Doremi

[Poll] Separated queues with locked experience gain.

Separated battlegrounds.  

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you want separate battleground queues for twinks?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Crossfaction battlegrounds 10-79.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/27/2019 at 10:59 PM

Doremi    149
Hello Sunwell!

We know that you enjoy leveling and gaining experience by playing battlegrounds. Unfortunately, level 70-79 bracket is in a terrible state and it's pretty much caused by twinks - players with locked experience and well geared characters.
That's why we'd like to know your opinion about separating queues for players with locked experience gain (which is blizzlike feature, but not very popular on private servers due to limited amounts of players).🤭

➡️Currently all players (with locked and unlocked XP gain) can play battlegrounds together in every bracket. This feature is not blizzlike, but it's very "private server friendly" due to mentioned earlier population issues. But it also leads to complete lack of balance for majority of BGs and frustration on both sides.
➡️Second option (blizzlike) is separation of BG queues for players with locked and unlocked experience gain. (If you have locked XP gain, you would be put in queue only with other players with locked XP gain) We believe this option would be good for both - leveling players and for twinks (maybe not the ones who just likes to stomp lvl 70's with their 79's)
➡️Third feature could be crossfaction battleground que for players below level 80.

We've created a poll, where you can vote for best option. Additional feedback - like sharing your opinion in comments - is also appreciated.

We'd like to know the opinion of more players, not only the vocal ones. Your feedback about this issue is very important for us.
If these solutions won't help or there would be better solutions proposed - we would of course consider them as well.

👉Poll would last until friday 27/12/2019👈

Thanks! 💪
Edited by Doremi
  • Like it! 2
  • Dislike 2
  • It sucks! 1
  • Bravo! 1

Sketchify    0

Do you like eating a shitty pizza everyday, or do you prefer a quality pizza every weekend? That is the idea behind this.

Edited by Sketchify

Drooweed    5

lol, when horde twinks on angrathar completly dominated 70-79 bracket you didn't see any problem, but when ally is geting better on this realm you immediately react. maybe check 80lvl bracket to see how horde stomping on us in every bg, you horde fanboys

Edited by Drooweed
  • Like it! 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Haha 1
  • Whaaaat? 2
  • LOL 1

Ajax    21
27 minutes ago, Drooweed said:

lol, when horde twinks on angrathar completly dominated 70-79 bracket you didn't see any problem, but when ally is geting better on this realm you immediately react. maybe check 80lvl bracket to see how horde stomping on us in every bg, you horde fanboys

When did "horde twinks on angrathar completely dominate 70-79 bracket"? This is nonsense.

• Like it! 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I am for crossfaction battlegrounds as it is perhaps best for keeping non 80s gameplay. Before such a solution occurs it would be extremely essential to know some basics as far as it is not usual:

1. What will mechanics look like ? On which principle players from both factions will be selected ? Wheter queing in pairs will affect algorithms to prevent unbalanced games ?

2. Do you consider that as a temporary solutions until the quantitative of players improve visible and statistically ?

3.  How can it influence the announced solutions of Angrathar crossrealm ?

4. [OFF topic] Due to probably most popular thread by now I would like to ask the same question as I did on Frosthold announce - youtube livestream. Do you consider to finally create separated arena ranking for 70-79 bracket ? I guess it may not have to contain any special rewards, but that opportunity would certainly be innovative and surely unique for competing 3.3.5 servers.

• Dislike 2
  • LOL 1

Camiina    0

I think this is great idea to separate the twinks (locked xp) from the people who are just trying to lvl up.
From personal experience ive been spamming battleground for a week now and all i have is 4 wins (horde side 70-79). In my opinion alliance has way more twinks than horde and we dont stand a chance, players are also losing they interest in battlegrounds after being camped on the graveyard for few games in a row.
Also crossfaction is a great idea, we will get faster bg pop. For example ive noticed when i que that sometimes theres over 20 alliance in que and just 5 hordes.

Wielki    4

We know that you enjoy leveling and gaining experience by playing battlegrounds  Doremi are you kidding ? its just stupid joke or what? prima aprilis? rbg its pvp zone for killing enemy not for pve players... Realy its not funny joke.

think about what you want to achieve and then present something ... 50 people on the forum decide on the whole bracket?
  • Bravo! 1

Anfall    4
1 hour ago, Doremi said:

➡️Currently all players (with locked and unlocked XP gain) can play battlegrounds together in every bracket. This feature is not blizzlike, but it's very "private server friendly" due to mentioned earlier population issues. But it also leads to complete lack of balance for majority of BGs and frustration on both sides.
➡️Second option (blizzlike) is separation of BG queues for players with locked and unlocked experience gain. (If you have locked XP gain, you would be put in queue only with other players with locked XP gain) We believe this option would be good for both - leveling players and for twinks (maybe not the ones who just likes to stomp lvl 70's with their 79's)
➡️Third feature could be crossfaction battleground que for players below level 80.

