Sign in to follow this  
nimeralos

One faction lock

nimeralos    51

https://github.com/SunwellWoW/Sunwell-TBC-Bugtracker/issues/2055

I agree that not being able to create an opposite faction char is Blizzlike, and also that it's a minor issue. But it makes zero sense on a free server.

Different kinds of abusive behaviour (wintrading, same-faction griefing, neutral AH sniping, multiboxing with 3rd party programs) are easier to hide when one uses multiple accounts. Such situations will hopefully be monitored and offenders punished. Removal of one-faction lock would help fair altoholics to be transparent, while those running multiple accounts can be monitored a bit closer.

• LOL 1

hlambdalf    2

I agree. If I wanted to make an ally alt real bad, I'd just have to sign up with a different account... all this lockout does is create a hindrance where I have to type in a different account name before logging in

Eclipse    3

I agree some what to letting people creating both factions on one account, but then i want a blizz like server, but then again we have duel specs and cash shop which i like and dont like.  I think if it is small quality of life issues (please let chickens mount without losing chicken form)  then it should be ok to tweak it from blizzlike

nimeralos    51

Or you could only lock Alliance from creating Horde but not the other way around, to (marginally) help with the faction balance.

Edited by nimeralos