The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SilverWarrior

Which faction will you play?

So I'm interested in who would roll which faction. Question is simple.  

1. 1. Will you play horde or alliance?

• Horde
    • Alliance

Sonnelion    42

Yea if everyone that wants to play on this server vote truly on what they will really play, developers can have a clear picture and a true player base feedback. Good job with this question m8. 

Voting as ally or horde and than chose the other faction won't sent a clear message have that in mind and it will be easy visible on start of the server and especially some week after that can lead to server going 1 faction and lose population to other servers due to players not been happy with no pvp and 1 pve faction. 

Edited by Sonnelion

Sonnelion    42

Yea and more players voted 66/34 for horde is what i see there

If there is player logic and developers work abit in favor of ally we may not have 50-50 but 45-55 is very good ratio and makes server perfect. So far its going good towards balance but those are to little votes mostly done by random players.

Edited by Sonnelion

Tomcat    17
6 hours ago, Aledati said:

Almost all PVP players will choose horde

well ... lol ? why? Racials are a bit better for ally in pvp. OFC Each fraction have somthin cool, but for example as a human rogue you will always open fight against other rogues, so basicly that means you will win. Besides, only like 20%-30% of ppl care about pvp.

Sonnelion    42

PVP players will have better time been ally due to almost instant que for pvp. Plus some of the racials are indeed better ( casters excluded )when it comes to pvp. The imbalance is done by PVE players who have better racials for DPS as horde, there is a reason why troll racial had been nerfed after TBC but its not just racials, its pve stability that every raiding guild desire to have a nice base of players to recruit from that horde side provides as extra other than been little better due to racial when it comes to pve. The x 3 level speed to 40 is not effective as balance horde:ally is more than 60-40. The skill cost is not even a buff/benefit but a way for players to be able to learn the spells till lvl 40 with normal gold they will  gain from killing/questing due to x3 speed. 

Its nice to have this topics and players voting + there are several guilds already advertising on forum for horde that did not even voted while there is 1 french speaking for alliance. Hope developers will see on time this doesn't lead to a healthy server and will become 1 faction server if things are not taken serious. Either more buffs are needed for ally so some guild may decide to go alliance and that can impact on pve players also go ally or simply need to have some penalty for the horde side forcing some guilds to go ally because they wont have enough online raiders due to log in que for their raids.Server should not allow 45-55 ratio to be pass by logging extra hordes as well as 1 account per IP so this system can not be cheated by players logging ally char on other account while they log in on the horde char to play.

Edited by Sonnelion
  • Like it! 1

2 hours ago, Tomcat said:

well ... lol ? why? Racials are a bit better for ally in pvp. OFC Each fraction have somthin cool, but for example as a human rogue you will always open fight against other rogues, so basicly that means you will win. Besides, only like 20%-30% of ppl care about pvp.

That is not true. Some of the horde racials are insane such as orc and undead racials. Human rogue or gnome warrior is nice, so is dwarf priest and hunter. Other than that, horde has a massive advantage. I simply cannot fathom what was in blizzard's mind when they did not chance racials for tbc (and changed minor things such as blind is no longer something dwarf can remove). But seriously, you cannot put human perception (if not rogue) on the same page as undead 5 sec cc immunity - which is crazy. If you play an alliance caster, like I will (and I will go for rating in arena, it can be done :D ) - you essentially play without racials. Wotlk is much better, no matter what haters say which is partially because there is one truly broken racial, but in this case its not on the horde. Yet humans only come into play once you grinded long hours of pve, and other than that, there are no random, system-breaking things like cc immunity. TBC is very bad for balance, but one must play with the broken racials in mind. 

• Dislike 1

Sonnelion    42

Silver you forgot the best caster buff :P trolls wait aoe damage to hit you or even take some damage intentionally if every1 is good with hp and healers have the mana and maximize the haste to 30%. There is a reason why this racial was nerf after in later expansion.

PvP is more or less balanced depends what class/spec you are playing and you have to chose a faction for it. PVE not so much especially the damage classes are huge horde advantage.

Tanks in tbc and their racial are kinda OKish , more xp tauren , cc imunity ect VS expertice as human,dodge as NE or 10% armor + remove bleed effect very useful on moroes as dwarf.

Healers there are some + on horde and some + on ally. 

Overall the advantage you won't feel it with exception on some harder bosses but far from they cannot be killed by alliance.

This is huge on private server on a long passed expansion where you already know everything about it as well as you don't really lose anything by playing a horde that is certainly better than ally for majority of the population and provides you safety that if server has enough players choosing the horde side you can always fine raiding guild. Same goes for guilds that already have some core of members they will go for buffs and safety in terms of recruiting.

This was not as huge in tbc on official servers. If you invested in classic leveling as alliance for a long time since we were noobs on start, there was not enough info about stuff, you buy mount , you got profesions and some good recepe if you were raider, you even spend months to level up alts and aditional profesions. You would not really reroll and lose all this. Here every1 start from 0 there for choosing better and safest option is something everyone considers.

