Avarishd

Angrathar - from the start to current progress

Avarishd    56

@Riztazz @Raphael @Piootrek @Graal
A brief summary of what the staff of sunwell has learned and what not, through the progress of this server. And the reason most of us actually came to play here.
The out of season april fools joke server.

1) Pre-T7l aunch
"Everyone" was excited, the new trailer, "What if naxx was hard?" Gearing from heroics/crafted gear all good nothing wrong here. *moving on*
All hoping to see Lordaeron 2.0

2) Post-T7 launch
Go to patchwerk, kill patchwerk, go to grobbulus, kill grobbulus.... etc. You see my point? The only difficult boss was KT, which died same night, which was also killed by our guild the 2nd day after release. 
Devs response - "You cannot separate the casuals from the semi/hardcore raiders in T7". "You will see will see with Malygos" - Introduces hidden enrage timer, the most idiotic thing i've seen in quite some time in the private server scene. Not going to even mention OS, 10m after release of OS, +3 drake was already cleared. *moving on*

1) Pre-T8 launch
The full values of all bosses and their buffed mechanics, all good, all seemed good on paper, so did Naxx (loatheb custom thing never worked b t w )

2) Post-T8 launch
The only difficult fights were the keepers and general yogg. Which was irrelevant since you nerfed them to retail state like a (not very smart person).

1) Pre-T9 launch
ahahahahah 15% ahahahahah Are you out of your mind? Yeah we've clearly noticed that you don't stick to what you say ever since the begining.
Imagine if It wasn't for me to spam you to buff it more.

2) Post-T9
4/5 first day, 2 guilds killing anub 1st id, Realm first by shizmie, 49 attempts by us, what a joke of a tier. Already on farm since week 1

1) Pre-T10 launch 
Timegating normal  because of your tbc server? Not very smart, but after all we are not surprised at this point. And changing your mind YET AGAIN that only 4 bosses will be buffed. ahahahah

2) Post-T10 launch
Giving 10m normal 10% buff, not very smart cuz its a joke in general
Not buffing 10m hc as you SAID, not very smart yet again

Not buffing 25m normal, ok that is...we can deal with that
But with your "buffs" to icc 25 hc, the end game content. No you are wrong again, for 3rd or 4th time (if you cound all but few bosses in ulduar)
Marrowgar Lady dbs  should not be killed first ID, the only boss that SHOULD be killable is perhaps council and rotface. You failed. Again.

Giving HP to a target dummy does not make the encounter difficult, makes it longer, but not difficult in any case.

You still do not learn from your mistakes, for the i don't even know which time already.
If this sounds a bit too much offensive, good. It should, don't bait an entire community into a "semi/hardcore" server and serve them the bones of Lordaeron.
(Took more than 1 month and a half for TOP and by TOP i mean THE TOP, guilds in Lordaeron which were times better than the shitty top guilds here to kill marrowgar, lady and many more bosses that were an ACTUAL CHALLENGE, not a joke to be killed)

Edited by Avarishd
  • Like it! 3
  • Dislike 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 4
  • Bravo! 1

Antik    90

You sperg off a lot in your post and it's hard to understand what you mean.

You should maybe use words and proper sentences rather than not.

Otherwise I think? I agree with most of what you wrote. Except the end. I disagree that no bosses but Rotface and BPC should be killed on the first ID. image.png.34c5a821d8c8083d714c40fe6722e440.png

This is Paragon's kill times for TLK (25) and the following ID the killed everything on HC besides TLK.

While I agree in general that it's too easy, and I personally feel a 30-50% HP buff should have been given to the NM bosses (as well as HC bosses). It is a "blizzlike" server (though they like to try and turn that off and on as they see fit which is annoying). So Things being cleared right away isn't terrible.

As for my agreement then disagreement... it's because as I've constantly stated: we're on 3.3.5a class stats/abilities and only on 3.3.0 content. While it's a smaller difference than 3.2.0 and 3.1.0 and 3.0.0 it still exists and is still pretty significant.

Until someone creates a realm - like the one that shall not be named starting with 'W' and rhyming with poorgame - specifically with difficult raiding challenges in mind that ALSO requires players to update their client from 3.0.0 to 3.1.0 to 3.2.0 to 3.3.0 to 3.3.5a etc. It won't be enough. So I think 30-50% HP buffs all around, NM and HC would be great, a change to proper clients would be even better.

• Like it! 1

Avarishd    56

"sperging" is a side effect of playing here 

Doesn't really matter now, the staff is clueless even if you provide them with the entire information there is. 

