Sign in to follow this  
bourne2play

I need to rant

bourne2play    0

For whatever reason, trinkets in this expansion are very difficult to come by. Add to that the fact that it's extremely hard gearing up a fresh 80 tank. Dps can throw on some pvp gear and have their ilevel high enough to queue for heroics. If tanks did that, groups wipe. So I have to do it the hard way to get my toon geared enough to be able to do heroics. 

I've been grinding out normal HoL and normal ToC5 for a chance at those tanking trinkets so I can finally start tanking heroics. I swear I know those two dungeons like the back of my hand by now. I must've run them 50+ times. 

Finally the tanking trinket from the final boss at HoL drops, and here comes a ninja dps who rolls need on it and gets it. 

Why in the world does that not break any server rules? It's hard enough as it is gearing up a tank and now I need to compete with dps on gear that has 3% drop rate? 

This is beyond frustrating. At this rate, I could run dungeons indefinitely , and still never get any tanking trinkets, and never be able to raid. 

It should be against server rules to roll need in a dungeon for an item for a different spec than the spec you queued in the dungeon in. 

At this point, I have no motivation to continue playing at all. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Antik    75
On 12/11/2018 at 1:33 PM, bourne2play said:

muh tanks have it hard!!!! reeee reeee reeeee

Cry more. Loot is by and far equal to drop for each piece and is spread out evenly.

On 12/11/2018 at 1:33 PM, bourne2play said:

muh ninja, muh gear, mine mine mine mine

He did just as much work in the instance as you. He deserves each piece of gear he can equip as you. Why is it necessarily your loot? That's ridiculous and sounds like something an impetuous, entitled child would demand.

• Dislike 1

Tiryan    1
On 12/11/2018 at 8:33 PM, bourne2play said:

Finally the tanking trinket from the final boss at HoL drops, and here comes a ninja dps who rolls need on it and gets it. 

Why in the world does that not break any server rules?

i left retail years ago for the exact same reason... running a particular 5-man for a specific drop only to have it stolen by someone else. That guy already got the battered hilt for quel'delar but still rolled need again on another (worse) weapon that didn't even fit his spec. Confronted about it he just stated that he'd use the sword on one of his alts. Afterwards I got kicked because he and two others of the party belonged to the same guild. 

and to top it off, they were carried by me. I had way worse gear but also leading on dps by a huge margin. 

awesome experiences indeed. 

4 hours ago, Antik said:

Cry more. Loot is by and far equal to drop for each piece and is spread out evenly.

He did just as much work in the instance as you. He deserves each piece of gear he can equip as you. Why is it necessarily your loot? That's ridiculous and sounds like something an impetuous, entitled child would demand.

first of all this entire response and the way you quoted him shows your lack of manners and maturity. good job. 

and regarding your other points. 

you have no clue how much work he did compared to the remaining party members. And it does not even matter in the situation that he described. 

the item that he is most likely referring to is "seal of the pantheon"

4zuqz0q.png

the only justification to roll on that when you are not tanking is when the tank already has something equal or better in both slots. In any other case you should be punished. If it were possible and I had the power I'd deny you any loot in your next 10 dungeons/raid. 

If you do this to a couple people this issue would solve itself and no-one would feel the need to be selfish for no reason at all. 

Edited by Tiryan

nimeralos    51

It's somewhat subtle. When I farmed ToC normal, I queued as tank/DPS, and when I popped in as a DPS time to time, I still expected to be able to roll on Black Heart. Because well, I could just queue as a tank to avoid any confusion, but I wouldn't mind occasional competition.

"You need it - you roll on it" rule works fine, as long as people are ready to talk and understand what items they need.

By the way, the idea to get decent preraid tanking trinkets is admirable, but, like others said, they're nowhere near necessary. I also don't agree that gearing a tank is difficult. You're getting instant queues after all!

Antik    75
On 12/12/2018 at 7:20 PM, Tiryan said:

first of all this entire response and the way you quoted him shows your lack of manners and maturity. good job. 

Oh no. Have I offended you?

you have no clue how much work he did compared to the remaining party members.

Sure I do. Per instance the same amount of work as everyone else who was present and putting forth effort.

In any other case you should be punished. If it were possible and I had the power I'd deny you any loot in your next 10 dungeons/raid.  

A 10man raid punishment for a low level 5man issue?

Grow up please. The world owes you nothing.

Edited by Antik
  • Dislike 2

Tiryan    1
3 hours ago, Antik said:

Oh no. Have I offended you?

Sure I do. Per instance the same amount of work as everyone else who was present and putting forth effort.
A 10man raid punishment for a low level 5man issue?

Grow up please. The world owes you nothing.

so what you are saying is basically... you are one of those people that claim as long as a dungeon is finished everything's fine. According to your mindset it does not matter how well everyone participates and how much they contribute to the success. 

quick heads-up for you: it does matter. 

you are wasting everyone's time if you do not contribute as much as you could. If you play dps and don't care about priority lists or rotations you suck and you do not deserve dungeon rewards as someone who actually took the time & effort to get the most out of his class. 

actual example: if you join as feral and only spam mangle for the duration of the entire run (i.e. not a single shred/rake) and use your CP on bosses for ferocious bite instead of rip... you suck. 

retail (i.e. blizzard servers) has dps checks and those players are actively working against a success by wasting a player slot, wasting their gear and thus wasting the time of their team.

therefore "He did just as much work in the instance as you. He deserves each piece of gear he can equip as you." as you stated above is just an unreasonable assumption and in most cases wrong. 

you are not automatically entitled to every piece of loot you can equip just by joining the dungeon/raid.

but that's not the point, you are defending people who roll on items that they can equip but get next to no benefit out of... and they probably do this because of spite/jealousy.

if you join a group you DO owe them something. That's why staff of this server decided to punish ninja looters. It's restricted to raids, yes... but that's probably only because it would be way too much work to handle and also harder to report/analyse correctly if it applied to dungeons aswell. It's also the reason why blizzard implemented the deserter debuff. It's poorly designed but the intent is there.

it does not better if you are a jerk to your team in a 5, 10, 25, 40 man raid. obviously.

judging by the lack of your arguments and the way you articulate your responses... you are pretty much in no position to tell others to "grow up". 

Edited by Tiryan

Antik    75
2 hours ago, Tiryan said:

According to your mindset it does not matter how well everyone participates and how much they contribute to the success. 

Literally the opposite of what I said. Remainder of  blog-post ignored.

• Dislike 1