The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MrCulé

Sunwell Nightbane 2.4.3 - Summary & Poll!

MrCulé    198

Hello Nightbane Community,

I hope that 30th November makes you excited because this day will be a beginning of a great TBC adventure.

Trailer link: 

I believe it’s also a good moment for another information update.

There are couple of topics we need to talk about:

Prenerf of PvE content;

●       Progressive server – Timeline!

●       The content gating;

●       Reset IDs | Arena Flushes

●       PvP ranks;

●       Imbalance solutions;

So, let’s start.

Prenerf of PvE content

Actually, we just want to mention about the thing that was already announced – when it comes to PRE-NERF values we’ll be based only on reliable sources. We’re not gonna use the Corecraft buffs.

Furthermore, as we previously announced, we’re not going to implement 2.0 itemization. If you want to find out what are the reasons of such decision you can find it here:

Progressive Server – Timeline!

First look at the blizzlike timeline for TBC expansion, it will be helpful to compare it to Nightbane timeline that will be shown below.

Blizz.PNG.ec5cc520c2e2ac1507b12b474c65b24f.PNG

As you already know, Nightbane will be a progressive 2.4.3 realm. We thought for quite a long time how we should structure the timeline for TBC progressive experience, because blizzlike timeline in our opinion wasn’t well thought out. What was the main problem? The separation of PvE and PvP seasons. The T4/5/6 raids on TBC were released at the same time and attunements were responsible for the progressive character of the expansion. Attunements were obviously a great idea, but right now after 10 years when the expansion is 100% known to actually everyone we need to make some corrections in the timeline. It's obvious that players require the release of T4 and T5 raids as it was back then, we understand it and our players will get it. However, the first T6 raid, so the Mount Hyjal will be released at the same day as Merciless Gladiator season and this change will be called 2.0b content stage; the attunements will obviously still be required. 

sssss.PNG.5f82340061bba4b9b4c53a9b469a1902.PNG

We believe that this kind of timeline will be healthier for Nightbane and we don’t hide that it will also be more convenient to us to manage the project. Those release dates in our timeline are of course hypothetical(but they are simultaneously highly likely) and like always everything will depend on guilds‘ progression as well as the general situation on the realm. 

So, we wanna release full T6 content(Sunwell is considered as the T6.5 raid) in a day of Vengeful Gladiator season and we think it’s the most natural solution, because Zul Aman isn’t the “tier raid“ it’s sort of a nice addition for PvE players(from the progression’s point of view).

The last stage of TBC adventure, so the release Isle of Quel'Danas and Brutal Gladiator season, is dated on Early February 2020.

1958268836_raidlista.thumb.png.cc18d84ae78994cf9797fc2bd4086edf.png

If you have any questions regarding our timeline, feel free to ask, but we would like to emphasize that this timeline is not going to be changed.

The Content Gating

The Content isn't gonna be gated. So the Dark Portal event cannot be organized, however maybe we’ll manage to give you something interesting instead of it.

Reset IDs | Arena Flushes

PvE weekly IDs will always reset on Thursday at 9:30 Realm Time(GMT+1).

Arena Flushes will always organized on Saturday at 23:00 Realm Time(GMT+1).

PvP Ranks

Many players has asked us about the PvP ranks system, which comes from Vanilla. It's a really nice addition for PvP players and we don't see any disadvantages stand behind this idea, so this system is gonna be implemented. 

Imbalance solutions – READ, IT’S REALLY IMPORTANT!

We’re still looking for the best solution that can change the perception of the players in the context of powerful Horde's classes racials are; frankly speaking they are not powerful at all, but players have their point of view.

What we should do? Do we have to force player to roll a specific faction? Maybe we should, but I personally think that it destroys the fun and sensation of free choice.

I've already talked to @Lukaasm and found out that there is a possibility of implementing a dual spec feature made in a TBC style. I know we previously said that we’ll come back to this topic after the release of the realm, but imbalance issue must be solved and appropriate communicated earlier. That's the only solution that can effectively influence on players' decision. We just want to provide you a convinient enviroment to play, nothing more.

How it would work and what would it would look like?

