The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
TechnoMulen

Lets discuss one of the Sunwell rules - Punishment for botting/flyhacking

TechnoMulen    6

Aparently botters does not get perm banned on this server. They get 7 days. (the first time)  

https://imgur.com/57uJntt

I disagree with Dredd that banning botters and cheaters is being nazi. 
No botter has done it to help other players or the health of the server. 
The only one bennefitting from botting is the botter. Its egoistic and rude to other people spending hours and hours grinding or leveling. 
Sunwell does not want the server to be a P2W seerver or a goldsellers place, but at the same time they do not really ban the people making the gold to sell or gaining an unfair advantage (indirect P2W via botting) 

Please discuss - should the rules be changed to Perm ban for botting/flyhacking and similar? 

• Like it! 1

nimeralos    51

I mean, in an ideal world, it's be ok - next time they try to bot they get a longer ban.

In reality, next time they might sneak under the radar.

Perma for all botters/cheaters/hackers is the only sensible solution. No fair player needs them to be given a second chance.

Then maaaybe, if it's someone who've been clean for a long time  but then made a "mistake", in certain situations, the ban time can be lowered to, say, a month after an appeal.

P.S. It's not anyhow nazi indeed. It would be nazi if it's something minor - perma for safespotting in Gadzgetzan would be too much. But botting is a serious offense that can't be done "occasionally". 

Edited by nimeralos
  • Like it! 1

Bonie    0
7 hours ago, nimeralos said:

Perma for all botters/cheaters/hackers is the only sensible solution. No fair player needs them to be given a second chance.

Then maaaybe, if it's someone who've been clean for a long time  but then made a "mistake", in certain situations, the ban time can be lowered to, say, a month after an appeal.

P.S. It's not anyhow nazi indeed. It would be nazi if it's something minor - perma for safespotting in Gadzgetzan would be too much. But botting is a serious offense that can't be done "occasionally". 

What about the cases where you are just accused of botting and banned straight to oblivion for no actual reason? An appeal only get's the thing to a month? Seriously, i would love to se the actions taken from GM's to actually verify who's botting and who's not. Just a suspicion is enough on this server to get a ban and treated as the most wanted criminal in the history of mankind. And even after you proof (yea, you need to proof them wrong and not the vice versa, coz GM's are allways right aye? ) you are still treated as a botter. In all common sense of judgement and law's, you are not guilty until proven so, and that is to the accusor to do not the accused. Having waterproof evidence of some one botting is crucial for the transparency for a ruler(GM's) othervice it will just feel as a god complex kid who will do what ever he pleases.

nimeralos    51
5 hours ago, Bonie said:

What about the cases where you are just accused of botting and banned straight to oblivion for no actual reason? An appeal only get's the thing to a month?

Of course, I didn't mean it. An appeal after which it turns out the person wasn't botting should remove the ban with apologies and probably even some bonus (e.g. free x3 for a day or a few).

Unjust bans are a completely different issue, and I don't think they can be a reason to justify short bans for an actual offense.

5 hours ago, Bonie said:

Seriously, i would love to se the actions taken from GM's to actually verify who's botting and who's not

I'm pretty sure they just teleport you around, and if you continue grinding/fishing then it's clear you're a bot. Of course, mistakes might happen (if it's a tired or newbie GM), but I'm pretty sure they're rare. I think they have an internal videoproof (of course, not shared with the public to reduce the possibility of botters adjusting to their methods), and yea you need to have a degree of trust in the GMs team.

The botters I've reported were very blatant - no newbie would grind in such a robotic manner. But I hope GMs have made some extra checks just to be 100% sure.

Edited by nimeralos

Rogueboy    0

Wow.. this nazi thing is everywhere. Also if it doenst make any scence! :D wow thats sooo crazy... the nazi thing also reaches WOW private servers :D

i know what i am talking about.. i am german :D

Nadiir    110
On 12/10/2018 at 1:38 PM, nimeralos said:

Seriously, i would love to se the actions taken from GM's to actually verify who's botting and who's not

We can't say for obvious reasons. But I can say that humans do verify that someone is botting. 

As far as the 7 day punishment what I can say about that is that we use the 7 day punishment for the most minimal of cases. In cases where the botting was excessive, characters owned by goldselling companies, botting which affects other players ability to play the game, we reserve the right to punish for longer. (And in most of the cases I listed, they are permanent bans.)

Furthermore, the GM team has a system in place to review botters and ex-botters. 

I will bring up with Administration our policy on botters. Thanks.

Eclipse    3

Gold sellers are very crafty people, it wouldnt really matter if it was a 7 day ban or perma ban. they will just creat new accounts and vps to hide ips. it will be a constant cat and mouse game.  YOu could also looking into the possiblity  of banning certain countries (a bit extreme but an option, but china and russia i beleieve cant really use vps?)

A better solution would be to to restrict the chat channels, mail box, ah until a certain level.  I know this server restricts  chat until 10, i beliebe this should a little higher maybe 15.  You could also retrict  opening trades with people or inviting people people until lv 15. 

It wont stop all gold sellers but at least you are wasting there time leveling every time to 15 before they can do anything.