Sign in to follow this  
Fazman

Auction Undercutting

Fazman    0

I'm struggling to understand the logic of some peoples auctions on the AH. There are consistently massive undercuts, I can appreciate undercutting by a silver, perhaps even a gold but look at the following examples. We have consistent undercuts from 15g to 90s or 30g to 1g. What is the logic here? After a few of these same people undercutting each other it's costing them more to create the product and the auction then it is to lower the price so much for a sale.

From a buyers perspective I can understand you might not have much sympathy, but from a sellers perspective I can't understand why upon seeing an auction listed for 30g someone would then list theirs for 90s?

WoWScrnShot_030120_114007.jpg.62bac359630f5fdcc66a558414ba80d5.jpgWoWScrnShot_030120_114031.jpg.2da68ca62c8a6a374e412896f5863dc1.jpgWoWScrnShot_030120_114102.jpg.bf248c9f0362d18b89513a9b279d263e.jpgWoWScrnShot_030120_114128.jpg.70a825dd993b77b29988e6b4ada89386.jpgWoWScrnShot_030120_114149.jpg.1515f07bbc16e68aa89d375fff409efe.jpgWoWScrnShot_030120_114213.jpg.9c5b3f56d978620b848384bc007556ef.jpgWoWScrnShot_030120_114444.jpg.f3a07dc4335fcdf021ab4efe33569023.jpgWoWScrnShot_030120_114542.jpg.24d1b0dc0d4753b6aaeda85cccd8adf2.jpg

Rozenkranc    7

This is true mostly for glyphs that are a) used to skill up Inscription, b) not very useful, c) both at once.

Inscription is really popular because it's easy to level and you can get your own shoulder enchant, skipping Sons of Hodir grind. It's not really unexpected that it's difficult to make money effortlessly with it, considering that most people don't change their glyphs a lot, so it's a one-time buy for them.

Fazman    0
37 minutes ago, Rozenkranc said:

This is true mostly for glyphs that are a) used to skill up Inscription, b) not very useful, c) both at once.

Inscription is really popular because it's easy to level and you can get your own shoulder enchant, skipping Sons of Hodir grind. It's not really unexpected that it's difficult to make money effortlessly with it, considering that most people don't change their glyphs a lot, so it's a one-time buy for them.

I think just re-read what I've said mate. You have not understood the point here.

Keynn    6
1 hour ago, Rozenkranc said:

4th option - they are overpriced as fuck.

For example glyph of hammer of justice - useless glyph, maybe u can use it in pvp, but I doubt, u need midnight ink to craft it, to craft midnight u need bruiseweed which costs 7g on ah, recipe is from trainer, yup, why would anyone buy it for 80g, probably same with rest of glyphs.

Fazman    0

Again, people aren't understanding this from a sellers perspective. So i'm going to simplify:

My question is why would a seller place such a low premium on what they are selling. If the market price is 30g for example, why would a seller place the next available auction at 1g.

Edited by Fazman

Ghost    0
1 hour ago, Keynn said:

4th option - they are overpriced as fuck.

This.

The glyphs are profitable only when the realm is really young and everyone discovering key glyphs for each class/spec.

I suggest make some gathering char, cause most of the players are adults now and can't spend time for farming.

Keynn    6
1 hour ago, Fazman said:

Again, people aren't understanding this from a sellers perspective. So i'm going to simplify:

My question is why would a seller place such a low premium on what they are selling. If the market price is 30g for example, why would a seller place the next available auction at 1g.

because he has more than 30 iq and he understand that nobody would buy it for 30g?

Fazman    0

I think in a sense, I've gotten my answer just from the inability to understand the point of this thread...

Edited by Fazman

Rozenkranc    7
5 hours ago, Fazman said:

I think in a sense, I've gotten my answer just from the inability to understand the point of this thread...

Eh, I think you're trying to disjoint something that can't be disjointed. Theoretically, if I had literally no other information, then yes, I would also put my stuff 1c below next person. But considering everything else, that probably most of these glyphs will never be needed for anyone, and that I already tried selling glyphs expensively? (tip: it worked only at the beginning of the server, when I had one evening as the sole owner of Bestial Wrath glyph recipe) Market is probably oversaturated with them, and it doesn't really matter whether they sit at 90g and nobody buys them, or they sit at 90s and nobody buys them anyway.

Tupacalypse    1

Ppl that are a healing class will watch you die from dots after a fight is over and you want to understand AH logic , lol.

There are good and bad ppl on all aspects of the game , the same clueless ppl that brakes into a free condom vending machine , you have some ppl that are not that bright.

sticky    2

just buy up all the mispriced auctions and relist them? unless they actually aren't mispriced....

• WOW! 1