TBC Dual-Spec made by the Sunwell Team

•  it provides saving of your second talent trees as well as positions of skills on your bars;
  •  the feature would be possible to buy via class trainers;
  •  if players want to reset their talents they would have to go to the specific class trainer; the other nice option would be the creation of a universal dual spec NPC in Shattrath City - but this option would have to be discussed, however the TBC dual spec would never be a remote feature.
  • it would cost the symbolic 500g for the Alliance faction until the release of Black Temple | Merciless Gladiator season;
  • after the release of BT/Merciless Gladiator season the feature would be accessible also for the Horde players, but it would cost 100 SunwellCoins or 2000g; also the Alliance players will have to pay for the dual spec after the release Black Temple/ Vengeful Gladiator season. It would be a one time payment, after buying the feature you will be able to switch your spec free of charge.

POLL: https://goo.gl/wchWbP

It's commonly known that the Horde has better racials than the Alliance and we are not able to win with this kind of attitude. We cannot interfere with racials, because it would be too damaging for TBC immersion and as we previously said we don't wanna force players to play where they don't want to play(it wouldn't work in long term perspective by the way). This kind of dual spec that isn't remote shouldn't destroy the TBC immersion. Moreover, it doesn't give the Alliance side the significant advantage, but it might give a reason to choose the Alliance side.

If you are going to roll Horde and you're not happy of this dual-spec idea, please think in a moment why you decided to play Horde. Please think more about what's good for the realm than about what's good for you. This kind of dual spec will definitely be a good reason to roll Alliance and will definitely increase the PvE and PvP activity on the Alliance side, which will be extremaly also for the Horde side. Moreover, it will be a great tool that increase the general activity on both sides at the end stages of the TBC expansion.

We all want to have a healthy and well-made TBC realm before Classic WoW’s release. A healthy realm means strong and attractive factions; both factions.

Furthermore, the Alliance will get two additional bonuses.

• the costs of mounts will be lower. The skill of ground mounts - 50% lower, the skill of flying mounts 15% lower(mounts won't be discounted).
  • The alliance will get additionally 4 weekends when they will be able to take advantage of the experience boost events. The exp. multiplier for them will be x2 up to 70 lvl(but only during these weekends, normally it is x1 from 56 lvl). Additional weekends will be organized from December to April(but will be organized when RF race is done - the first one in mid December).

The last point will be the promotional campaign that informs players about the benefits that come from choosing the Alliance. The campaign will take place on Discord/Facebook/Website.

That’s our solution to solve imbalance problem and we believe it’s the best possible option. Please express your opinion on the poll above and please think mainly about the realm needs. The poll will last 7 days and if you don’t agree to Dual-Spec feature, we’ll have to find other effective way to attract players to join Alliance, but I don’t hide it will be difficult.

Thank you for reading this announcement. If you have any other question, feel free to write them. Today we begin our promotional campaign you might expect ads as well as sponsored videos from YouTubers.

• Like it! 3

neheri    27

Good job guys keep up the pace of fixing the issues and the server will be success no matter what. 

Dual talents and cheaper mounts seem to be REALLY in favour of alliance so hopefully this issue will be addressed in the long run as well. 

boombar    5

honestly, selling dual spec tor real money is very worrying.

Its pretty much p2w.

Stick to selling xp boosts and low level characters/ items

If you start selling anything else that affects endgame pvp/pve (like dual spec) you are going to ruin the server.

Don't forget you have competitions that possibly wont do any of that shit.

even better, forget dual spec and stick to as close to blizzlike as possible

• Like it! 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Bravo! 1

MrCulé    198
34 minutes ago, boombar said:

honestly, selling dual spec tor real money is very worrying.

Its pretty much p2w.

Stick to selling xp boosts and low level characters/ items

If you start selling anything else that affects endgame pvp/pve (like dual spec) you are going to ruin the server.

Don't forget you have competitions that possibly wont do any of that shit.

even better, forget dual spec and stick to as close to blizzlike as possible

Okay I knew that you will be saying that. People will be buying gold and we'll have to ban them. The requirement was already changed: 2000g or 100 SunwellCoins. 

