The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
MrCulé

Fall of the Lich King | Wrathful Gladiator Season - Angrathar

MrCulé    220

1.   Dungeons

On Friday, 14th December, three Icecrown Dungeons are going to be released: Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection. These dungeons were rewritten and corrected by Afgann and Riztazz. Their state is absolute perfect. The best motivation to farm these dungeons? Let's take a look!

2.   3.3 Patch

The final date of 3.3 content release is 19th December 2018. We'll write down important details regarding that date:

General Changes

• Icecrown Citadel is open! You may change difficulty inside the raid and it changes only the encounters.
  • Addition of Toravon the Ice Watcher in Vault of Archavon in both 10-Man and 25-Man versions. 
  • Taunt - Diminishing Returns: rewrite of popular Taunt DR, which is going to be reduced by 35%, not 50%, which will make reaching taunt immunity way harder on various encounters.
  • Removal of daily heroic quests from Archmage Lan'dalock and daily dungeon trash mob quests from Archmage Timear. 
  • Addition of Random Heroic Dungeon rewards: the first random heroic will grant you 2x Emblem of Frost, the next ones 2x Emblem of Triumph. The first random normal dungeon will award 2x Emblem of Triumph, and the next ones won't award any Emblems.
  • Heroic Dungeons completed through Random Dungeon Finder won't have lockouts, you may farm them infinitely (through Random, not Specific).
  • Addition of 12 weekly quests at Archamge Lan'dalock. They will reset along with raid lockout reset.
  • You can no longer earn Proof of Demise and Timear Foresees achievements.

Raids and Dungeons

1. Emblem Loot System:
  • Icecrown Citadel (10/25) will yield Emblems of Frost, 2x per boss.
  • All raids and dungeons that dropped Emblems of Conquest (all dungeons, Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum, The Eye of Eternity, Ulduar, etc) are going to yield Emblems of Triumph in the same quantity as previous emblems.
  • Weekly quest reward (killing a raid boss) will award 5x Emblem of Frost and 5x Emblem of Triumph. This weekly quest will reset every Wednesday

2. Dungeons:

• The Nexus: Anomalus will cast Create Rift only once (50% hp).
  • The Old Kingdom: Elder Nadox will summon Ahn'Kahar Guardiana only once (50% hp).

Professions

1. Addition of new recipes from Icecrown Citadel: Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, Tailoring and Engineering.

2. Alchemy:

3. Jewelcrafting:

4. Mining

5. Tailoring

Items

PvP

Resets

3.   Icecrown Citadel  &  Trial of the Grand Crusader

The long awaited, final raid of Wrath of the Lich King.  19th of December 2018 will mark the opening of the Icecrown Citadel. In order to enter Heroic version, you need to defeat King Kong on his respective normal version (10/25). Wings are going to be gated like on retail, however, we'll do that in shorter timespan. Just like Blizzard did, we've decided to put the same attempt limit on wing final bosses. The attempt limit will be set to 15 Attempts and shared between Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa and the Lich King. Deathbringer Saurfang is the only boss (from quarter finals) without attempt limit. If you waste all your attempts on Heroic on a certain boss, you will no longer be able to fight him on Normal version for the whole week. You need to have at least 1 attempt to try Normal and kill the boss (without any attempt limit). The releasing schedule looks like this (10/25):

• 14.12.2018 - Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection opens.
  • 19.12.2018 - Icecrown Citadel opens - The Lower Spire (Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, Gunship Battle oraz Deathbringer Saurfang)
  • 19.12.2018 - Wrathful Season begins!
  • 02.01.2019 - Icecrown Citadel opens - Plagueworks (Festergut, Rotface, Professor Putricide)
  • 09.01.2019 - Icecrown Citadel opens - Crimson Hall (Blood Prince Council, Blood-Queen Lana'thel)
  • 16.01.2019 - Icecrown Citadel opens - Frostwing Halls and Frozen Throne (Valithria Dreamwalker, Sindragosa and Lich King)

1911994520_raidlista2.thumb.png.da69d8d7df0a58c3d0fbefc04be778f6.png

Perhaps you know in Icecrown Citadel u can gain additional buff: Hellscream's Warsong or Strength of Wrynn. On release, these buffs will be enabled only on 10 Normal version (Raid Leader would have an option to disable it).

