MrCulé

Periodic Survey: Angrathar - Summary!

Xentis    0

I'm definitely all for SM I really hope it will pass, let your friends know about the poll to vote for it cause it's very nice option and you not gonna regret that 

Artar    11

I like it, because i cannot think of any serious negative side effect it could cause and at the same time it is going to help you with game development. A mechanism like this is infinitely better than introducing buyable pvp/pve gear or multiboxing (which would make me leave). That of lvl 78 max is also a very good idea, because it makes the system feel less "threatening".

I like this server style, please go on like this.

Edited by Artar

Costin    6
3 hours ago, MrCulé said:

I agree when it comes to Malygos(it wasn't tuned as good as should be), but when it comes to Ulduar, well it was an element of progress. 

Pardon me but Ulduar was nonsense in many cases, requiring ridiculous raid setups, that were never required on retail or even used in the best guilds that were racing for world firsts, notable exception being Yogg-0, to kill certain bosses. It ended burning out a lot of people and as a result guilds ended dying, quite a few of them.

Frankly speaking I'd rather not have to go through the same experience in ICC. It's one thing to have a challenge, which ICC HC by default without the buff most certainly provides, it's completely different to not even be able to do certain bosses because you don't have a class stacked raid, which was absolutely the case for many bosses in Ulduar.

Edited by Costin
  • Like it! 1

tophated    1

1) Need a character AH like on warmane 

2) Delay ICC till January at least  , anything before that is proof GMs are in this for (( $$$  ))   only    and       server will die just like lordaeron

• Like it! 1

MrCulé    227
4 hours ago, tophated said:

1) Need a character AH like on warmane 

2) Delay ICC till January at least  , anything before that is proof GMs are in this for (( $$$  ))   only    and       server will die just like lordaeron

1. No

2. It's the most unwise statement I've read since very long time. Have you read the whole post? 

Lumo    16

Lets just be honest 25 HC with additional buffs is just there to appease 4/5 top guilds who YES have a high skill level but also have access to more players/classes to do class stacking to make bosses killable which leaves the average guild with even good players basically fucked just because they cant stack 8 of one class for a boss. 

I'm sure it's fun for those guilds but it just leaves everyone in the dust to get burnt out and possibly leave server, Of course we want 25 HC to be challenging but dont make it so if guilds can't just magic up X amount of one class for a fight it's just mathematically impossible for us to do.  

We're not stupid we know TBC server is what you guys care about now and fair enough but not everyone is excited about that some of us want to really have some fun in Icecrown, so dont make it crushing. 

• Like it! 2

Fizzla    33
19 hours ago, MrCulé said:

I agree when it comes to Malygos(it wasn't tuned as good as should be), but when it comes to Ulduar, well it was an element of progress. 

Uh are you kidding? Did you not pay attention to HM Freya, you know the boss that the server first 25man insanity guild couldn't kill? Required stacking paladin raid walls, and far beyond server firsts.

You guys are artificially screwing guilds out of experiencing content just to appease your elite guilds and its sickening. How many guilds cleared your keepers hardmode that you are so proud of again? You know, that Ulduar place that you say was an element of progress? If you think Ulduar was such a success then please provide the kill stats and prove it. I'll bet less than 15% of players cleared HM 25 keepers.

Antik    90

I think a small 15% HP and 15% Damage increase across all bosses in ICC25NM should be added. While the content finally catches up with the talent and abilities characters have, it's also 100% known content. Normal mode TOC25 was pugged the first week, that's not fun, that's not challenging for anyone - and if it is that's scary. ICC is the penultimate raid in this expansion and it should bring with it the penultimate experience. If the casuals need to actually work for something in the game I see no problem in that, and if they see a problem in that I question the reason why they even play. Ulduar was too hard, sure; but Ulduar25 was difficult on live too. And you didn't even do all the prenerf changes or even live changes for Ulduar.

I would be extremely happy if no guilds were able to clear the first wing with the first ID.

