The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Magnums911

Community poll for xp rate change

What would be your desired xp rate on this TBC server?  

1. 1. What would be your desired xp rate on this TBC server?

• 1x
    • 2x
    • 3x
    • 4x
    • 5x

Magnums911    6

Before I get slammed by everyone calling me dirty casual, just let me speak, ok? Good. 

I understand the appeal of leveling up with as much struggle as possible (although it makes little sense, since it makes the game more tedious and not harder), but it makes little sense to me to be forced to spend so much time on leveling your character, while you can never be sure about the longevity of servers especially like this one, since it's a private server and could technically be shut down in any moment and with no further explanation. Not to mention that nothing will work on whole 100% so this is another aspect where we can lose potential experience gained from quests for example, which then again wouldn't be a problem in official servers.

What is my point?

My point is that Sunwell administration should put up a poll for community to vote on, so we can decide on what rates we want to play this game (TBC specifically). Keep in mind AND THIS IS IMPORTANT! I'm suggesting to change ONLY the leveling experience / questing rates, which means that professions, drops and everything else - remains 1x Blizzlike.

What's wrong with the current rates?

2x in my honest opinion are way too rough option, considering the time investment and the risk itself of running a private server.

What options I suggest?

The poll rates would be entirely up to the Sunwell administration, HOWEVER, my personal range of what I find to be acceptable for the time investment, while still keeping the feel of Blizzlike TBC server is from 3x to 5x rates. Above that, in my opinion starts fun servers, but 3-5 is the perfect border to maintain the feel of Blizzlike server, while not making the community to take on such a huge risk regarding server stability.

Please, Sunwell administration, take this post in consideration and let the community vote to decide on what rates we want to play - majority should decide it. If I had to make a poll, I would have these options: 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x. That's all.

P.S. (I would pick 4x)

Sincerely,

Magnums.

EDIT: Alright, I'm adding poll to vote, but I still suspect that many will troll and for the sake of ''proving their point'' pick the 1st option, but still, I can give this one a shot.

Edited by Magnums911
  • Like it! 1
  • Dislike 3

mannimarco    9

Why do you need all these x3, x5? You will still need to learn spells, buy mounts. If they will give you x5 for exp, and everything else will be x1, then there will be people who will beg for gold, because they don't have enough gold for mount, skills, etc. The same applies to professions, except that you plan to lvling them after 70 lvl. Anyway if you want make some poll, add x1 there.

Sonnelion    42
1 hour ago, Aledati said:

I think it will be possible to buy x3 or even x4 xp boost...am I correct?

3 hours ago, Magnums911 said:

2x in my honest opinion are way too rough option, considering the time investment and the risk itself of running a private server.

x2 is decent speed , players that will go for server first will rush, if you aint one of those players that can play 16h a day than you should enjoy the game really, its not big of a deal to be server first on a private server for a 12 year old content. It will create a diversity on the server and have lot of players in every bracket of levels within few days that is also great and the struggle to hit a mob first will be on the very start only. Also x2 leveling speed corespondent nice with x1 loot table cause this wont be one of those servers i read about dropping huge amount of gear to make gold there for gold will have some value as well as the epic patterns later ingame.

That bonus speed wont be able to be used on start as it will create p2w element but it will be nice to buy it as an option to faster level up an alt and that is something i really like and gonna use it for sure. Also using it on alt doesn t create a problem as i already have gold on my main to help that alt learn spells get mount ect. New players later can also use this to catch up faster only they will need to chose what spells they are gonna learn and not learn all spells that you aint even using.

Edited by Sonnelion

Magnums911    6

My response to those who say that ''higher xp rates will force players to beg for gold for their spells''.

Listen up... I have level 63 mage on WOTLK server. Despite having 2x xp rate I still needed A LOT of gold to catch up with my spells, the only reason why I managed to fill that void was because I had picked mining + herbalism along the way and constantly sold my gathered items to Auction House, which let me earn nice amount of gold (around 1000 in total).

My point is that gold will be needed REGARDLESS of on what xp rate you are playing on. I would never have enough gold for my level 63 mage, if I hadn't picked up professions so yeah, if someone still thinks that by leveling and questing on lower rate servers are enough to sustain enough gold for spells then rest assured - it's not enough. You will always need more gold to train spells.