3 solutions are there for some of the things to be solved.

1. Make the world PVE zone where ally can free level and farm for late game + lower their cost on respec ( while not do the same for horde ) so ally side can feel more alive. Many players that will certainly play horde are so loud about dual spec but horde wont really have the need because there will be many tanks/healers active there. So yea i called those players lazy not willing to grind at least this way many of those players willing to have advantage may chose ally and provide if not perfect at least playable balance. Some of their arguments were playing pvp when ever they want and not having to respec always but guess what you wont play when ever you want you will w8 hours que if there is imbalance to play a bg.

2. Make real penalty for horde and not a system that can be abused aka 1 account per IP to be log in only. And not to be able to cross the 45-55% ratio. Some guilds for sure will think of starting as ally due to not having all their raiders online for raid due to que. System that allows me to log multiple accounts and some ghost low lvl ally chars just to log my main horde wont provide balance.

3. Give something of a permanent value to ally that can tip the scales and provide balance. Earlier i mention free or low cost respec, faster run as ghost can provide some extra attempt during raids via saving running/ressing/buffing time or be less frustrating if they are ganked by the majority. Make something like Pandas had in MOP, just instead of food to be double make each time ally flask up to give additional XP or AP or SP and maybe some guilds will see this as balance and chose ally especially if there is penalty for massive horde.

4. Not doing anything will result with 1 faction and small group of frustrated players on ally side that are either pure pvp and dont mind been few because you risk losing players to other server. From what i saw NW is on their 2nd stage beta test so won't really come much longer after Sunwell. They do have the advantage so far on balance side as there are penalties for playing horde and already on their forum i saw several ally guilds and little more horde but it is still much better balance than what we see here.

Hope this server will fully use the advantage of coming up live before any other server that is decent.

My real question Silver is what can make some horde players/guild to actually go alliance and provide some balance what do they need in term of balancing factor.

Edited by Sonnelion
  • Like it! 1

It was pointed out several times, but since the majority is horde and the devs don't want to make their life harder due to being the majority nothing will be done. Faction que. Or give alliance some of the pve stuff like ret pally seal - whatever. What both the majority playerbase and the devs forget here, especially with the other server releasing approx few moths later is that if there's no alliance, there wont be battlegrounds, people get bored and quit. Sunwell might make it though since the other server has core issues as far as I know, and a few alliance guilds are entertaining the thought of coming here. But normally noone planning to play seriously and roll alliance would play on a server which will be 100% a hordefest. Cheaper horses wont do anything, none who's not dedicated themselves to alliance will change just because of that. A que would indeed make them play alliance. Cule stated clearly however that there will be no que. What interest me though is once the imbalance will be apparent, how will Sunwell dev team incentivize the free faction change - like literary why would anyone join a dead, and weakly perceived faction? But this makes no sense, neither does the other topics about this issue - clearly none cares. 

Tomcat    17

SilverWarrior - u making "big deal from a minor problem" man. And funny think is... if we more talk about it, more ppl starts to think about it... so... more ppl may be like "this guy might have right" (coz you are good speaker SilverWarrior) -> so basicly more ppl will choice Horde. Funny isnt it? :)

I usualy played as a ally and i didnt feel worse or weaker - untill i read your comments. I remeber Ally on old and new hellground has some first server kills and a lot of best pvp players was on ally fraction. But now its kinda vanish... coz ally fraction is presented as a poor and weak side.

I will tell you somthin, and read it very carfuly, i know my english isnt perfect but i'll try do my best:

• Mess with oryginal racial in any case - and you will make server empty as f****, very few ppl will come to play some TBC strange mixed hybrid. Players are coming here to play REAL TBC!
  • Do a fraction queues - and you stop declareted players to log in/start playing on server. Coz there is a lot of ppl you just can NOT force to change fraction. I have a lot of friend who said somthin like this: "iv played always as a Horde, so this time i will be again! no mather what. fraction queue? f**k that man, so i just don't play in here atal".
  • Do a free spec for ally, free monts costs, ect... (make ally have a lot of gold, coz there will be no goal to spend it) - and you will destroy the economy aspect of game, simple potions on AH will cost fortune. Simple economic rules. More gold, less goals to buy -> inflation.

Sorry man but you are in here kinda a bit like feminists in real world, those women thinks they are helping the case... but they not.

Server isnt started yet, and you are worry about fraction imbalanced. Even so... if there will be like 1K+ ally online in rush hour, and almost 2K+ Horde... you wont even feel "this imbalance" you say.

PS. TZM - Tajny Zwiazek Militarystow from old HG - a cool guild which have like 13? or 14? years expirenced played ALWAYS as a ally. This time on sunwell will be starting playing as a Horde. Mostly becoz of voices like yours.