👉Poll would last until friday 27/12/2019👈

Thanks! 💪

Being alliance on Sunwell you face heavy faction-imbalance in the questing world.
Questing in northrend is especially painful, as you also face horde-players farming nodes or questing for gold.
All in all, you will be looking at ~2-5h per level depending on your interaction with the other faction.

But if you enter a battleground, you get system-enforced 50/50 faction balance. 
No longer are you a miniority getting pushed around.
This makes many alliance players fight actively in BG's, and thus experiencing high win-rates and you can get a level in 45-90min, out-performing uncontested questing.

Twinks are common on the alliance faction because of fast queues (due to horde being overpopulated), and this creates an iLevel advantage for the alliance side in 70-79 bracket.
It saddens me to hear, that the only place alliance may have a small advantage in terms of leveling is getting targeted by non-blizzlike changes.

The 70-79 bracket being imbalanced due to twinks should not demand server-intervention.
The faction-perks for alliance was a pesky attempt to make the faciton appealing to players, and by potentially taking away the safe-haven of bg's, you will once again hurt faction imbalance.

My solution;
Don't intervene. The fixes you have proposed will further increase incentives for new players to go horde or make casual alliance-players quit / not level alts alltogether.
Using a poll with <1% coverage as a way to "listen to your community" is not why people play on your project.
If you decide to use the outcome of this poll for decision-making on such a trivial matter that only <100people decide to vote (vocal minority as well), im in awe.

/Anfall

• Like it! 2
  • Whaaaat? 1
  • It sucks! 1
  • LOL 1
  • Perfect! 3

saky    1
31 minutes ago, Anfall said:

No longer are you a miniority getting pushed around.
This makes many alliance players fight actively in BG's, and thus experiencing high win-rates and you can get a level in 45-90min, out-performing uncontested questing.

Twinks are common on the alliance faction because of fast queues (due to horde being overpopulated), and this creates an iLevel advantage for the alliance side in 70-79 bracket.
It saddens me to hear, that the only place alliance may have a small advantage in terms of leveling is getting targeted by non-blizzlike changes.

The 70-79 bracket being imbalanced due to twinks should not demand server-intervention.
The faction-perks for alliance was a pesky attempt to make the faciton appealing to players, and by potentially taking away the safe-haven of bg's, you will once again hurt faction imbalance.

/Anfall

What an actual bullshit it amazes me XD "small advantage" its not even called battleground anymore, its just farmground as for now

Edited by saky

nukebot    4

Hi, I am one of the horde twinks and all I can say is that the best solution would be crossfaction bgs at this point since option no 1. could kill the bracket all together as some people mentioned but even that is better than option 2. (which is what we have now)

About arguement that it is <100 votes so vocal minority, trust me it would extrapolate to even greater number of votes for option no 1. if whole server was asked and the poll was better advertised.

And about that questing vs battleground xp gain arguement Anfall is talking about, did you know that horde levelers are queueing for losses because they get more xp from losing bg in 5 mins (either wsg or ab, even ioc cuz caps of each flag there are 16k xp and loss 95k) than questing and that is the only reason they re queueing after all. It sure isn't pvp or being camped. Not to mention 90% of the time one third of those lowbies agree to afk but in a way you can not report them for kicks because they stay active enough so basically one can not do anything about. It is ok to take 2-5 hours to level up in wotlk 70-80. These bgs are just xp farm fest for everyone involved, both losing and winning team. HK fest for alliance twinks, not sure what is their agenda tho and disbelief of what this has become for horde twinks.

So TLDR either lower xp in bgs to 1/4 of what it is now or do crossfaction bgs. If not, make separate queues but for the love of god do not leave it as it is.

Thank you for reading

Best Regards

Bot

• Like it! 2

Ajax    21

I'm not surprised something is being done because it has been obvious to everyone that the 70-79 bracket has been a gigantic farce from the get go. Horde levellers agreeing to afk the moment they enter the bg for fast xp and alliance twinks spam queuing 24/7 for free honor and easy kills and somehow not getting bored mowing down statues.

I doubt it bodes well for us twinks but I can't say I'm surprised.

• Dislike 1