• 10 Normal - Hellscream's Warsong & Strength of Wrynn + 10%
  • 10 Heroic - no buff, The Lich King is slightly boosted.
  • 25 Normal - no buff
  • 25 Heroic - no buff, bosses are boosted.

We will be watching your struggle with normal version of Icecrown Citadel, we'll set and announce proper boost before you start your Heroic journey. Hoping it's going to be the most polished and balanced raid on Angrathar. Some misc info:

• Gunship Battle will have 3 cannons in 25-Man version, and it will deal 1000 Siege damage from Cannon Blast (down from 1.5k), due to pre-nerf change.
  • Shadowfrost Shard will drop only from 25-Man version of Icecrown Citadel. Drop chance on 25-N equals 37.5%, on Heroic it equals 75% per boss.
  • Trial of the Grand Crusader: Another important change will be ToC. Trial of the Grand Crusader will be nerfed back to it's normal state with Icecrown Citadel release (19.12.2018).

4.   Summary of Relentless Gladiator and Wrathful Season Release

Relentless Gladiator Season - Rules

•  In order to be able to receive a reward, the difference between the player and his teammate cannot be higher than 150. Teams with one member won't be considered to end season rewards.
  • In order for a team to be awarded, it needs at least 10 played arenas in the last arena week before the season's last arena point flush.
  • Teams with vulgar, racist or insulting names won't be considered to end season rewards.
  • Before receiving rewards, we will check arena logs searching for wintrading and the players will be checked in the means of illegal software

Relentless Gladiator season ends on 19th December at 9:00 GMT+1 - at this time we'll make a copy of database and make a summary of results. 

Wrathful Gladiator season starts on 19th Decembet at 18:00 GMT+1. 

Rewards will be added within 1-2 weeks. 

Vaxsysl    15

While I understand your decision to try to be blizzlike, having Shadowmourne be farmable by absolute plebs you have considerably reduced Agranthar's lifespan. A shame really, my gaming pals have had a nice time here. No need to reply MrCule, I'm just sad. Thank you for the realm and farewell in due time.

• Like it! 2

MrCulé    220
13 minutes ago, Vaxsysl said:

While I understand your decision to try to be blizzlike, having Shadowmourne be farmable by absolute plebs you have considerably reduced Agranthar's lifespan. A shame really, my gaming pals have had a nice time here. No need to reply MrCule, I'm just sad. Thank you for the realm and farewell in due time.

I'll talk about this issue with @Graal and @Azathothh

• Perfect! 1

toucem    1
49 minutes ago, MrCulé said:

Just like Blizzard did, we've decided to put the same attempt limit on wing final bosses. The attempt limit will be set to 15 Attempts and shared between Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa and the The Lich King. Deathbringer Saurfang is the only boss (from quarter finals) without attempt limit. If you waste all your attempts on Heroic on a certain boss, you will no longer be able to fight him on Normal version for the whole week. You need to have at least 1 attempt to try Normal and kill the boss (without any attempt limit)

To clarify this, we will have attemp limit both in HC and Normal mode that it will be shared between those two. So f.e if we waste all of our attemps on normal 25 ICC we won't able to fight with quarter final bosses in 25 ICC hc and vise versa?

Vaxsysl    15
55 minutes ago, MrCulé said:

I'll talk about this issue with @Graal and @Azathothh

Thank you. The solution I consider best is to have it only drop from 25 heroic, and only appear in the loot table if the buff is disabled (once it gets implemented). Otherwise, anyone who gets a pug group going can get Shadowmourne in matter of few months. Count the different pug raids that would eventually happen and the number of Shadowmournes it will eventually spawn, especially so when time goes by and alts get 264/277 geared and 25nm gets full LK puggable and the number just keeps expanding.

Let me use my former guild as an example. I was one of the prominent members (higher officer, raid lead and more). Due to my three month break I was moved from 1st position to 3rd on Shadowfrost Shard farmlist. I got Shadowmourne after three months; which was five months after ICC release. And I am not exaggerating when I say that over thirty players the the weapon from the guild in the span of a year and over seventy before I quit the server.

To give you further perspective, consider the number of guilds that can run ICC 25 normal, and heroic (and those that will in due time) - and multiply it by the amount you know.

