The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
kuntar

Survival Hunter pre raid bis

kuntar    0

For anyone that wants to be survival speced here is a pre raid list to aim for so that you are viable. I will give the slot,. its name and what dungeon and boss it comes from. i will also add what gems to socket with.

The focus of survival spec is agi stacking. There's a  talent called expose weakness, which gives all physical dps a attack power bonus on the de-buffed mob thats based off your agi, so the higher your agi the higher the bonus. In all sockets your going to aim for the 8 agi gems unless your server has the epic 10 agi gems. and the meta you use is the relentless earthstorm diamond which is 12 agi and 3% crit dmg increase. To make this meta work it requires 2 red/blue/yellow gems. you should therefor use 2 green gems that act as both yellow and blue. The gem you use is called jagged talasite, 4 crit 6 stam, or if your server has the epic cuts its jagged seaspray 5 crit 7 stam. there is also a epic cut u can get from heroics that is 5 crit 6 stam. This gem is found in Blood Furnace in heroic mode.

I will be posting a t4, t5, t6 and sunwell bis list in the future.

Helm: Beast Lord Helm (mechenar,. pathaleon) Meta:Relentless Earthstorm, Red Socket: Pure agi gem

Neck: Necklace of the Deep (jewelcrafting) 2x Red sockets: 2x Pure agi gems

Shoulders: Beast Lord Mantle (Steam Vaults, Kalithres) red and yellow sockets both pure agi gems

Cloak: Cloak of the craft (World Drop, AH)

Chest: Beast Lord Cuirass (Botanica, warp splinter) 2 red sockets: pure agi gems, Blue socket: jagged crit/stam

Bracers: Shard-Bound Bracers (ogrila reputation, exalted) 1x blue socket: jagged crit/stam

Gloves: Beast Lord Handgaurds (The shattered Halls, Kargath) 1x red socket: pure agi,1x blue socket: pure agi

Belt: Felstalker Belt (leatherworking) 1x red socket: pure agi, 1x blue socket pure agi

Pants:Wastewalker Leggings (Mana tombs heroics,  nexus prince) 2x red sockets: pure agi, 1 blue socket: pure agi

Boots: Boots of the Endless Hunt (Botanic Heroic,  Warp Splinter)

Ring: Truestrike Ring (World Drop, AH)

Ring:Pathfinders Band (World Drop, AH)

Trinket: Hourglass of the Unraveller (Black Morass, Temporus)

Trinket:Icon of Unyielding Courage (Blood Furnace heroic, Kelidan)

MainHand: Stellaris (Mechenar, Nethermancer Sepethrea)

OffHand: Stellaris (Mechenar, Nethermancer Sepethrea)

Range:Wrathtide Longbow (Steamvaults heroic, Kelithresh)

kuntar    0

Tanks where plate not mail. most of this gear listed is mail. feral tanks can use it if its leahter but i dont know anything about feral. so i dont know if this stuff is worth getting for them

Normar    0

I just want to bring up one little thing, that Survi is inferior to BM until later tier 5, since then we finally get enough agility to surpass BM's base damage boost.

edekk    0

It all depends on how many melee you have in your raid but i'd say that 800 agi is a minimum to give raid a significant boost and overcome dmg loss compared to BM hunter (who actually gives 3% dmg buff so that's quite good as welll).

Btw, surv will never outdps  BM in personal dps.

hijako    14

I don't think the idea is to out-dps the bm hunter, but to be a support for heavy mele hitters - if you got some uber-war & rogues, it might do a lot better to roll as surv & not BM, in other to increase the overall group dps, rather than your own personal

edekk    0

Exactly what I said

17 hours ago, edekk said:

It all depends on how many melee you have in your raid but i'd say that 800 agi is a minimum to give raid a significant boost and overcome dmg loss compared to BM hunter

I was responding to this

On 12/9/2018 at 1:52 PM, Normar said:

I just want to bring up one little thing, that Survi is inferior to BM until later tier 5, since then we finally get enough agility to surpass BM's base damage boost.