• Announcements

• Dredd

Change your passwords!   04/27/2018

All the players who played on Light's Hope and Memories are requested to change their passwords immediately. Two Factor Authentication is also advised. https://streamable.com/i4q5a
    • MrCulé

Join Angrathar's Group on Facebook and like Sunwell's Fanpage!   06/04/2018

Join Angrathar group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/546505248864228/  Like our Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/SunwellProject/
Sicknot

Suggestion: Increase exp rates x2 for 70-80

Sicknot    2

As the tittle suggest

The argument would be that it's pointless to have the x1 on the 70 to 80 bracket since the "race" to Realm First is over. It would seriously be a more attractive feature for new players
Being sincere, my personal reason is that the x1 grind is soul crushing,i have a job, i study, i have a partner and a little me time. BUT im almost pretty sure that if this comes to consideration it wouldn't benefit me because if accepted and applied to the server i wouldn' be right now.
So i would like your opinion on this subject, and if the staff is willing to consider this (going x2 from lvl 1 to 80) or i just get a plain no from sunwell i would like the most honest reply for why you believe it shouldn't be applied, because it might lead me to believe that the reason is "dark".

Thank you

Edited by Sicknot
  • Like it! 1

Ronin    11

While we at it pls increase gold rates because I still don't have 280% flying and can't farm gold due to full time job. Get your shit together staff! I want something. since it's clear that it will be very attractive feature for new and old player. New players who are leveling with 2x/4x rates will be able to buy all necessary skills and riding since with current rates they are clearly not getting required gold in appropriate rate. Players who already leveled will benefit as well, not only they'll get more gold in Northrend but also they will be able to walk through capital city without constant whispers "5g for skillz pls"

Edited by Ronin
  • Dislike 1

Sicknot    2
29 minutes ago, Ronin said:

While we at it pls increase gold rates because I still don't have 280% flying and can't farm gold due to full time job. Get your shit together staff! I want something.

What a shitty attitude, i gave a objetive reason and also another personal. You know you can buy exp boost right? It's not like am asking for gibs.

Slippery slope is not an argument, fucking anime posters

• Dislike 1

Rastadude    2

Man yeh it kinda sucks when you level at higher rates and then you don't get enough gold or even in some cases not enough gear to porcesed to the new zone (like it's case with rates higher than 3) but there is always a solution. They gave us option to get leveling rates to the blizzlike x1 by a simple chat command,that way you will level slowly yes but there will be no problems with gathering gold.Another good solution is leveling a profession,you can get gold even on early stages by selling minerals/herbs with gathering professions or you could even roll for something like skinning/lw and sell low level green items on AH,that way you will always have gold for things like mounts,bags,spells etc. 

Cheers m8

Sicknot    2
1 hour ago, Rastadude said:

Man yeh it kinda sucks when you level at higher rates and then you don't get enough gold or even in some cases not enough gear to porcesed to the new zone (like it's case with rates higher than 3) but there is always a solution. They gave us option to get leveling rates to the blizzlike x1 by a simple chat command,that way you will level slowly yes but there will be no problems with gathering gold.Another good solution is leveling a profession,you can get gold even on early stages by selling minerals/herbs with gathering professions or you could even roll for something like skinning/lw and sell low level green items on AH,that way you will always have gold for things like mounts,bags,spells etc. 

Cheers m8

wat

behindbars    0

I totally get where slicknot is coming from. And indeed. Since there's no race to 80 it would make sense that an x2 server is x2 throughout the game. It's bad enough that as soon as you hit level 70 you need close to 1.5kk exp to level up. But getting less exp than what you were getting at lvl 65-70 is madness. You're basically leveling up at 1/4 the rate you were before. I'm seriously thinking of stopping playing on this server because of this. And inb4 "But some people like to play blizzlike x1". That's what the command is for. I'm lvl 76 btw (thank god for the x3 event) and I can't stand it for even 1 more level. It's kind of sad actually because I'm leaning towards believing that it's more of a donation related decision by Admin.

Edit: I guess there was a poll where some people talked nonsense about having this feature. Time for a change maybe?

Edited by behindbars

Brissa    0

I was very surprised when I hit lvl 70 and my exp rate changed to x1. At the beginning I thought its some kind of bug or something and maybe I had to use some command to enable x2 again? But sadly no :(

I tried to level at x1 but after 4 hours of gameplay I was halfway through level I gave up for a while. This is so painful that I am actually waiting for exp boost event to continue leveling my 70lvl char, meanwhile I started leveling my alts

This is just too damn slow ...

Edited by Brissa

Antik    6
On 2/18/2018 at 2:34 PM, Sicknot said:

What a shitty attitude, i gave a objetive reason and also another personal. You know you can buy exp boost right? It's not like am asking for gibs.

Slippery slope is not an argument, fucking anime posters

You gave an opinion based on your experience.

I know people who do 70 to 80 in less than a week (3 days /played) I do it in less than 4 /played. If time is such an issue play more efficiently for yourself. [That's objective.]