Dear Sunwell Staff,
Please stop throttling NA players, we like to play the game too. Here's a few reasons why I believe you are throttling us:
- When throttling occurs, latency is not stable and tends to vary greatly. (more than +-100ms)
- When using a VPN from EU I get 120ms-130ms , When using no VPN i get 600ms-900ms (Been testing this for nearly a month)
- I used speedtest.net to connect to a server in Poland and tested the speed 3 times: 128ms, 123ms, 130ms. Yet on this server, which I understand is located in Poland, I get 600ms-900ms
- I enabled Leatrix Latency Fix, because of how it functions, even when it doesn't "work" it should result in a change of latency even to a small degree. I saw no change at all, meaning my drop in latency is coming from an outside source and not from me.
- People point out that, "My friend from US is playing just fine!" When a server throttles a region, they typically only effect 30%-50% of the networks in that region because of the differences in network configurations. It's difficult to make a "works on all" button for something that can have so many different and complex varieties.
I am expecting to see a GM post saying something along the lines of, "We're not throttling NA, it's on your end." and while it is true that none of this is 100% proof that you guys are throttling NA, I have spent the last hour testing and making sure it's not on my end.
I see SERVER posts bragging about having 5300 and 5400 players online. Maybe the server hardware cannot handle that load?
If you guys are throttling NA, I think you should be open and honest about it and make an announcement when you do so that we can move on and do something else while you guys are trying to conserve resources.
Edit: couple of spelling and grammar mistakes