The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Nico

Fragment of Valanyr Drop Chance

Iamthedoll    10
16 hours ago, Nico said:

Yo, is these informations about % drop are legit? https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fragment_of_Val'anyr

For normal modes:

Least optimistic scenario is 3% per boss (15% Freya) so as math says, the average number of Fragments per run should be 1,48 Fragments (full norm clear).

The average scenario - which we have here (8,5% per boss and 19,5% Freya - these are numbers given by testmasters) gives us average of 2,13 Fragments per run (full norm clear).

Hard modes are tricky, because it was said on Feronis, that hm bosses have 40% drop chance which is contradictory to to values you linked. And having killed those hm's many times on both Feronis and Angra, drop chances seem similar - regardless of difficulty.

In conclusion you need about 15 full runs, each for a pug takes about 4-5h. 15*4,5 =~ 68 h of raiding plus you have to defeat yogg on hardmode. Good luck :)

Nico    1

Bro, i just asked if these informations are true.
I just want to know which bosses should be killed on normal or hardmode if no1 needs items but only fragments 😜
And why i have to kill yogg on hardmode? He always drops fragment, even on normal.

Aswell im not sure if there is someone mad that hard to collect valanyr with full pug.

Iamthedoll    10

On 11/6/2018 at 4:41 PM, Nico said:

And why i have to kill yogg on hardmode? He always drops fragment, even on normal.

Read valanyr quest description.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:Val'anyr,_Hammer_of_Ancient_Kings

Throw the Shattered Pieces of Val'anyr into Yogg-Saron's maw while he's casting Deafening Roar and defeat Yogg-Saron and recover the Reforged Hammer of Ancient Kings.

This can only be completed in Heroic mode and only if at least one Ulduar Watcher is not assisting you.