The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×

Dual talents on TBC  

1. 1. TBC is a great content but... would u like to enjoy it much more with dual dps/tank/healer spec (so more tanks/healers to run what u want) or be able to PVE and PVP with the correct talents just with 1 cast or 1 relog? Im up for it, and u?

• Yes
    • No

zenya    6

I agree with this. I don't have enough time to farm professions or grind gold and even less being healer as i intend to be. Dual Spec woud help me a lot, like so many other people who can only play few hours a day due to work, studies o any other reason that occupies most of the day (for example, childrens). If we look after this kind of people, which should be many since the people who like TBC are already adults, how long will it take to really enjoy the content of this expansion? It sounds like something distant to me, currently, if the DS is not implemented, when i will be ready to join my guild to raid? They will be already in very advanced content. So, i will be one more number in the message "wow 4k+ people online!" but, I wont be enjoying the game because i will be worried about farming instead of being able to PLAY AND ENJOY.

uragogus    7

I'm going to play heal and somehow I never missed a dual spece despite playing in the alliance. If you have a problem with gold farming, you either do it wrongly or inefficiently because I never had a problem with playing the heal. I like to play pvp and pve and on reece I often spent over 1k gold per month. Many times there is the topic of how tanks and healers have a problem with farm and grind but I have not seen one of them complain about it and cried, is it a coincidence? As the nimeralos wrote, the robbers themselves are hurting themselves instead of thinking how to effectively play. TBC requires a game with people wotlk that's already been introduced by introducing the RDF system and then searching for raids. At TBC, you want to raid, you're looking for guilds. If you have problems with tanks and healers, play them or set guilds, then you will have them. In TBC you can not play solo if you want to play not only farm and walk 5-man.

A simple dual spece also disturbs the mechanics, for example, for shade of aran, the tanks turn into DPS in a few seconds and the boss is a simple puppet and other kara boss when you need only one tank. TBC mechanics does not provide an instant dual spece that must cost time and gold !!! Writing about the fact that people have their obligations as the studys, work is poor because in 2007 people who play wow have 28years+. And I see it as crying children accustomed to convenience.

• Like it! 1

Mastrade    0

I say +1 for double spec , not all of us are ratkids without live outside server, a very high number of people are 25+ old studients and workers without time to play 4 hours day, this feature is an essential requirement if you dont want with the passage of time a dead server.

Its just my opinion

Greetings

zenya    6

I had to laugh with your last words Uragorus. I precisely put this post to also express the opinion of more than 20 people whom im in contact and who don't have the time to write their opinion and are in favor of the DS for the reasons i have indicated above. And not, its not the cry of a child for her convenience, they are the words of dozens of adults who once played TBC (others not), they know how was it and they know that if they don't receive some help (call it DS or what you like) they wont be able to enjoy it again neither do raids because: 1. they don't have time; 2. because they don't have time they have to play a dps yes or yes and they cannot have then comfortably tanks/heals.

My intention isnt to discuss with anyone about my position or other's opinions and i don't like to say which its better or worse, so i don't see well some answers that seek to support unconditionally the "no to the DS". The community is made up of many people who cannot even read the forums or discord, but when they find out that for example someone in discord says "those who work full time go to retail" or something like that, they wonder if it really suits them to play on this server (with people like that).

The administrators of the server read these post and my only intention is to make them see the variety of people who play on their server and try to help them both.

Good afternoon.

• Haha 2

zapalka    9
3 hours ago, zenya said:

I had to laugh with your last words Uragorus. I precisely put this post to also express the opinion of more than 20 people whom im in contact and who don't have the time to write their opinion and are in favor of the DS for the reasons i have indicated above. And not, its not the cry of a child for her convenience, they are the words of dozens of adults who once played TBC (others not), they know how was it and they know that if they don't receive some help (call it DS or what you like) >>>they wont be able to enjoy it again neither do raids because: 1. they don't have time; 2. because they don't have time they have to play a dps yes or yes and they cannot have then comfortably tanks/heals.<<<

I think that you don't know, but WoW is a MMORPG. Every MMORPG needs A LOT of time to be a player with a good position on the server... No one will wait for you in progress race because "you don't have time". If you and your friends miss for dual spec you can go WotLK, BfA or other non-TBC server.
DPS can easier farm mobs, making quests and play world pvp, but they always had a problem to go on heroics. Tanks and healer have a problem with farming mobs and world pvp, but they don't waste their time for looking for ppl on dungeon. That is a balance. If you have a problem that tanks and healer are too weak you don't need to play on BC. 

• Like it! 5

Tomcat    18

Uragogus and Zapalka +1 -> todly agree,

@ Zenya

15 hours ago, zenya said:

I had to laugh with your last words Uragorus. I precisely put this post to also express the opinion of more than 20 people whom im in contact and who don't have the time to write their opinion and are in favor of the DS for the reasons i have indicated above. And not, its not the cry of a child for her convenience, they are the words of dozens of adults who once played TBC (others not), they know how was it and they know that if they don't receive some help (call it DS or what you like) they wont be able to enjoy it again neither do raids because: 1. they don't have time; 2. because they don't have time they have to play a dps yes or yes and they cannot have then comfortably tanks/heals.