Now to answer the other point made regarding poll and 1x rate.

Of course, we can put that option in, but I can fucking bet my house on the line, that from 1-5 xp rate options, 1x WON'T be a majority of voting, people are not so masochistic as you may think. If there are some nut jobs out there, you can be sure that they will be in a minority.

Normally people choose the middle ground, which would be my offered 3-4 rates.

But regardless, I think Sunwell admins should make this poll and act accordingly.

P.S. Selling xp boosts for cash is very shitty move IMO. That's even worse than playing on high rate realms (fun servers), this is p2w in a way. Some just don't have enough time due to work or other activities, while other's can just ''buy their time'' so to speak. Not ok.

Edited by Magnums911
  • Dislike 2

kohyb    4
3 hours ago, Magnums911 said:

HOWEVER, my personal range of what I find to be acceptable for the time investment, while still keeping the feel of Blizzlike TBC server is from 3x to 5x rates.

What feel of TBC blizzlike at 3-5x rater? Skipping zones, world pvp (leveling in zones with less players), quests becoming obsolete quickly, hard to maintain professions on 5x rates, be under geared the whole time... I think you have no idea about what TBC was. Leveling experience is one of the main focus in this expansion... If you want high rates server, go to play on paymane :)

• Bravo! 1

Ripcord    2

i like x2 for vanilla content, maybe x3 max. im just here for tbc content and endgame. spending months leveling to 70 is not fun. done it too many times before.

• Like it! 2

Magnums911    6
15 minutes ago, kohyb said:

What feel of TBC blizzlike at 3-5x rater? Skipping zones, world pvp (leveling in zones with less players), quests becoming obsolete quickly, hard to maintain professions on 5x rates, be under geared the whole time... I think you have no idea about what TBC was. Leveling experience is one of the main focus in this expansion... If you want high rates server, go to play on paymane :)

Since when 3-5x is considered ''high'' rate? And I play WoW in general since TBC expansion came out and I've experienced various private servers, xp rates and even Retail WoW. I do understand all the pros and cons, but to say that 3-5x is High rate is at best, mildly autistic.

And no, it's not hard to maintain professions, if you want to rush - it's your problem.

Also, if you complain about high rates so much, why not ask for 1x rates? So people can legit kill themselves due to tedious struggle?

kohyb    4
35 minutes ago, Magnums911 said:

Since when 3-5x is considered ''high'' rate? And I play WoW in general since TBC expansion came out and I've experienced various private servers, xp rates and even Retail WoW. I do understand all the pros and cons, but to say that 3-5x is High rate is at best, mildly autistic.

And no, it's not hard to maintain professions, if you want to rush - it's your problem.

Also, if you complain about high rates so much, why not ask for 1x rates? So people can legit kill themselves due to tedious struggle? 

Well yeah, it is not 14x like some servers were, but 5x rates are still to much... Just try to think about sunwell stuff. They rebuild core, they put enormous time and effort to perfect all zones, they want to offer to players great server and experience. And they will just implement 5x, so you can skip zones they put so much effort into. I was able to skip stranglethorn and hillsbrad without problems at 2x rates. You know, its like doing a cake. You are proud of that cake you baked, and someone will just rip of the chocolate topping and let the rest of the cake on the table like... just choke with the rest, I dont want that...

And about proffs, on 5x you can just level without questing with skinning / leatherworking. I personally dont want that. Tailoring will become only grind for cloths, you dont need to do quests to reach 60lvl, only proffesion is enaugh :D but yeah, It is my problem that game was designed for not having 5x rates.

And third. I would like to have 1x rates option. I have 2-3 hours to play at best daily, but I would like to have 1x, like many others.

And yes, I forget about prices... I was playing on warmane (5x tbc) and the 1-60 lvl economy was just destroyed...

Edited by kohyb
  • Like it! 3

Tomcat    17

IMO the best choice is:

• base 2x (with posibility to change for 1x - by using command)
  • and 4x from Sunwell Shop.
Edited by Tomcat
  • Like it! 1