Sign in to follow this  
Freemind

Can we end the Alliance advantages in WG?

Freemind    1

Alliance starts with all 4 bases if they attack, they get the big siege after 1 kill. Can we end the unfairness already? They're no longer less than us. Stop giving them handicaps because they can't win a fair WG, its pretty damn annoying. If we do manage to win somehow, when ally attack you see after like 1 minute 16 sieges just charging in when theres 25minutes left of the game. Like wtf??? 
Can we remove these? It's srsly not fair to the horde that they just play better most of the time. I get it when they were waaaay fewer than us, thats not the case anymore. 

Freemind    1

I just read that and thats just insane. Want to conquer WG for a while? Simple just lose on purpose for a bit, then easy domination. Blizzard wtf have u done. Also funny how 90% of that comment section hates the idea. 

Both sides should get a semi-equal opportunity to win WG. Horde had WG like 90% of the time up until Naxx came out then Alliance started winning.  Funny that the moment Alliance starts actually controlling WG over multiple games a row that the Horde start raging.

Personally I would just implement a loss-chain buff, and not do tricky things like limit populations which arent fun to those waiting outside WG

• Like it! 1
  • Dislike 1

Ghost    0

Let me remind you that horde was holding WG for 100% time after launch of the server. Tenacity 7. After few days tenacity 12-13. There was no way ally could win.

If i remember correctly i attended 15 WGs without a win. Seems fun?

And now someone from horde DARE to cry about some "unfair" WG.

• Dislike 1
  • It sucks! 1

Freemind    1

We won simply because Ally didn't queue up and because well you sucked. Then apparently Blizzard threw buffs in ( i thought was Sunwell), that gave you HUGE advantages. Just because your side lacks interest in queueing for WG and doesn't want to try, shouldn't punish us for that. And im not complaining on you winning, im complaining on HOW you're winning. These buffs you guys got were HUGE. All 4 bases at start + 1 kill big siege? Thats insane. After 1 minute into the game you guys were charging with 16 sieges and still lose sometimes, somehow you were that awful. 

Xil    9

The main problem with WG is that It's WAY too easy to defend. As attacker you either cheese it early when a lot of enemy faction is in the south or you lose. It's impossible to do coordinated attacks with bunch of low IQ randoms. You whining over attackers getting advantage is pathetic because it would be ideal if attackers had more chances at winning than defenders but right now it's the other way around and it sucks. I'd say Sunwell should buff WG attackers more (nerf walls HP and buff tanks) so there would be more rotation in who owns WG.

Rozenkranc    7
48 minutes ago, Freemind said:

We won simply because Ally didn't queue up and because well you sucked. Then apparently Blizzard threw buffs in ( i thought was Sunwell), that gave you HUGE advantages. Just because your side lacks interest in queueing for WG and doesn't want to try, shouldn't punish us for that. And im not complaining on you winning, im complaining on HOW you're winning. These buffs you guys got were HUGE. All 4 bases at start + 1 kill big siege? Thats insane. After 1 minute into the game you guys were charging with 16 sieges and still lose sometimes, somehow you were that awful. 

SOME kind of balancing system has to exist, though (and we both know that Tenacity is more of a symbolic help, as numbers advantage greatly outclasses individual buffs). You can't reasonably expect people to suck up being locked out of a raid just because they liked Night Elf more on the character creation screen. We don't play video games to experience "life sucks, get used to it" moments, especially from the system.

Personal balancing opinion: There could be some tweaks there probably; thing I disagree with is the entire handicap persisting after a successful assault - after all, if an assault succeeded, then the core imbalance issue was successfully mitigated (access to VoA is granted) and thank you, that's all the system needs to do to not lock out a faction. Too much assistance for either side can feel like taking player agency away, especially assistance in defending.

Freemind    1
47 minutes ago, Xil said:

The main problem with WG is that It's WAY too easy to defend. As attacker you either cheese it early when a lot of enemy faction is in the south or you lose. It's impossible to do coordinated attacks with bunch of low IQ randoms. You whining over attackers getting advantage is pathetic because it would be ideal if attackers had more chances at winning than defenders but right now it's the other way around and it sucks. I'd say Sunwell should buff WG attackers more (nerf walls HP and buff tanks) so there would be more rotation in who owns WG.

Right, then how do you explain horde winning when we literally start with 0 bases captured? Also alliance gets that advantage no matter if they defend or attack. Read the link above from the first replier. 

@Rozenkranc Well atm its not a raid, its just 1 boss. But it is balanced, everyone has a chance to win. But if lets say as the other guy said, attack is to difficult. Then why can't there be overall balances to JUST attack for BOTH factions?  Why do only Alliance get (no matter if defend or attack depending on w/l) start with 4 bases + 1 kill siege, even in defense? How the hell do you expect horde to win that? 

Freemind    1

Also how much do u want blizzard to carry you? You just want free rewards with absolutely no effort right? Becasue Ally loses even with starting with 3 bases on attack. It honestly feels like you just want free wins without putting any effort in. You could might aswell play retail, you get participation rewards equal to winning or losing by now. And theres no blocking you out of content.....

Xavier    19
20 hours ago, Freemind said:

Alliance starts with all 4 bases if they attack, they get the big siege after 1 kill. Can we end the unfairness already? They're no longer less than us. Stop giving them handicaps because they can't win a fair WG, its pretty damn annoying. If we do manage to win somehow, when ally attack you see after like 1 minute 16 sieges just charging in when theres 25minutes left of the game. Like wtf??? 
Can we remove these? It's srsly not fair to the horde that they just play better most of the time. I get it when they were waaaay fewer than us, thats not the case anymore. 

Blizzard response:

spacer.png

Xil    9
On 12/6/2019 at 1:23 PM, Freemind said:

Right, then how do you explain horde winning when we literally start with 0 bases captured? Also alliance gets that advantage no matter if they defend or attack. Read the link above from the first replier. 

@Rozenkranc Well atm its not a raid, its just 1 boss. But it is balanced, everyone has a chance to win. But if lets say as the other guy said, attack is to difficult. Then why can't there be overall balances to JUST attack for BOTH factions?  Why do only Alliance get (no matter if defend or attack depending on w/l) start with 4 bases + 1 kill siege, even in defense? How the hell do you expect horde to win that? 

In what reality is capturing a WG base hard? If you walk up to it with 20-30 people you capture it almost instantly so who cares with how many bases you start? It doesn't make that big of a difference. The biggest advantage Alliance has right now is that you can SOMETIMES get max rank by killing just 1 horde member what can result in them building 12-16 tanks in the first minute and then attack when half of stupid orcs go for southern towers. That proves it's much easier to defend than attack - if orcs stayed in fortress instead they would easily defend even if 12-16 tanks were attacking unless they lost their wall cannons.

I'd admit though that it's the other way around in the morning when there are way less people in WG battles (not enough DPS to take down tanks fast enough) but when it's like 150 vs 150 or something tanks simply evaporate in half a second and that's not good. Maybe if vehicle HP scaled with number of players in a given battle it would be much better.

Edited by Xil
  • LOL 1