I've never played WOTLK before, I just hit 80 so I'm looking to get some decent guides to get started as an Enh Shaman.
I found the following:
All of these seem to agree about a few things when it comes to gear:
Make sure Hit And Expertise are Capped
17%- 446 hit rating.
16%- 420 hit rating (Draenei).
14%- 368 hit rating (Raid).
13%- 341 hit rating (Draenei Raid).
6.50%- 214 Expertise Rating or 26 Expertise
6.50%- 140 Expertise Rating (This is only if you have Unleashed Rage, which increases your Expertise by 9 (not rating). This will take dodge off of the table, and since you are attacking from behind, the mob will not be able to parry).
But after that I'm not so sure. I think it comes down to this:
Armor pen is a wasted stat on enhancement shamans.
Some say to give prio to Flame Shock, others don't even mention Flame Shock? I'm thinking somebody like this:
1) |Maelstrom Weapon x 5 stacks - Lightning Bolt
2) |Flame Shock
3) |Stormstrike if debuff not active
4) |Lightning Shield if not active
5) |Fire Elemental Totem
6) |Magma Totem if not active
7) |Feral Spirit
8) |Shamanistic Rage
9) |Earth Shock
11) |Lava Lash
12) |Fire Nova
13) |Magma Totem
14) |Lightning Shield
There are a couple of addons that just make our lives so much easier. They show which spell you should be using next.
- EnhaPrio: Clean, pretty easier to understand but doesn't show that much information. Editing the rotation can only be done in LUA files
- ShockAndAwe: More detailed, more information but not as "pretty" or easy to understand. Editing the rotation can be done in game.
What resources do you guys use? What's good gear to try and get before raiding starts?