I will be extremely disappointed if PUGS are able to kill even the first boss within the first few months.

*and by pugs I mean true pugs, not 8-9 people's alts from 3 different guilds.

• Like it! 1

MrCulé    227
23 hours ago, Fizzla said:

Uh are you kidding? Did you not pay attention to HM Freya, you know the boss that the server first 25man insanity guild couldn't kill? Required stacking paladin raid walls, and far beyond server firsts.

You guys are artificially screwing guilds out of experiencing content just to appease your elite guilds and its sickening. How many guilds cleared your keepers hardmode that you are so proud of again? You know, that Ulduar place that you say was an element of progress? If you think Ulduar was such a success then please provide the kill stats and prove it. I'll bet less than 15% of players cleared HM 25 keepers.

So maybe they weren't good enough ;) 

Lumo    16
37 minutes ago, MrCulé said:

So maybe they weren't good enough ;) 

Really? that's your reply to players begging you to stop making bosses requiring class stacking.

STOP catering to 4-5 guilds, why are you trying to alienate people outside of top guilds, content can be fun if its hard but its not when the only way to kill bosses is X amount of one class needed to make it even possible. 

MrCulé    227
1 hour ago, Lumo said:

Really? that's your reply to players begging you to stop making bosses requiring class stacking.

STOP catering to 4-5 guilds, why are you trying to alienate people outside of top guilds, content can be fun if its hard but its not when the only way to kill bosses is X amount of one class needed to make it even possible. 

There is usually one way to kill boss, so it;s nothing extraordinary. 

Antik    90

I think there is a lot of confusion here and I think it stems from people's lack of understanding of the differences between progression on live versus raiding on private servers, coupled with the false idea that the best guilds on private servers are just as skilled as the best guilds on live.

I'll cover the latter part first: that's a joke. The absolute best guild either sunwell server has seen is no where near as good as the best guilds were on live. Not even remotely close.

e: The best guilds on private server are about average guilds who raided semi-seriously were on live.

For the fomer part: it's pretty obvious people don't quite understand just how significant it is to already have 100% of the timings known, the best specs known, the best raid comps known before even release of the raid are. That's an incredible advantage.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: the ONLY BUFFS private servers should EVER do are HP and damage buffs. Changing timings, or how mechanics works is just ridiculous and full of hubris. Blizzard is a multi billion dollar company that put tens of millions (hundreds?) into WoW development. The timings of mechanics is pretty substantial and was the primary reason for PTRs on retail WoW. For a private server dev to claim he knows better about the timings of mechanics is plain ludicrous.

Edited by Antik
  • Like it! 1

davekoznicki    24

First why sunwell team ask people again for slave market,if i remember good you ask us when server was fresh and answer was in poll NO,we have here communism? you will ask people as many times as they just say OK to any question??

Second why restriction to max 78 lvl when near everybody here have 80 and in end cant use slave market,if i have 80 lvl warrior and im bored with him i cant sell him and buy hm priest becouse i have 80 lvl and in end cant use slave market

MrCulé    227
1 hour ago, davekoznicki said:

First why sunwell team ask people again for slave market,if i remember good you ask us when server was fresh and answer was in poll NO,we have here communism? you will ask people as many times as they just say OK to any question??

Second why restriction to max 78 lvl when near everybody here have 80 and in end cant use slave market,if i have 80 lvl warrior and im bored with him i cant sell him and buy hm priest becouse i have 80 lvl and in end cant use slave market

Have you read the post Dave? We're asking about this, because we need constant income to maintain the project. That's why. The slave market that we described this time is absolutely a different system than we describe before Angrathar releasing. 

Currently Slave Market would be limited, if players got to know this tool and if they were happy, there might be a chance in the future to trade 80 lvl characters. 

davekoznicki    24
21 minutes ago, MrCulé said:

Have you read the post Dave? We're asking about this, because we need constant income to maintain the project. That's why. The slave market that we described this time is absolutely a different system than we describe before Angrathar releasing. 

