The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
infero

pvp toggle off in all zones

infero    0

Hello, first of all the server is awesome and i have fun spending my time here. But honestly in pvp i just blow, like i supposte there are plenty who dont like pvp at all. So when reach zones 30+ the inevitable it happened, you get ganked and you cant continue your leveling. And i`m not talking about specific zones like stv or tanaris, everywhere it`s like that. So i would want to ask if take in consideration to implement in control panel of every player to be able (by his choice ofc) to toggle off the pvp in all zones. He cant attack enemy player he cannot be attacked by enemyes. Please think about it. Thank you!

Grits    1

I don't work here but I can pretty much guarantee that won't happen. My only suggestion is to group up as much as possible.

There's also addons that will alert you when enemy players are near like VanasKoS.

• Like it! 1

infero    0

^ this is not an excuse lol.. ganked by 5 enemyes, no prob it`s pvp server lol..
like i said, would be nice if they could implement pvp off as optional in control panel

eXtence    3

Blizzard implemented such a function, its called pve servers. On those servers you can "choose" whenever you like to flag for pvp or not via game command "/pvp". The thing is, most players absolutely dislike this idea (for reasons unknown).

as disclaimer, on those pve servers you can still world pvp, just have to flag for it.

Grits    1

Private servers are 90% pvp servers. I suggest you wait for Classic if it is too much. I know it can be really frustrating if you have little time to play.

People already answered, First off welcome and im glad you are enjoying your stay!

There currently only PvP on nightbane, as far as i know there won't be any options other than PvP server. I can understand that its frustrating to get ganked and die while questing, but there is a bright side!

You can use the time to maybe gather a group and maybe make some friends to play with, Maybe look into moving zones, or a good time to work on an alt character, Perhaps its a good time to take a break from wow for a bit and calm down maybe eat or watch some youtube or streams (everything even WoW is best in moderation!) The silver lining here is once you get out of the zone and get some gear and levels you can go back and do the same to the other faction as they are doing to you! Though that does seem like grief so keep in mind how you felt when you got ganked and turn the other cheek :) I hope your stay is enjoyable!

QUICK EDIT!

I also see that there maybe groups ganking, but you have to see that while you are out here competing with your own faction for quests the other faction is also so groups of people together kill the opposite faction won't be an uncommon thing for a while.

Edited by JockSandWich

Tomcat    18

they are diferent players, my a** was kicked and ganked a lot of time, and i've been helped from other fraction too.

Most of players dont care about you, and they dont atack other fraction - they just wanna to lvl up - so if you are lvling in group mostly they dont atack you coz they know if your group starts to fight back... you can make "war zone" around whole area realy quick. And no1 will lvl up from that point.

+

at least there is a bit more horde (Thank God) ... coz of this sh***y "balance politics" its hard to fight with rank 1 skills VS. fully traind characters from ally.

Riplin    0

Random PvP throughout has been one of the best aspects of this server so far. As soon as everyone is flying it will be greatly diminished. Enjoy it while you can.

r0bo    0

Are the people who "enjoy PvP" horde only?

Whenever I am ganked and I ask for help noone responds. Alright - alliance sux, my fault for rolling (first time for me, wanted to check it). Will never do that anymore.

Also horde being friendly - yes, if its 1v1 and even levels.

It feels like its not even worth to fight back - if you let them kill you, they mostly leave. If you fight back and kill them (even though they are always higher level - they never attack on even levels, remember?) they come back with 5 and kill you and camp you until you log off (happened several times). Same happens if you dare to attack and, god forbid, kill one.

I don't have time to play whole day and my time is limited. Made it to 48 only and it was the same situation everywhere - Desolace, Hinterlands, Feralas (see how I carefully picked only the "abandoned" zones?). I hate wPvP - I have learned ages ago there is no wPVP. There is only ganking and griefing - even footing wPvP simply does not happen. I do not understand how can anyone enjoy that, but well that's just me I guess.

Now I see pictures how it is in Outlands - horde outnumbers alliance in every zone and just ganks in groups. Spiting on corpses and teabaging afterwards included. I think I am too old for that. Seriously considering I will not bother to play anymore.

For me it feels like the same how it ended up on retail - free warmode for horde while alliance turned it off cause its as it is. As alliance you are simply not allowed to PvP or get banished for if you try.

Yeah I am wimp and gitgut but whatever - but I think I can handle just that much.

Antik    54
On 12/5/2018 at 4:45 PM, infero said:

^ this is not an excuse lol.. ganked by 5 enemyes, no prob it`s pvp server lol..
like i said, would be nice if they could implement pvp off as optional in control panel

You're right, it isn't an excuse. It's a reason.

Grow up maybe? I don't understand how people get camped. Just log off and do something else.

As Tyler the Creator so eloquently put it with respect to bullying;

image.jpeg.b78e7523b835f97d9f79ddd1624c3070.jpeg