Can someone explain or link 2.0 itemization in terms how that affects professions thanks in advance! (Or just how does it affect Blacksmithing. That information should suffice. )

Edited by Iwantcookiez

Braderman88    1

I have read alot of posts in these forums worrying about faction inbalance before this announcement. I wont lie, prior to reading this, I was thinking of rolling Horde (for the first time in TBC). However, that on offer for the Alliance is pretty damn awesome, I think its likely I will stick to what I know. Long Live the Alliance! 😃

• Respect! 1

Zelroy    0

What's the point of starting season 1 with realm release? Even Blizzard delayed it by 2 weeks. Seems like worst idea ever.

Edited by Zelroy

Amarath    0

Could alliance price be 100 Sunwell Coins or 500g ? This would actually give people a reason to roll alliance for the respect option before they hit 70 and have trained and their progressions and then made money. That is if they are willing to pay.

neheri    27

Giving dual spec only to alliance early is definitely good idea, however prices and requirement should be rethinked twice. 

Also I can't find information whether 500g (or 100 SC) is the price per character or per account.

Edited by neheri

Aledati    6

Good work, I am gonna play alliance. Dual talents wont change tbc feel at all even if you sell that option for coins/money whatever. Server must live from something and not just feed selfish ppl to play free on good servers. Important is there is no 70lvl epic item purchases with coins/money. We, all tbc fans, should be very thankfull for this server with awesome setup even if we do not like everything with this server but lets be real we didnt like everthing 10 years ago also. Nothing is perfect especially making something for hundreds of people, so we should not give this team any critics but rater say thank you!

• Like it! 1
  • Thanks 1

Vosha    0

" We all want to have a healthy and well-made TBC realm before Classic WoW’s release."

Does this mean you will close down when Classic releases?

MrCulé    198
48 minutes ago, Vosha said:

" We all want to have a healthy and well-made TBC realm before Classic WoW’s release."

Does this mean you will close down when Classic releases?

No, but we're aware that a lot of people wait for Classic, which is completely natural thing. 

Logicc    1

Good job on the outside of the box solution for the faction imbalance.  I was 100% going to roll horde even given all of the other suggestions that were floating out there, but the ability to dual spec as alliance only until after the Black Temple patch will have me roll alliance instead.  Looking forward to release!

agrado    1
3 hours ago, SilverWarrior said:

Does this mean if I buy the "dual spec" before black temple releases that will stay with me afterwards?

It is not clear for me too. It does not say you have to pay for it again so i hope its permanent.

Im glad people like these solutions and I hope it will work to fix imbalance, but personally im not convinced, I was hoping for something more.

Edited by agrado

MrCulé    198
3 hours ago, SilverWarrior said:

Does this mean if I buy the "dual spec" before black temple releases that will stay with me afterwards?

Yes, it's obvious ;) 

Reaper    0

Hello have 2 questions:

1. Have you considered the dynamic spawning of veins and herbs ?

2. What about the items, they will be coming with the patches with which one they should ? :-) (Shoulders from mentals in ShW or necklace of the deep in JWC and so on).

Have a nice time and thank you for opportunity to play this fantastic datadisk again. :-) :-*

Vosha    0

Since you plan on reducing mount costs for the Alliance, will you do something else for the Warlocks and Paladins that get a free mount anyway? Reduced cost for Warlock pet skills would be nice.

Lithit    0

I was actually looking forward to trying the server, but dual spec in the store is too close to p2w for me, so I am probably gonna pass if that is actually a thing, and I am sure a lot of others feel the same. 

Edited by Lithit
  • Haha 1
  • Whaaaat? 1

morrk    2

all those horde>alliance things are retarded, god damn, seems like warmane wont have any challenge from you

• Like it! 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha 1

Aledati    6
17 hours ago, Lithit said:

I was actually looking forward to trying the server, but dual spec in the store is too close to p2w for me, so I am probably gonna pass if that is actually a thing, and I am sure a lot of others feel the same. 

Who sent you?

Sabre    3

This may be the first TBC server with the closest to 50/50 balance, the dual spec solution is really smart for ally.

• Like it! 1