Currently Slave Market would be limited, if players got to know this tool and if they were happy, there might be a chance in the future to trade 80 lvl characters. 

Them for me limited SM is like no SM becouse 99% players like me have 80 lvl,but way is good just allow 80;/ is there now any ETA for release it? will be great to gear up new char before icc.

I have question and dont blame me its only question, about income whot about instant max or 60 70 lvl like on retail where you can boost any char you want?

Edited by davekoznicki

MrCulé    227
12 minutes ago, davekoznicki said:

Them for me limited SM is like no SM becouse 99% players like me have 80 lvl,but way is good just allow 80;/ is there now any ETA for realease it? will be great to gear up new char before icc.

I understand Dave, but not everyone agrees with this idea, so we must implement it step by step and constantly ask people if they understand it, if they agree etc. It's the matter of respect the players. 

The poll should last 2 weeks, we want to gather as many votes as it possible. Slave Market isn't bad option, it doesn't have any bad influance for the gameplay and it would attract the new players here. MMO games are not the same thing like 15 years ago and I'm not talking about the content, I'm talking more about players attitude. 

Antik    90

I personally think the slave market is a great idea to add. I know quite a few people agree. Those people are all of various reasons. Some want to buy, some want to sell; all think that it would be a good addition.

faieza    3

I m 100% against SM because it invalidates the hard work of alot of players who actually worked hard to get to max lvl , I m currently lvling a paladin from scratch on the other faction and i m having a blast , but just knowing that others can now purchase a nearly max lvl just makes me want to stop playing .

Please do not do this to us and cater to the lazy retail-like player base ,this is a change infavor of the casual players in a server that claims that it's content is hardcore .If you want my opinion this will do more harm than good to the server .Want proof ? 1 word my friend "Retail".

• Dislike 2

davekoznicki    24

We are here becouse we want something better than retail,and it will be not hard to imagine you want paladin?  you can sell your main and take paladin from auctions and i want see where on retail you can buy char  from OTHER PLAYER not Blizztards,its most important  you take char on slave market from PLAYERS not from gm.

It will still take same amount of time to lvl char, you can sell main and try next class, it is even better,for me its great i have wife,kids and i not have only one   TIME!!!

if i can try something new(class) i want it,if it helps server even better.

guci2    0
On 10/18/2018 at 7:28 PM, Phy said:

I'm against SM because:
1. Just buying characters won't make people learn the class (if they don't know it already)
2. Claiming Sunwell is blizzlike and have a feature like that is SUPER hypocritical
3. If someone doesn't like levelling, that's too bad. I don't like it either, but there are exp boosts and exp rate x2, which should completely solve this issue. And it makes people donate to the server, how are you gonna make SM profitable? Instead of SM make exp boost a bit cheaper (it's super expensive for people from eastern/southern Europe, take that into consideration)

1. wotlk was released almost exactly 10 years ago if u cant play it by now lvling a char wont help here bud

2. why would u say that a charactertrade system is a problem if they want to be blizzlike while they are buffing every raid and adding custom stuff to encounters ? that point makes no sense to me

3. as long as u have to lvl up a character the problem is obviously not "completely solved" and to buy a character u need the sunwell coins and ppl are going to buy more coins for characters than for xp boosts imo.. the slavemarket would be more profitable for the project but who cares about that.. some ppl just want a lvl'd char with naxx gear because they dont want to run naxx or with ulduar gear because they dont like that raid or w/e

Ithen    0

I think allowing Slave Market won't do any damage but if it is for buying or trading ONLY 78 LEVEL CHARACTERS MAXIMUM because buying or trading level 80 characters which can be fully geared from players with no brain (in game of course) or skill will do a lot of damage to the whole community. A lot of good players who like to enjoy the content will be dissapointed and probably leave because buying geared level 80 characters looks exactly like SELLING F***ING SHADOWMOURNE and other gear = P2W...No one likes that except for noobs, and 12 years old kids who I think are not the constant community of any server.