The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MrCulé

Sunwell Nightbane 2.4.3 - Summary & Poll!

Thraxexus    0
On 11/4/2018 at 12:53 PM, MrCulé said:

after the release of BT/Merciless Gladiator season the feature would be accessible also for the Horde players, but it would cost 100 SunwellCoins or 2000g; also the Alliance players will have to pay for the dual spec after the release Black Temple/ Vengeful Gladiator season. It would be a one time payment, after buying the feature you will be able to switch your spec free of charge.

Unless you can only redeem these SunwellCoins for certain things and not gold? I can't find the specifics on them anywhere.

Thraxexus    0
23 minutes ago, neheri said:

Could you please tell me where they said that? I don't believe they did. It would be just pure pay2win and that's the first thing everybody wants to avoid. 

Check my post right above this one.

Thraxexus    0
17 minutes ago, neheri said:

You can get dual spec for SC or gold. Never gold for SC.

Very well that's fine and all fact of the matter is this will be an almost only Alliance server if they lock horde out of dual spec until BT and make them pay 4x as much while Alliance get it from the start, it's head over heels a bad idea while everything else looks great this alone can destroy them and most likely will if not remedied.

Edited by Thraxexus

nimeralos    43
1 hour ago, Thraxexus said:

an almost only Alliance server if they lock horde out of dual spec until BT and make them pay 4x as much while Alliance get it from the start, it's head over heels a bad idea while everything else looks great this alone can destroy them and most likely will if not remedied

Almost Alliance only server? Because of the respec discount? Given the fact that "by default" TBC servers are almost Horde only? Doubtful.

neheri    27

If you checked guilds thread you would see that there are several guilds planning to play on both sides. Everybody hopes that it will be 50:50 and dual talents can make it. If you really want dual talents just roll alliance. Don't worry, there will be plenty of people playing horde that don't care about dual talents. This is quite unique approach to the issue that can actually allow the administration to achieve the goal of balanced factions and by your posts you're proving that this was a good idea. 

• Like it! 1

nimeralos    43

For timeline. I think it's a bit slow.

First 5.5 months on retail were devoted to T4-5, mostly because almost-unkillable 2.0 Kael (world first Kael was 4 months after release). Hyjal was only beaten shortly after BT release. So effectively, retail had 6 months for Hyjal+BT, then 7 more with ZA.

Sunwell, on the other hand, is going to have 9 months for T4-5 + Hyjal. 5 months for T4-5 is "Blizzlike", but Kael is no longer almost-unkillable, so it seems too long.

I'd suggest like 4 months for T4-5, 2 for Hyjal ("Blizzlike" is to have them together with BT even), and then - well, I don't know.

Thoughts?

neheri    27
1 hour ago, nimeralos said:

First 5.5 months on retail were devoted to T4-5, mostly because almost-unkillable 2.0 Kael (world first Kael was 4 months after release). Hyjal was only beaten shortly after BT release. So effectively, retail had 6 months for Hyjal+BT, then 7 more with ZA.

For me it is fine. T4 first kills will depend only on the availability and time - who's the first to get 70, to get some hc gear is first to take kills. Having more time before next content will allow more players to catch up and create more equally geared guilds. 

Because of that, first content that is released afterwards will allow those guilds to compete on the other areas than just amount of time they can sacrifice. Maybe it will really let guilds to show their skill. There will be no waiting for people to level, no waiting to get some gear, everybody will start from the same point, so it will be much more fair, in some way. 9 months of T4/T5 + Hyjal should be enough for even more casual groups of people to catch up, it also gives more time to enjoy the server.

nimeralos    43

My point is, 6 months is probably enough too... With 1-55 x2, level 70 shouldn't take more than a couple of months even if you're a casual player.

To be honest, I just want to see Black Temple before Classic hits : ) I understand that a lot of people won't switch to Classic full-time, but I think a lot will... Anyway, I think admins have thought it over before making the announcement, so let's hope the timeline will either work in a healthy way or will be altered.

MrCulé    198
3 hours ago, nimeralos said:

Sunwell, on the other hand, is going to have 9 months for T4-5 + Hyjal. 5 months for T4-5 is "Blizzlike", but Kael is no longer almost-unkillable, so it seems too long.

I'd suggest like 4 months for T4-5, 2 for Hyjal ("Blizzlike" is to have them together with BT even), and then - well, I don't know.

Thoughts?

Timeline might be changed, nobody has said it's the final timeline. Everything depends on players and the server situation - like always. 

• Like it! 1

Thraxexus    0
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:57 AM, nimeralos said:

Almost Alliance only server? Because of the respec discount? Given the fact that "by default" TBC servers are almost Horde only? Doubtful

discount isn't as much of a problem as not allowing dual spec until BT. anyhow just my 2 cents from an outsiders perspective hope the server works out nonetheless.

Vosha    0
12 hours ago, Thraxexus said:

discount isn't as much of a problem as not allowing dual spec until BT. anyhow just my 2 cents from an outsiders perspective hope the server works out nonetheless.

Most guilds recruiting are Horde so I don't see why you would have that concern.