Sign in to follow this  
Azathothh

Cross-Faction Dungeon Finder poll

At which levels should Cross-Faction in Dungeon Finder be enabled?  

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. At which levels should Cross-Faction in Dungeon Finder be enabled?

• 15-58 only vanilla dungeons
    • 15-68 vanilla + tbc dungeons
    • 15-79 all dungeons except 80lvl

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/2019 at 07:00 AM

Azathothh    88

Hey, Sunwell!

We've listened to some of your suggestions regarding Dungeon Finder - how would we make finding dungeons even quicker? We don't want queue times to be too long and in order to make your gameplay more comfortable, we've decided to enable Cross-Faction Dungeon Finder for lower levels. It has been suggested multiple times already and we've thought it's not a bad idea after all. We could pull that off easily and that would reduce queue times during leveling! We don't want to interfere with 80 level gameplay, so that solution would be disabled at the max level. There's only one thing to decide: level bracket. At what levels should crossfaction DF work? Until 58 level, 68 or even 79? It's up for you to decide.

How it will work? Pretty much same as it's working right now, only difference you may notice is that you won't be able to trade with characters from opposite faction.

It is possible to vote until 05.07.2019 9:00 realm time, it's also date when Cross-Faction Dungeon Finder will be enabled for levels that you've chosen in this poll.

Take care!

Facemask    6

I would say yes for 1-79. In theory it almost doubles the "pop" just because you can count on ally side to join in group with you too. If you want lower times on RDF just do it. Hell i would add 80 HCs aswell. 

33 minutes ago, Facemask said:

I would say yes for 1-79. In theory it almost doubles the "pop" just because you can count on ally side to join in group with you too. If you want lower times on RDF just do it. Hell i would add 80 HCs aswell. 

Yeah, cross rdf is great idea but i think same, add 80hc's aswell please

Raven    0

More tank's wanted for leveling on DF would be much more better solution and resulted this problem ;) 

Edited by Raven

Azathothh    88

We were thinking about lvl 80 as well, but it may have too big impact on end game immersion - part of wow is based on conflict between horde/alliance, private servers communities are  quite small, so you can often meet same people at BGs, which can lead to some virtual friendships but also to some sort of hate of frustration when you have to deal with certain players (because you're losing against them in pvp/because you feel like they focus on you on bg for no reason/because they seem to don't like you for no reason/enter your own reason). If such players suddenly would have to co-operate with each other it may have negative impact on quality of such dungeons and therfore take away all fun from doing them.
I believe most of players would understand that it's for "greater good" and wouldn't have any problems with that, but such move most likely would have to be done with cross-faction battlegrounds in order to reduce effect of unfounded hate (unfounded from logical point of view - horde players are just doing everything so horde can win, and ally players are just doing everything so ally can win, and there's no reason to hate anyone for that) which i've mentioned earlier. Situation on bg looks quite ok now, alliance wins bit more BG's (nice statistics for pvp players will be available soon!) but results are quite balanced, so we don't want to completely remove one aspect of World of Warcraft - which is competition between factions, when there's no dire need for that.

Regards

• Like it! 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Bravo! 1

Bew    5

enable this for 80 as well, let the fuckers with the bad intentions you've mentioned above, suffer. Let the rest to get their dungeons and BGs to pop faster. 2-3 hr waiting is ridiculous. Thanks for implementing this change, I will be hoping that you will induce that for max lvl as well in the near future.