So...only PP Sindy Lk left after 1st id,  good job Sunwell 

"What if naxx was hard?"

Edited by Avarishd

Slammin    1

Private server hardcore raiders: "THESE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH BUFFS THE BOSSES AREN'T HARD ENOUGH!!!"

Also private server hardcore raiders: "What do you mean I could have made a forum post BEFORE ICC release discussing the possible buffs and changes to truly increase their difficulty...??"

It's not their fault that the minority didn't speak up about their suggestions for changes to the content, so stop being so angry about it and learn that next time, you should actually come up with great ideas and help the staff to create a better experience rather than being angry with them for not listening to a voice that said nothing.

Edited by Slammin
  • Like it! 1

Avarishd    56
23 hours ago, Slammin said:

Private server hardcore raiders: "THESE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH BUFFS THE BOSSES AREN'T HARD ENOUGH!!!"

Also private server hardcore raiders: "What do you mean I could have made a forum post BEFORE ICC release discussing the possible buffs and changes to truly increase their difficulty...??"

It's not their fault that the minority didn't speak up about their suggestions for changes to the content, so stop being so angry about it and learn that next time, you should actually come up with great ideas and help the staff to create a better experience rather than being angry with them for not listening to a voice that said nothing.

We did for togc and icc :)  they are just too stubernt to realize how things work even after 3 tiers

Antik    90
On 2/2/2019 at 1:32 PM, Slammin said:

Except we did.

Max    2

Hehe. I really enjoyed this post. I always felt like things should be made as hard as possible since every new Wotlk server that gets opened, will just be an even more experienced set of players who know this shit backwards, forwards and sideways. And the only way to keep realms like this from stagnating so quickly is to make shit really fucking hard.

EDIT: By the way... I think this should apply to 5 man stuff as well. You'd be surprised how fun they can be when the mechanics actually rape you lol

Edited by Max
additional note about 5 mans

nimeralos    61
10 hours ago, Max said:

I think this should apply to 5 man stuff as well. You'd be surprised how fun they can be when the mechanics actually rape you lol

That's a really nice idea. So much content goes to waste in Blizzlike "heroics".

• Like it! 1

nimeralos    61

There're always a lot of unexperienced people, and they need their clearable normals. On the other hand, there're those who play WotLK for 10 years - but aren't they getting some content here? Yogg+0 took months, right? LK 25 HC isn't dead, right? So the pace of progression of the top guilds was/is quite Blizzlike, and even slower when it comes to T7/T9.

It's a subtle balance, and always someone unhappy. But as someone who wipes in 6/12 ICC 25 pugs, I think Sunwell is doing a decent job.

I think the issue is what have lead retail to its 9000 difficulties. But in WotLK, there're not more than 4. 

The only part of the message I personally agree with is

On 1/24/2019 at 10:41 AM, Avarishd said:

Not buffing 10m hc as you SAID, not very smart yet again

It's always better when admins do what they promise and follow results of the polls they host.

Max    2

Maybe the best thing to do is make the normal modes relatively normal, and then making heroic ridiculously difficult.

Indeed it is a hard balance because... on one side you have the decade+ vets, but at the same time, many people don't understand that there are new players coming to this expansion, younger players, or just people who never really played WoW. It's a great game, and there's no reason why it can't have a fresh influx of new players. Some say it's an easy game, and maybe it is in the long run, but the learning curve up front to reach a high skill level is pretty steep for some people. It took me years to get to what I would call a good baseline of skill. I had no mentors though. With the right mentors, someone could take years off the learning curve, but is that really desirable? What about stopping to smell the roses? What about the immersion? Many blast through the game and treat it like some kind of commodity or automated process where you just churn through the content as fast as possible and say DONE. The only thing keeping the DONE at bay is failing to reach the end, for many.

Also, sometimes it's just fun blasting through shit without having to maintain a dream team to avoid getting insta-buttraped. So there's a lot of sides to this shit.

Personally I've found the challenge in WoW to remain fresh in 2 ways

1. Making stuff harder by doing crazy shit or just using less gear, or really bad compositions, less players, etc, 2 manning dungeons with shitty gear, etc

2. The social aspect. It's almost impossible to create/find a truly great guild (greatness could include all sorts of different styles of guilds). To me that's the ultimate challenge of WoW. Crafting a legendary guild experience

• Like it! 1

Ithen    0

I think its about time for Sunwell team to do smth about PVP....Its not normal on EU evenings when 4.5k + pop is online to wait 30 mins for bg and arena...Hordes dont queue at all...Motivate them somehow..I dont know may be boost they honor for win or smth...