• Announcements

• Dredd

Change your passwords!   04/27/2018

All the players who played on Light's Hope and Memories are requested to change their passwords immediately. Two Factor Authentication is also advised. https://streamable.com/i4q5a
    • MrCulé

Join Angrathar's Group on Facebook and like Sunwell's Fanpage!   06/04/2018

Join Angrathar group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/546505248864228/  Like our Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/SunwellProject/
Sign in to follow this  
MrCulé

#3 POLL- Slave Market and Bazaar!

Bazaar & Slave Market  

1. 1. Should Bazaar be enabled on Angrathar?

• Absolutely yes!
    • We can implement it for specific period of time and check how it works.
    • I don't care!
    • Definitely no!
  2. 2. Should Slave Market be enabled on Angrathar?

• Absolutely yes!
    • We can implement it for specific period of time and check how it works.
    • I don't care!
    • Definitely no!

MrCulé    146

Now it's time for the most controversional tools that are functioning on Sunwell, but are fantastic for the economy (no gold inflation) and minimize scam, because no server is free of account trading, be it legal or not.

Bazaar

it's a tool that allows you to buy Sunwell Coins for gold or sell gold for Sunwell Coins. This makes Sunwell Coins being available not only for donations, but also for in-game activity (something like WoW Token on retail).

Pros: 

• Healthy economy, no inflation, you can check it out on Feronis; 
  • Killing off illegal gold farmers, selling gold is a large problem on other servers;
  • Players always wanted to buy gold and characters. Doesn't matter if Bazaar / Slave Market will be enabled or not, players will still do that. SM/Bazaar allows us to control it and make it safe;
  • 100% safety; 
  • Mounts, pets, tabards and premium bags won't be reserved only for players that donate, you will be able to buy that for gold.

Slave Market

It is a tool that allows you to sell or buy a character for virtual currency, Sunwell Coins. Characters that go through Slave Market have wiped achievements (they look like fresh 80 achievement-wise). We do that, because you may buy the character with items, but you cannot buy the achievements. :) 

Pros: 

• Safe character trading, when you're bored of your character, you can sell it and buy a new one; 
  • You can buy the character for gold, not only donations; 
  • It's great for players that have no time to level another character, for example a lot of PvP players use it;
  • Good source of getting SunwellCoins: when you have a character you don't want or didn't leveled it yet, you can sell it and use Sunwell Coins in the shop or buy gold in Bazaar.

Valjan    4

I actually think this is a very good solution to the gold farmer/gold spammer presence on other private servers. While it's not blizzlike for Wrath, it addresses concerns that will exist without these two possibilities and I'm perfectly fine with improvements that will actually improve the game. Tokens has always felt like EVE's plex to me and their economy has always prospered due to the mechanic allowing for such an item.

• Like it! 2

MrCulé    146
2 hours ago, Valjan said:

I actually think this is a very good solution to the gold farmer/gold spammer presence on other private servers. While it's not blizzlike for Wrath, it addresses concerns that will exist without these two possibilities and I'm perfectly fine with improvements that will actually improve the game. Tokens has always felt like EVE's plex to me and their economy has always prospered due to the mechanic allowing for such an item.

Thanks for your comment mate! 

cns    1

If you enable this, I hope you have a designated channel specifically for these trades, and disallow (and actually apply strict moderation to) "WTT level 80 warlock 3,8k GS for shaman 2k+ GS" messages and similar in global chat. It's really annoying to see this polluting global chat on other servers that have similar features.

Players who trade should do so in a specific slave market or bazaar channel.

Auris    2

After reading what the GM posted about the Bazaar i can say i'm convinced it's a good idea. I don't see any reason to not add it other than it would be "something custom and not blizzlike". The majorty of people playing on private servers are not donors and don't buy gold for real money in the first place, so they should be motivated to have the bazaar to have access to all the items for the same currency that otherwise would only be available to donors. Also whether you buy gold illegally or not - who enjoys getting your chat spammed with gold seller messages? I say YES for bazaar. The slave market though might just encourage botting to level characters just to sell them. Not sure about this one, maybe if the admins are good enough to stomp out the bots.

bongo_bg    44

Both of these features are amazing and have their place in the game. They keep the server 'clean', balance the economy and reduce the illegal activity by a lot. No downsides here.

alexal94    0

I think this is a pretty nice idea. That will stop the illegal selling of gold and characters. There are many people advertising for this illegal Websites and sellers...

Any news from the team about this theme?

Brissa    0

Bazar

I feel that its quite good idea, especially with buying premium items for gold. Not sure completely about buying gold for sunwell coins and vice versa. It might favour players who donate real cash and gold farmers too much and make this server look pay to win.

Slave Market

Big NO for this. Ability to buy fresh or geared lvl 80 character will ruin low lvl experience too much. Less people would queue low dungeons or do questing. Leveling is huge part of the game and skipping it because someone is bored and got lot of gold to buy whatever he likes from slave market is bad idea. In this scenario you also skip learning curve required to master chosen class and for example we can meet geared 80lvl players who have no idea how to play their character, because they play it for like 5 minutes or smth.

MrCulé    146
31 minutes ago, Brissa said:

Bazar

I feel that its quite good idea, especially with buying premium items for gold. Not sure completely about buying gold for sunwell coins and vice versa. It might favour players who donate real cash and gold farmers too much and make this server look pay to win.

Slave Market

Big NO for this. Ability to buy fresh or geared lvl 80 character will ruin low lvl experience too much. Less people would queue low dungeons or do questing. Leveling is huge part of the game and skipping it because someone is bored and got lot of gold to buy whatever he likes from slave market is bad idea. In this scenario you also skip learning curve required to master chosen class and for example we can meet geared 80lvl players who have no idea how to play their character, because they play it for like 5 minutes or smth.

59 minutes ago, alexal94 said:

I think this is a pretty nice idea. That will stop the illegal selling of gold and characters. There are many people advertising for this illegal Websites and sellers...

Any news from the team about this theme?

Hi guys, 

currently we're not going to implement any of these tools. The situation may change in the future - everything depends on the community.