The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Vipermagi

Can we stop with these "reserved items" raids please?

Do you think that raids with reserved items should be allowed?  

1. 1. Do you think that raids with reserved items should be allowed?

• YES
    • NO

Vipermagi    1

I think there should be added a rule to Angrathar terms of use when it comes to gathering a raid with reserved items.

Every single day people do this and start spaming /global sometimes for few hours, because noone wants to join their raids. Usually people react with some funny jokes about "reserved items" in raid but most of the time we got some shit storms starting on global because people who gather those raids felt offended in some way.

Also very often people start to troll and start spamming fake raids fe: "lfm toc25 solace, satrina, dv, reign, trophy res need tank" just because they want to protest in some way against such raids.

I feel this kind of behaviour is very toxic and should be punished in some way by administration.

Discuss

• Dislike 1

Lyalp    4

I'll also add that we should probably use some of the other chats for guild/group finding. I get that spams for these happen, but it gets extremely annoying trying to look in between these advertisements for other content/talks.

Keynn    11

Or maybe just join pug with all items for roll and dont care about reserving items? People ale organising like 10x toc25 everyday and im pretty sure that u can find raid which can fit u :)

• Like it! 4

Lyalp    4

Actually... If we're gonna follow this line of thought, I feel this would also call for a rule against people requiring achievements for raids. I agree that there should be one for reservations, but I think this might open a line of other rules that could be used as a counterargument.

OakyHefty    0

I am lazy man, and i almost never organize any raids so usually i join raids, and i dont care about people reserving items, if someone reserves item what i need, i dont join, if reserved item is not useful for me then i can join.

Remember if someone organizes raid then he has right to set rules of loot distribution. You dont like it? Make your own raid, you are too lazy to organise own raid? TOOO BAD.

I remember times when nobody reserved items, and you know what, instead of reserving items raid leader just ninjalooted what he wanted without consequences because of no server rules about master looter abuse. 

Antik    75

Hey smarty pants OP.

I have a tip for you;

Don't go to the raid if an item is reserved.

OR

Make your own damn raid.

Also making this a rule would ruin the vast majority of bad players' ability to do any sort of content newer than a few tiers ago. I suspect you're one of these players.

What will you do when these raids stop and bads such as yourself stop being carried through content? You'll make a post on the forums complaining about how all loot should be shared whether or not a player is in the raid for the kill or not. Or some communism like entitlement that this server reeks of as of late.

• Like it! 2
  • Dislike 1

Antik    75
On 11/28/2018 at 3:10 PM, Lyalp said:

I'll also add that we should probably use some of the other chats for guild/group finding. I get that spams for these happen, but it gets extremely annoying trying to look in between these advertisements for other content/talks. 

Pro-tip;

image.png.adbf8acd1f05758af489ac4075615f5d.png

You can break your chats down by tab. There are addons to filter by word too.

On 12/1/2018 at 2:46 PM, OakyHefty said:

I remember times when nobody reserved items, and you know what, instead of reserving items raid leader just ninjalooted what he wanted without consequences because of no server rules about master looter abuse. 

Which was a much better time when player names meant something and people learned the hard way about ninjalooting. It's why blizzard did nothing about it and it's why Sunwell would be prudent in ending their policing role to answer ninja looting.

Edited by Antik

Bophades    0

It's already been said, but don't join the raid if you don't like the reserved item(s).  Pretty simple.  Nobody is obligated to make a pug for you with rules just the way you want them, nor are you obligated to help anyone farm a specific item they want.

A plus side is if you do make your own raid and don't reserve items, you get to fill it very quickly.

nimeralos    51

Reserved items can be viewed as a reward to the one gatherting/leading the raid for their efforts. I don't do them myself and do find it somewhat selfish/toxic, but they make sort of sense. There're also runs where people suggest gold to the highest roller to reserve the item - makes even more sense and almost not selfish this way IMO.

You also can't ban them because then people just "reserve in whisper" ("sorry, full on solace needers").

Edited by nimeralos

daggie    0

I agree with guys who say it should be still allowed.

why?

simply - you can make your own raid or wait for other run without rez. there are many ppl who don't want reserved item or just don't bet they win (eg DV/DC) and they gonna go with leaders who need dv/dc and just take eot or need other 

also like @nimeralos wrote - it can be treated like an award for leader- good point of view on this theme