Edited by Tomcat
  • Like it! 1
  • Dislike 1

Sonnelion    42
9 hours ago, Tomcat said:

SilverWarrior - u making "big deal from a minor problem" man. And funny think is... if we more talk about it, more ppl starts to think about it... so... more ppl may be like "this guy might have right" (coz you are good speaker SilverWarrior) -> so basicly more ppl will choice Horde. Funny isnt it? :)

I usualy played as a ally and i didnt feel worse or weaker - untill i read your comments. I remeber Ally on old and new hellground has some first server kills and a lot of best pvp players was on ally fraction. But now its kinda vanish... coz ally fraction is presented as a poor and weak side.

I will tell you somthin, and read it very carfuly, i know my english isnt perfect but i'll try do my best:

• Mess with oryginal racial in any case - and you will make server empty as f****, very few ppl will come to play some TBC strange mixed hybrid. Players are coming here to play REAL TBC!
  • Do a fraction queues - and you stop declareted players to log in/start playing on server. Coz there is a lot of ppl you just can NOT force to change fraction. I have a lot of friend who said somthin like this: "iv played always as a Horde, so this time i will be again! no mather what. fraction queue? f**k that man, so i just don't play in here atal".
  • Do a free spec for ally, free monts costs, ect... (make ally have a lot of gold, coz there will be no goal to spend it) - and you will destroy the economy aspect of game, simple potions on AH will cost fortune. Simple economic rules. More gold, less goals to buy -> inflation.

Sorry man but you are in here kinda a bit like feminists in real world, those women thinks they are helping the case... but they not.

Server isnt started yet, and you are worry about fraction imbalanced. Even so... if there will be like 1K+ ally online in rush hour, and almost 2K+ Horde... you wont even feel "this imbalance" you say.

PS. TZM - Tajny Zwiazek Militarystow from old HG - a cool guild which have like 13? or 14? years expirenced played ALWAYS as a ally. This time on sunwell will be starting playing as a Horde. Mostly becoz of voices like yours.

He is not doing anything wrong just like me he is someone who speak the truth and is provided by facts. Every survey even forum guild topic tells you about this imbalance. So if you read carefully he is someone who wants to have balance server and asking developers what they will do about this cause atm its big issue proven by numbers.

Doubt he mind even play ally or many pve players will chose horde due to safety option. TBH been horde whole life and i play them not just because of racials, i wont mind even play ally BUT my question is why would i waste time playing ally if there will be huge imbalance and harm my pve style of play. If you can't help increase the population of 1 faction by giving something trivial little better leveling skill till some low lvl like 40 and lower the spell cost since mob loot is still x1 you have to lower it otherwise players wont be able to learn all their spells so this isn t even a benefit on low level and you dont want to give something substential to that faction to implicate on end level ( no more honor gain isnt something to make any1 chose ally due to arena is way more important in tbc and as ally you will anyway have instant que even for the blue gear on start or catch up mechanism for later ) Than you have to really put penalty on the majority faction and you have to announce it on time so guilds know they will have login que past 55% as horde. This will make some guilds to switch ally and will make some pve players also chose ally because this way they will have some safety of been ally.

Doubt any1 will want to waste hours/days of leveling and gearing and not been able to play if it is obvious that in short time server like this can end up been 1 faction server, provided developers don't do something to prevent this. 

So in other words Tomcat this is not Silver making something as big issue, it is in fact a big issue if things stay the way they are. 

• Like it! 2
  • Dislike 1

agrado    1

Not to mention Isle of Quel'Danas that will be real pain for alliance. I just gave up fustrated on my last server.

Edited by agrado

Tomcat    17

@Sonnelion - dude, it will be my last post in this "case" i see its point less. Any way - you realy dont see this? more you talk about this "imbalance issue", more players decide to go Horde.

Old HG had like 55-60% of Horde VS. 45-40% Ally... and NO ONE just thot its a problem. I was in ally on that time, and never feel like it was "a problem". And then, after this few years... guys like "TBC is imbalance, lets f*** up oryginal blizz racial and game play" showd up. And its make me mad man, coz of guys like you many of my friends dont wanna go Ally any more. I know you wanna help, but you make it worst. It's like 3rd topick about this same sh*t... ye... let more ppl relize your point of view, and convice them that ally is "weak".

and the truth is (thankfully) Administration is not paying, a lot of atention to this minor problem... coz they know if they will mess with oryginal racials - this server is gone.

PS. (like i said many times befor) when population will be like 3K+ you wont even feel it. So better focus how to keep server alive. OK?

Sonnelion    42

Balance keeps server alive m8. If you add some faction que you solve this problem without mess up with factions and racials or anything game play related. Don't see how this is harmful when it is helpful and all those survey provide feedback admins can act upon. And if server really is 45-55% no 1 should be afraid of that penalty. 

Also guys like me played retail and are newish to this old expansion servers i don't know what was on HG nor i had any impact on other servers after that server. I can only say what i see here on every survey and also on guild recruiting on forum. Sorry but if something is white it is white , if something is black it is black, i can not go on pretending its not white or black but pink. So if really things are pink no one will be against safety mechanism provided by faction que if there really are 45% ally players. Also this does not mess up with factions or racials so you should be up for this to prevent imbalance.

Edited by Sonnelion
  • Like it! 1