And now add the pug raids that happen.... the number is big, is it not? For a weekly basis that will drag on until, is considerable.

Experience boost can be purchased in the shop and you are hosting a plenty of EXP events. Players have numerous alts and one alt can get Primordial Saronite weekly simply by doing daily RDF, raid weekly and Toravon. You have five 80s? It's five weeks of simple playing of the game to get primordials, not counting any dropped in raids or purchased from other players. The bloods are not that difficult to obtain (any pug with decent raid lead won't get stopped by Saurfang), you farm some trash for the souls and voila, Shadowfrost Shard farm can begin.

And how does that amount of Shadowmournes affect both the server and the PvP community could be elaborated, and I am hesitant to even begin recalling the atmosphere on the server and to try to elaborate it to you readers.

Personal story that tipped my edge:
I got Shadowmourne on my human warrior with double dps trinkets (eww). It was not long after in PvP that I intercepted Wrathful warlock with Recklessness active, got all procs (DBW, WFS, Berserking, AV ring, SM final buff proc) that got my AP above 10k and I killed both him and his Discipline Priest partner before I even finished spinning. That was the moment when I contemplated deleting the weapon and almost did it, being held back by the fact that whole guild helped me get it. It was placed in bank and it collected a lot of dust before I left the server forever few months after when all you saw in BGs were purple skulls levitating around their Shadowmourne wielders and arena got way too cancerous to play.

There are bad sides to having SM limited only to top guilds, but it is way healthier for the whole community in general compared to having it farmable by virtually anyone instead.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Vaxsysl
Typos
  • Like it! 4
  • Dislike 1
  • LOL 1

Nico    5
34 minutes ago, fat said:

Shouldnt it drop only 1 EoF per boss?

The grand total Emblem of Frost available per week is 93:

25x from icc10, 25x from icc25, 5x from icc 10 weekly, 5x from icc25 weekly, 5x from weekly raid quest, 14x from daily rhc (7x2) and 4x from voa 10/25= 83 +10 from RS 10/25 so it's okay, it shouldn't drop 1 eof per boss.

Gloina    1

I think you should rethink having only 15 attempts and having them shared. It will lead to people running out of attempts fairly quick and not being able to play the game. Which was the reason why Blizzard removed attempts faily quick. 

• Like it! 1

zoophy    4
3 hours ago, MrCulé said:

Just like Blizzard did, we've decided to put the same attempt limit on wing final bosses. The attempt limit will be set to 15 Attempts and shared between Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa and the The Lich King. Deathbringer Saurfang is the only boss (from quarter finals) without attempt limit. If you waste all your attempts on Heroic on a certain boss, you will no longer be able to fight him on Normal version for the whole week. You need to have at least 1 attempt to try Normal and kill the boss (without any attempt limit).

1 hour ago, Gloina said:

I think you should rethink having only 15 attempts and having them shared. It will lead to people running out of attempts fairly quick and not being able to play the game. Which was the reason why Blizzard removed attempts faily quick. 

I agree with Gloina. Blizzard removed those very attempts because they limited progress and were a nuisance.

• Trial of the Grand Crusader: Another important change will be ToC. Trial of the Grand Crusader will be nerfed back to it's normal state with Icecrown Citadel release (19.12.2018).
  • AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
  • LEAVING GUILDS WITH NOTHING TO DO FOR 5 WEEKS UNTILL ICC HEROIC AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH
  •  
  • 25 Normal - no buff
  • AHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
  • il_570xN.1577058044_rnaj.jpg.d70d75d7fb375b181449296828b8c7be.jpg
Edited by hardrotation
  • Like it! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Perfect! 1
  • Bravo! 1

Draklian    2

Can we get any details as to the buffs going into heroic mode? Or let us know when you plan on giving the details if you cant do it right now.

Edited by Draklian

Butadiene    5

Giving wg buff to blizlike icc 10man will make it even easier then toc10nm.
End patch content?!
Toc patch there was most boring thing sunwell ever done. Not because of bosses, but its almost blizlike state.
I smell like icc will be the same. RIP semi-harcore Angrathar.

Edited by Butadiene
  • Like it! 1

Nico    5

"On release, these buffs will be enabled only on 10 Normal version (Raid Leader would have an option to disable it)." so w/e

Lumo    10
19 hours ago, Vaxsysl said:

They don't care about Angrathar anymore, it's been clear ever since they announced the BC server, that is their Cash Cow now, sad for us who have stayed loyal to this server anticipating ICC. 

