Sign in to follow this  
Covodex

Problem with Pet casts due to weird movement (Succubus unusable)

Covodex    1

Hi,

for a while now I was noticing weird behavior when using a channeled pet spell or one with a cast time. I first noticed it on the Voidwalkers Consume Shadows; most of the times I cast it I either get the error message "Can't be used while moving" or he casts the spell, uses mana, but immediately interrupts itself. It doesn't matter wether I or the Voidwalker move, the only way to get it working is to stand still for a few seconds, press petfollow so he stands at the right spot next to me and then use it - and even then it works 50% of the time at max. Just as a little reminder - on official servers and every other pserver I played on the pet just stops and casts the spell; it's definitely not intended to be like how it is here.

But as this spell isn't that important this was only a small inconvenience, so i just glanced over it. I also noticed that the problem sometimes occurs with the Lick Wounds ability of ferocity pets of the Hunter, although it didn't seem to occur that often.

But today I started using the Succubus a bit more and noticed that there is the same problem with her Seduction - which is a huge problem for pvp. I tried to solve the problem for myself by making a macro which commands the pet to stay before casting the spell, but even that doesn't work. Every time the pet gets the command to stay, it moves a tad bit and gets into the "Can't be used while moving" loop. So at the moment, the Succubus seems to be totally unusable, which is a shame because me and a lot of the other locks out there are playing double damage combs in 2s for which the Succubus' Seduction is a more or less crucial component.

Can the Dev's maybe look into this, or does maybe a player have an idea on how to resolve this issue?

Edited by Covodex

Firzon    0

Hi,

I confirm everything you wrote. Pet's movement is terrible broken on this server.

I tested succubus pet on arenas today and he's unusable to play with. For example when Succubus is moving and u use seduction he won't do nothing unless he stay for a while and still have range to cast.  When he's in stay command in the middle of arena and dont have range to cast seduction to your target he won't move to cast it, he will just spin around.

For now if you want to play with this pet on arenas you have to send him to attack someone then set him to stay and use succubus seduction on your target and it will only work if he still have range to cast it and your taget didn''t loss him which make this pet insane unusable to play with. 

I tested voidwalker too he's working us you wrote. I find one more minor bug with felguard movement when you use his intercept on target he will charge to him and then immediately moving back to you instead attacking target.

I won't comfort you, it looks like that Dev's here are more willing to broke it even more than fix it.

Edited by Firzon

Covodex    1

Well if you really rely on the Succubus, a way to use her is to just set Seduction on autocast and send her to attack the target instead - that works 100% of the time. It only has the (big) problem that she will cast it new onto the target everytime it runs out; so the target will get immune after a few casts due to diminishing returns and she keeps casting it onto the target until she is completely oom. You will need to get used to pulling her away after an appropiate amount of time.

Thats the only way I found to at least make her usable, although its still super inconvenient. I heard from some guildmates that this problem also existed on Angrathar for it's whole runtime, so im not very hopeful that it will be fixed soon.