Xentor

Twinks make me want to leave the server

Xentor    0

I'm about level 70 on my second character but I already know I won't be able to join BGs because they are monopolized by level 79 full geared OP twinks. This is unfair but nobody is gonna make anything about it and it makes me feel like I should leave this server. No attention whatsoever to leveling players who like PVP, just to make 30 twinks happy. Ridiculous.

Xentor    0

I want to que BGs from 70-79. I'm not a loser like people who makes twinks so I don't care joining at 79. Also what's the problem with "crying"? Mine is a feedback which means I'm not satisfied with server's policy. Notice I have also donated to the server so I consider myself somewhat a customer and expect reliability. I hope they will start listening to players' advices. Making the leveling experience harder for everybody just to make 30 losers happy in their abusive playstyle is seriously bad playerbase management. 

nimeralos    61
2 hours ago, Xentor said:

Notice I have also donated to the server so I consider myself somewhat a customer and expect reliability

Then there's one twink who donated too.

Just level a bit more. You were fine with barely any BGs ever popping until 70, right? I don't understand what's the issue in grinding the remaining levels - even if you don't like it, you clearly can do it!

I want to que BGs from 70-79

Or you can do so, and hope your side has more twinks... In my opinion, it's a bit awkward to join/quit a server over such a minor part of the game as leveling 70-79 on BGs.

• Like it! 2

Xentor    0
2 hours ago, nimeralos said:

Then there's one twink who donated too.

Just level a bit more. You were fine with barely any BGs ever popping until 70, right? I don't understand what's the issue in grinding the remaining levels - even if you don't like it, you clearly can do it!

Or you can do so, and hope your side has more twinks... In my opinion, it's a bit awkward to join/quit a server over such a minor part of the game as leveling 70-79 on BGs.

Why can't twinks just move to the 80 BGs and let levelers alone? Please give me the reason. Honestly I'm starting to think there's a GM who has a twink himself because there is no other explanation for this. So they aren't fixing it just for his interest. This, or they want to make the leveling phase more painful so people buy EXP boosts, which is an awful server policy.

Deadwood    19

Why cant you just get 80 then join bg? People playing at 79 because they dont want play against full geared warrior with shadowmourne.

Helbra    0

No reason you can't join. You might die a lot and you might not be able to hit much at first, but if you like pvp, just play. :)

ssijek3    16

doing instance if you buy exp boost, maybe ask gm to disable exp for bg pvp is pvp not necessary exp (on some servers there was no exp and there was no crying because low lvle did not just stuck and exp on df since you got pve)

Max    2

Well the difference between twinks and non-twinks while levelling is similar, if not less, than the difference between geared and ungeared characters at level 80. And I can assure you, it's a hell of a lot easier gearing up a 79 twink than it is gearing up all the way to the top at 80 :P

At the end of the day, PvP is predatory. The strong prey on the weak.

nimeralos    61
21 hours ago, Xentor said:

Why can't twinks just move to the 80 BGs and let levelers alone?

People twink for variety of reasons. Balance is different, and PvE gear doesn't matter.

I don't want to be rude, but when you say "why can't people play so it's most comfortable for me", you sound a tiny bit entitled. In MMORPG, usually you adjust to other players and not the other way around.

Nestum    0

While I was lvling I was playing few bg's with those twinks and I didnt have any problems with them, in fact it was actually fun to kill them with crap lvling gear :D.

Xentor    0

Just so everybody knows: Deadwood, Hellbra, SSijek and Equus are twinks, so their answers are evidently biased and partial, in that they can't see their playstyle is just bad. They came from other servers which at some point decided to stop support twinking, so they are basically the nomadic gypsies of wow. Sooner or later the administration will realize their playstyle is toxic and unfair and it will stop supporting them like it already happened everywhere else.

@nimeralos It's ok, except for the fact that retail had separated queues at the time, so we have a custom mechanism here which conflicts with the blizzlike policy. Adapting it's ok when things are balanced, but lvl 79 full geared twink is not balanced vs a normal level 79. It's like 1800 gs vs 3000 gs, coeteris paribus.

@Max Same answer; it's predatory yes, but a level 70-79 bracket is already level-unbalanced (think level 70 vs lvl 79), why introduce epic geared 79 players? If they are so good they could go level 80.

@NestumGood for you, but at some point you may start to notice that when you lose you are actually getting wrecked by full epic 79 twinks with no regular player in the opposite team. At that time you'll see you can predict the match outcome by remembering twinks' names. Doesn't look fun to me. I'd prefer to lose to players who I can respect for their skill than to fully geared twinks who are there thanks to buggy server mechanics.

Edited by Xentor
  • Haha 1

nimeralos    61

It's ok, except for the fact that retail had separated queues at the time, so we have a custom mechanism here which conflicts with the blizzlike policy

I forgot about it to be honest, it's indeed a 3.2.0 feature. https://wow.gamepedia.com/g00/Patch_3.2.0

But one difference is, retail had cross-realm and 1000 times more PvPers. Private servers have to choose between no 79-twink-BGs at all and 70-79-united-BGs.

Xentor    0
5 hours ago, nimeralos said:

I forgot about it to be honest, it's indeed a 3.2.0 feature. https://wow.gamepedia.com/g00/Patch_3.2.0

But one difference is, retail had cross-realm and 1000 times more PvPers. Private servers have to choose between no 79-twink-BGs at all and 70-79-united-BGs.

Except cross realm has been introduced in 4.3...

mpslayerx    14
49 minutes ago, Xentor said:

facepalm

Edited by mpslayerx

nimeralos    61
1 hour ago, Xentor said:

Cross-realm battlegrounds is a 1.12.1 feature.

Xentor    0
1 hour ago, nimeralos said:

Cross-realm battlegrounds is a 1.12.1 feature.

Never mind, I got confused by Real ID BGs which was introduced in 4.3. By the way I don't think that 70-79 bracket needs twinks to start BGs; they may even have a negative effect on general participation (look the people above who suggested to avoid joining). The server doesn't need 30 virgins to start a 5v5 Bg

Xentor    0
5 hours ago, bogdanel12 said:

Look at me, I've donated for the server therefore I deserve special treatment.

Look at me, I love exploiting server bugs - and I'm of course a virgin who spends his days pwning levelers in BGs!

Pevi    2
On 2/26/2019 at 10:00 PM, Xentor said:

I want to que BGs from 70-79. I'm not a loser like people who makes twinks so I don't care joining at 79. Also what's the problem with "crying"? Mine is a feedback which means I'm not satisfied with server's policy. Notice I have also donated to the server so I consider myself somewhat a customer and expect reliability. I hope they will start listening to players' advices. Making the leveling experience harder for everybody just to make 30 losers happy in their abusive playstyle is seriously bad playerbase management. 

U can queue as lvl 70 too.Get a heal class full resi gear and gg...

Xentor    0
1 hour ago, Pevi said:

U can queue as lvl 70 too.Get a heal class full resi gear and gg...

Only twinks answer to this post? Looks like you care a lot about your business of killing levelers. Sooner or later you will be forced to stop