Edited by Lumo
  • Like it! 1

Lumo    10
20 hours ago, MrCulé said:
  • 25 Normal - no buff

Did people crying about Ulduar really make the devs this scared? 

You said in the post a month or so ago saying you were aiming to make ICC a challenging patch and  you can't even give us specifics.

• Like it! 1

Bew    1

Don't nerf TOGC at least till 25HC (all wings) release! Endless triumph will be enough for plebs to get their gear.

• Like it! 1

Ulthar    3
On 12/6/2018 at 5:21 PM, MrCulé said:

Heroic Dungeons completed through Random Dungeon Finder won't have lockouts, you may farm them infinitely (through Random, not Specific).

Can already find like 5 ways to abuse it, ex. group of 4-5 constantly regrouping for infinite The FoS looking for arp trinket or killing one boss of every other dungeon to get a lockout... make it spammable even with specific or make them lockout player even with RDF.

Artar    5

I agree what has been said above; shadowmourne should not be easily farmable.

Also, i do not know why it hasn't been fixed yet, but on this patch we should have separated BG queues for twinks and levelers. This was introduced on retail with the patch and 3.2 and it is really hurting levelers experience on this server, especially in the 70-79 bracket. "In patch 3.2.0, a feature was introduced that allowed players to disable experience gains in exchange for 10g. Battlegrounds were then altered to allow level-locked characters to face only other level-locked characters. Battleground XP was enabled for all other characters." source http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Twink

Also please revert the change you made to classes who have a pet, as they cannot anymore enter in combat by sending their pets. This hurts their viability while playing arenas against rogues.

I tried submitting two really detailed posts in the bugtracker by explaining the reasons why these issues should be fixed but it seems not dev is going to do anything about it. Please make this server Blizzlike!!

I don't want to sound ungrateful though. This is an amazing server, but please - with this new release - fix at least these two really annoying issues. I promise I will support the server a little more if you do.

hijako    14
4 hours ago, Artar said:

Also, i do not know why it hasn't been fixed yet, but on this patch we should have separated BG queues for twinks and levelers. This was introduced on retail with the patch and 3.2 and it is really hurting levelers experience on this server, especially in the 70-79 bracket. "In patch 3.2.0, a feature was introduced that allowed players to disable experience gains in exchange for 10g. Battlegrounds were then altered to allow level-locked characters to face only other level-locked characters. Battleground XP was enabled for all other characters." source http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Twink

That may hurt a lot for people wanting to join a BG sub-lvl80, regardless if its for the pvp or for lvling - we're just not that big of a server and I doubt there are enough people with disabled xp to be able to align on BGs at the right time of day (or any for that matter). In the end it will be both levelers & pvpers queued up, just waiting & never enough people joining. 

I agree its annoying to be farmed by pvpers during lvls 70-79, but at least it goes both ways - there's always geared pvpers on both sides & there are always undergeared lvlers

Artar    5
3 hours ago, hijako said:

That may hurt a lot for people wanting to join a BG sub-lvl80, regardless if its for the pvp or for lvling - we're just not that big of a server and I doubt there are enough people with disabled xp to be able to align on BGs at the right time of day (or any for that matter). In the end it will be both levelers & pvpers queued up, just waiting & never enough people joining. 

I agree its annoying to be farmed by pvpers during lvls 70-79, but at least it goes both ways - there's always geared pvpers on both sides & there are always undergeared lvlers

No, because the presence of twinks is detrimental to levelers participation, so at the moment twinks do not help the queues to shorten at all. Do you think that, at the time, Blizzard didn't want faster queues? Were they... stupid? I think they cared about their players' (customers) satisfaction and decided to make the experience just as fun as it could get, and they knew that fun is the key to participation. Only few will join BG if that means getting farmed. Twinks also cause many matches to close before than they should because if e.g. one team has twinks and the other has not, the players in the latter will rapidly get tired of being farmed and will leave, so the match will close giving no exp/honor. They won't join the next match and queuing time will lengthen.

