, announce some buffs, then modify those buffs, then announce nerfs, then announce other nerfs, then change it again and all according to random posts on forum, this is typical of a bad server management, especially from graal.. it's like he's insecure of what he's doing and posts an idea of what to do next, then sees comments and adapts till he has as litle negative feedback as possible

i came to the server on release and i admit i enjoyed naxx, a lot, but then it has been disaster after disaster.. still, just like everyone else i waited for icc since its pointless to come to a wotlk server and invest almost an year and not finish icc, and in the end i was disapointed... especially after reading this topic, angrathar has already been paying the population toll for their bad decisions and we should just let them reap what they have been sowing 

and as a final point the announcement of a custom instance is just a sad desperate move to try to keep as much population as possible, it is not a bad idea but the timing of its announcement reeks of despair

• Like it! 2
  • Dislike 7
  • It sucks! 1

Dedal    23
many people are waiting for the message about transfers, and you tell as they will be somday. what was it spossed to be? when the time comes? when the time comes, people will find another server without your pity
  • Like it! 2

davekoznicki    17
On 3/30/2019 at 8:09 AM, Dedal said:
many people are waiting for the message about transfers, and you tell as they will be somday. what was it spossed to be? when the time comes? when the time comes, people will find another server without your pity

When we get info?

Edited by davekoznicki
  • Dislike 5

nimeralos    68
On 3/26/2019 at 5:46 PM, Graal said:

17.04 - removal of ICC Boost from the Fourth Quarter. Sindragosa and Lich King will keep their boosts. Add ICC buff for 10norm, 10heroic and 25norm raid versions.

How is the ICC buff going to work? Is it going to grow by 5% every 4 weeks in a Blizzlike way, or will it be static 10% like in 10norm currently, or..?

IMO, don't overbuff us! To be honest, not sure if it's needed at all. Gear buffs us more and more every reset anyway.

Edited by nimeralos

Dedal    23
On 4/7/2019 at 12:45 AM, Ninshu said:

Maybe next year

Still no answer. Fine. Now we know what we have to do. 

• Dislike 1

Bew    5

"In 20 minutes from now there will be another restart (sorry for that) - we're adding 10% Hellscream's Warsong (horde) and 10% Strength of Wrynn (alliance) buffs to Icecrown Citadel 10HC and Icecrown Citadel 25normal modes - just like it was mentioned here: https://sunwell-community.com/index.php?/topic/7041-angrathar-endgame/ Valithria Dreamwalker boost was already removed. Restart shouldn't take less than 5minutes."

What have you done? You ruin everything! No fun at all now. You're best at ruining sense of achievement! Why don't you make a poll at least after so many complaints? We would see how many people actually agree with it.

• Dislike 3

nimeralos    68
1 hour ago, Bew said:

What have you done? You ruin everything! No fun at all now.

On 3/26/2019 at 5:46 PM, Graal said:

17.04 - removal of ICC Boost from the Fourth Quarter. Sindragosa and Lich King will keep their boosts. Add ICC buff for 10norm, 10heroic and 25norm raid versions.

You're quite slow, reacting month after announcement.

Bew    5
20 hours ago, nimeralos said:

You're quite slow, reacting month after announcement.

I saw that announcement, my dear, but the staff should communicate and take actions according to situation, not some plan that was drawn months ago before release.  Sometimes things doesn't go as planned, Please spill your bitterness somewhere else.

• Confused 1

nimeralos    68
4 hours ago, Bew said:

some plan that was drawn months ago before release

The plan was outlined a month ago. You had a month to try and argue with it. Now there's no point.

In the end of the day, 10% isn't a huge deal. I'd still prefer them to not increase it further. We have no Cata to prepare for unlike Blizz. People here have infinite time to gear up, git gut and clear semi-nerfed ICC 25/ICC 10 HCs.

Edited by nimeralos
  • Like it! 1