The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
MrCulé

Fall of the Lich King | Wrathful Gladiator Season - Angrathar

Costin    5
3 hours ago, Graal said:

Howdy,

There are some valuable posts which we agree with. After further discussion, we have decided on the following:

• ToGC 25 Boost will be lifted after release of the last ICC Wing (16th January)
  • ICC 25 HC Boost will be tougher than you expect. We're not afraid after Ulduar, but after 3-months of cries on Feronis, that ICC is too hard, etc. we simply didn't want to overtune it. But ok, if you really want it you will have it. Every 25 HC boss will be boosted and we will not tell you about the changes we did. It's up for you to discover, to make it more challenging. We won't change timers to not ruin urs addons. #Malygos
  • Shadowfrost Shard drop rate on Normal set to 5%, on Heroic - 30%.
  • We have to explain the attempts once more, because not everybody understood it as we wanted.
    There is no attempt limit on Normal. In Heroic version, there's total of 15 attempts (in total) for 4 bosses: Professor, BQL, Sindragosa and LK. If you waste all 15 attempts, it will make Normal bosses disappear as well, but if you leave at least 1 attempt on Heroic, you can wipe Normal as much as you want. 15 attempts for 4 final bosses of the expansion doesn't seem like an exaggeration for us. We can talk about expanding the attempt limit if it's proven really necessary.

Cheers

How in the bloody world do you think this a good idea? Like at all?

Valuable posts from whom exactly? Who wants this really? This is pure nonsense, especially on the buffing part and limited attempts, but sure go ahead with it. After having to farm that terrible raid of TOGC for months, along with waiting an entire month from now to get HC to this? Yeah this is going to be a fun and solid raiding experience.

Not really.

Edited by Costin

Furyxgodx    4

Well i was first person, who wanted to buff icc heroic on Feronis, but after repairing boss mechanics + buffing Prof/Sindi/Bql/LK it was realy hard to kill them. I mean there were only two guilds, that could even touch lich king, and after two months of progressing him and 6 murns in raid it was nearly impossible to kill it. Other guilds just stop playing, so if u want to share Feronise fate and let ppl leave Angrathar just buff them even more.

If shadowmourn is problem on arenas, then block proc, or whole weapon for first T8 season, and let people collect it instead of punishing many players because of few pvp "glads".

Shame on u sunwell team, i thought that Angrathar would live longer than Feronis, but your decisions making it impossible atm. Keep listening ppl who's playing on +30% with bugged encounters that icc is too easy ;_;

Edited by Furyxgodx
  • Like it! 1
  • Perfect! 1
  • Bravo! 2

• Shadowfrost Shard will drop only from 25-Man version of Icecrown Citadel. Drop chance on 25-N equals 37.5%, on Heroic it equals 75% per boss.
  • Trial of the Grand Crusader: Another important change will be ToC. Trial of the Grand Crusader will be nerfed back to it's normal state with Icecrown Citadel release 

HAHAHA this going to be another private melee server :D 

• Dislike 1

Nico    5
28 minutes ago, sjoerdthebestt said:
  • Shadowfrost Shard will drop only from 25-Man version of Icecrown Citadel. Drop chance on 25-N equals 37.5%, on Heroic it equals 75% per boss.
  • Trial of the Grand Crusader: Another important change will be ToC. Trial of the Grand Crusader will be nerfed back to it's normal state with Icecrown Citadel release 

HAHAHA this going to be another private melee server :D

It's, changed "Shadowfrost Shard drop rate on Normal set to 5%, on Heroic - 30%." and nerf will be on 19th january.

hijako    14
23 hours ago, Artar said:

I don't think this "fix" would be a problem for twinks, as they would fight more balanced matches (no more crappy levelers in their teams), but nonetheless i wonder: is twinking actually healthy for the server? How important is the leveling experience and the gear balancing compared to the twinks' "owning levelers" satisfaction? And also, is low bracket  Bgs twinking (especially 70-79) becoming preferred to level 80 BG PvP, and are we sure that is good for the server?

Please just put this on testing for a week or two; we'll all see that this is doable and great for hundreds of levelers and for the PVP balancing

yes, that sounds fair, for 1 month for example just to see how it goes.

If anything, 79 twinks can still participate in Wintergrasp for example

• Like it! 1

Artar    5
5 hours ago, hijako said:

yes, that sounds fair, for 1 month for example just to see how it goes.

If anything, 79 twinks can still participate in Wintergrasp for example

Yeah. Let's just hope the staff doesn't ignore this suggestion. 

Also, please, make pet classes enter in combat when they send their pets. 

Miroy    0

ICC 25 HC Boost will be tougher than you expect

I'm really really afraid for this changes. Icc 25h is already very very hard. I thought you boosted the old raids because the classes were much stronger since everybody is playing on 3.3.5. But for icc everything is well balanced. Even on retail Lich King was only killed with the 5% buff by Paragon after months of trying. I thought you might increase the health of some bosses or do other minor "buffs" but new mechanics and this much tuning is not necessary in my opinion.

Shadowfrost Shard drop rate on Normal set to 5%, on Heroic - 30%

We are not a hardcore guild and took a few IDs until we reached Anub 25 HC, so I wanted to calculate this for our guild. 
If we clear everything in the first month, this means we killed 24 (4 + 4 + 7 + 9) Bosses in normal Mode. This would be equal to an average drop of 1,2 Shards (1,2 /50)

We will probably continue clearing normal mode for another month since hard modes might be to difficult without icc25 gear. This means we will kill 48 Bosses in the second month which equals 2,4 Shards. This means we would get about 3,6 Shards after 2 full months of raiding and clearing the content in normal mode. 3,6/50 shards.

Now imagine that we start with heroic mode and will clear every ID one additional boss in HM and also clear the whole raid afterwards. 

So 10 Bosses (1 + 2 + 3 + 4) with 0.3 chance and 38 Bosses with 0.05 chance would equal 4.9 Shards after the third month.

Next month: 26 Bosses (5 + 6 + 7 + 8 ) with 0.3 and 22 Bosses with 0.05 would equal 8.9 Shards after the fourth month.

next month: 42 (9 + 10 + 11 + 12) with 0.3 and 6 Bosses with 0.05 would equal 12.9 Shards after the fifth month.

next month 48 Bosses with 0.3 chance would equal 14.4 Shards in the 6th month.

So after half a year of raiding with constant progress (which I don't think will be that smooth if icc will be tuned that much) we will get in total around 44.7 shards (1,2 + 2,4 + 4,9 + 8,9 + 12.9 + 14.4). This means that not even one of our melees will get SM after half a year of constantly raiding. 

Please correct me if my math is wrong but this doesn't sound reasonable for me.

One quick note. If a guild will kill every heroic boss at the first possible time then this elite guild will still need around 4 1/2 months to get their first SM. And I think that this will be quit impossible even for our best guilds on this server.

Marphel    0

One half of people crying if its 37% and 75% drop, and other half cries if its 5% and 30%...... You really think people will instantly have SM in like 1 month? 99% of players on private servers donate for Shadowlolurne.

Edited by Marphel