In the afternoon there are more than 150 alliance players in the 70-79 range and a very similar figure in the horde, and both the alliance and the horde twink guilds count a mean of 20+ level 70-79 twinks in their rosters. So to say, there is enough people on this server to start separate and successful BGs matches, even for the twinks (20+ players mean at least 1 AB and 1 WSG at the same time).

I don't think this "fix" would be a problem for twinks, as they would fight more balanced matches (no more crappy levelers in their teams), but nonetheless i wonder: is twinking actually healthy for the server? How important is the leveling experience and the gear balancing compared to the twinks' "owning levelers" satisfaction? And also, is low bracket  Bgs twinking (especially 70-79) becoming preferred to level 80 BG PvP, and are we sure that is good for the server?

Please just put this on testing for a week or two; we'll all see that this is doable and great for hundreds of levelers and for the PVP balancing

• Like it! 1

Graal    43

Howdy,

There are some valuable posts which we agree with. After further discussion, we have decided on the following:

• ToGC 25 Boost will be lifted after release of the last ICC Wing (16th January)
  • ICC 25 HC Boost will be tougher than you expect. We're not afraid after Ulduar, but after 3-months of cries on Feronis, that ICC is too hard, etc. we simply didn't want to overtune it. But ok, if you really want it you will have it. Every 25 HC boss will be boosted and we will not tell you about the changes we did. It's up for you to discover, to make it more challenging. We won't change timers to not ruin urs addons. #Malygos
  • Shadowfrost Shard drop rate on Normal set to 5%, on Heroic - 30%.
  • We have to explain the attempts once more, because not everybody understood it as we wanted.
    There is no attempt limit on Normal. In Heroic version, there's total of 15 attempts (in total) for 4 bosses: Professor, BQL, Sindragosa and LK. If you waste all 15 attempts, it will make Normal bosses disappear as well, but if you leave at least 1 attempt on Heroic, you can wipe Normal as much as you want. 15 attempts for 4 final bosses of the expansion doesn't seem like an exaggeration for us. We can talk about expanding the attempt limit if it's proven really necessary.

Cheers

Edited by Graal
  • Like it! 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Confused 2

TZR    0

ICC on Feronis started with complaints that it was too easy, where one of the causes for that were bugs which made bosses faceroll (marro bonestorm, deathbringer's energy, everything that was wrong with putricide, etc), people didn't enjoy the fact that all quarter bosses were buffed few weeks after raid release as well as the fixes that of course made some of the bosses harder.

• Shadowfrost Shard drop rate on Normal set to 5%, on Heroic - 30%.

Is that an April Fool's joke? I understand that limiting the chance on normal will make the weapon more special but the heroic decrease will just punish plate dps player for choosing a wrong class as they won't have enough time to get it before server becomes empty.

Edited by TZR
typo

So basically in your own interest should be preserving the realm for as long as it can cause it gives you money, and for the players' enjoyment.
But what you're doing is completely the opposite, a lot of people have been playing WotLK to finally complete their Shadowmourne quest and wield the legendary weapon, but now you're saying "If you're not the top player in one of the top 5 guilds on the realm there are small chances you'll get your Shadowmourne faster than we finish scripting Mists of Pandaria". Hell, even for the top guilds it may take ~half a year or more (depending on luck) until the first person has their legendary. Yeah that will keep players on the server.
Someone stated, that Shadowmournes destroy the server because of theirs effect on pvp, the outcome now will be that top 10 ranked teams will all be war/pal/dk + hpally and they will crush the opponnents even harder when there will not be as many other teams with Shadowmourne, or the same teams will be playing each other constantly resulting in dodging or playing at 4AM, but hey - Shadowmournes destroy pvp right? You chose to play on WotLK knowing damn well how the endgame will look in pvp and now you're crying because of it, 600iq my dude.
Boosting ICC 25 HC is also a terrible idea. I don't know if you noticed, but there are limited amount of guilds capable of dealing with ICC 25 HC even without the buff, but hey let's buff it and then act surprised when it will be outrage on forums from countless people who play here for their shiny epics that they can't get, cause "hurr durr, >5 people cried on the forum we want buffs so we will give it to them". Or there will be no crying at all, cause the population will move to the other WotLK servers or Nightbane TBC (it's a crazy thought right? never happenned before :> ). 

Seriously, hope you reconsider these moves and look at them from the players' perspective.

• Like it! 2