Sign in to follow this  
Parkour

79 Twink Thread - General Discussion/Promotion

Parkour    23

I felt that the 79 thread which was placed under Player vs Player -> Twinks wasn't representative enough of Sunwell as a whole as the bracket is more active than level 80s and is extremely fun.

Generally

70-79 pvp is very active.
Some of the details for newcomers or simply players interested in what the pvp life here looks like:

Battlegrounds
-----------------

Call to Arms
* 4 days
: friday, saturday, sunday, monday. CTA battleground changes every week.
* battlegrounds pop all day long (with the exception of AV, peple seem to dislike it, so it pops rarely, usually just 2-3 WSGs going on simultaneously instead)
* on those days WSG pops happen as well (different periods, usually late night or occasionally during day if some people choose to take a CTA bg break)

Non-CTA days
* 3 days
: tuesday, wednesday, thursday
* Warsong Gulch (battleground pops usually start at 08:00 st until 1-2 am, often 2 simultaneous at a time)

Twinking guilds
------------------
Alliance
: 2 Twink Guilds
* Phantom Troupe (https://sunwell.pl/armory/Angrathar/guild/Phantom Troupe)
* Rest in Peace (https://sunwell.pl/armory/Angrathar/guild/Rest in Peace)

Horde: 2 Twink Guilds
* Fatality (https://sunwell.pl/armory/Angrathar/guild/Fatality)

* Dzika Banda (https://sunwell.pl/armory/Angrathar/guild/Dzika Banda)

Whisper leaders/members for details

FAQ
------
I want to make a twink, what faction should I choose?
Depending on which class you plan to roll could shift the balance between factions or help it greatly.

Heres an outline of what each faction needs most at the moment:

Alliance - Protection Warriors/Death Knights/Healers (general)

Horde - Caster DPS such as Mages/Locks/Elemental Shamans

Can't stress how much alliance currently needs protection warriors especially as they are short of a frontline.

Is it more active than 80 pvp?
I see 70-79 bg pop messages more often than I see 80. They are either similar or slightly different with the advantage of the former. It's best to /who 70-79 "name of the bg" during the day to make your own conclusions or simply pay attention to the chat broadcast messages throughout the day since they are the best indicator!

How long does it take to gear up?
It depends on many factors such as:
- the class you want to play
- the role you want to play (healer / flag carry / glass cannon dps / dps with a bit resi)
- the idea you have for your character
Examples (they are hints, not must-follows):
* healers - gearing up is quicker since they use the craftable savage 78 sets or mix it with Brutal in order to stack resillience
* glass cannon rogue - BiS (Best in Slot) gear is obtained from high tier The Burning Crusade raids (most sockets, most AP)

Both factions run Sunwell Plateau/Black Temple weekly, so obtaining items from TBC raid content depends mostly on your luck with rolls!
If you need items from other raids, twink raid leaders are always happy to host them for you! (I CAN SPEAK FOR ALLIANCE, BUT I BET HORDE HELPS AS WELL!)

P.S If you dislike TBC raids, there's plenty of WOTLK items coming from 77-80 dungeons or Northrend factions that will satisfy you just fine and make you powerful enough!

What professions should I level up?
Depends! Engineering is the most popular one and much more useful in the 70-79 bracket than it is in 80 pvp.
Secondary professions vary, be welcome to investigate people in armory if you want patterns or simply whisper us in game! 

But.. what's the purpose of playing 79?
We all do that for different reasons!

-Classes are more balanced at 79 as they are on 80, if someone wants to hit like a truck they must be a glass canon.
- battlegrounds are active, most time of the day "queue and get a pop"
- gearing is more creative, brings something new to your pvp lives if you only played the 80 scene
- number 79 looks fantastic

I'd like to thank Soslammed for much of the effort going into this post/ much was adapted from a similar thread in Subcategory 'Twinks'.