My intention isnt to discuss with anyone about my position or other's opinions and i don't like to say which its better or worse, so i don't see well some answers that seek to support unconditionally the "no to the DS". The community is made up of many people who cannot even read the forums or discord, but when they find out that for example someone in discord says "those who work full time go to retail" or something like that, they wonder if it really suits them to play on this server (with people like that).

The administrators of the server read these post and my only intention is to make them see the variety of people who play on their server and try to help them both.

Good afternoon.

if You and Your friends dont have time to farm some gold... and just enjoy real TBC experience... you can't afford for spend like 5 minutes to go and respec during raid, or even like you said: "they dont have time to check whats going on on this forum" - Well sorry man, but definitely TBC is not for you guys. 

there are people who work and have other goals in life than being 12 hours in front of the pc playing, if they put the double spec a few players may not play, but if not so many less will play, and tanks and healers there are going to be few
  • LOL 1
  • Bravo! 1

mannimarco    9
1 hour ago, guastunperion978 said:

there are people who work and have other goals in life than being 12 hours in front of the pc playing

So play WotLK (here have WotLK realm Angrathar), MoP or another later patch, there is no need to spend a lot of time on the game. But why because there are people who have little time to convert TBC into WotLK? Then let's add some mounts from the first level, otherwise someone can say: "I don’t have enough time to go on foot and gather ore in Azeroth"

Edited by mannimarco
  • Like it! 1
  • Dislike 2

zenya    6

The normal thing is to have only few hours to play if you have a normal adult life, so are you all saying that this kind of people can't play TBC? This is discrimination in all his ways. So... now TBC is only elegible to play to people with do nothing with their lifes and students who have a lot of hours to play. It's that? We already played Wotlk, we want to play and enjoy this expansion because we have been here with Sunwell all the time long and cheer for them and we love TBC since retail. You can see, there are a lot of people posting now trying to get some help (DS) who want to play, and i see only the same persons saying "no" "you can't play this then", etc.

• Dislike 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Bravo! 2

mannimarco    9
19 minutes ago, zenya said:

This is discrimination in all his ways

Try present it to Blizzard Entertainment. :D 

P.S. I noticed a strange thing, modern people are trying to insert the concept of "discrimination" anywhere, just to get their own benefit.

Edited by mannimarco
  • It sucks! 1

zenya    6

When Blizzard launched TBC there are not a lot of people who played pc games and less who knew what they were going for. Now it's 2018 and DS isn't negative for the game objetively, can help to improve PvE and PvP plus help more players to join compared to the few who say that if it's implemented they don't play.

P.S: I'm talking about discrimination because i'm seeing a lot of comments like that in discord and here about this situation and full work time. It's start as a joke and ends up being a real discrimination. That's all.

Edited by zenya
  • Like it! 1
  • Love it! 1

Khorgel    3

This topic seems more like a discussion for the admins to see if they would rather have more people playing less time or less people being more active on the server (in terms of time).

The reality is most of the players do not have all the free time we had in the past. However, still intend to enjoy this wonderful expansion in every possibility we now have.

As a former holy priest playing since vanilla (and currently playing in Angrathar), i got to admit that having the DS implemented in wotlk was such a relieving concept. Not because it lowered the difficulty of being a top player in the game, but more like a substitute of the time played in exchange of the fun and the desire of playing.

There will be another part of the community who still remain active in the hardcore gaming (I wish I could but adult life hits hard), and they are in their right of saying "having DS is for crybabies, we want to pewpew for 10 hours straight", and honestly, it's all good. But the truth is the % that still remain like this is much lower.

Nowadays, most of the people play private servers for the fact of having the nostalgic fun we had once, but adapted to our current responsabilities.

DS will not only allow MORE people to enjoy the game, but will light the flame necessary to keep the server alive.

My vote goes for +1 DS.

• Like it! 1
  • WOW! 1
  • Love it! 1

Ahlen    8

Khorgel,

I truly believe you've just ended that discussion in perfect style giving an amazing summary.

I strongly agree with each sentence from your post. I'm a casual player as well. I used to play a lot in the past when I was 16-22 years old and now it's very difficult to find such enormous amount of free time to play in such demanding style.

I don't think people from 14-18 years range would like to see how was it to play on TBC few expansions before while Battle of Azeroth, amazing smooth mechanics and great graphic is on their screens ("Wait Dad, have you played on TBC??!?!?!? You are a dinosaur!"). I assume that most of the players playing here on TBC will be an old players from the past. 

Dual Spec feature will help players to have more fun from available content in game. It's necessary for admins just to properly limit it's exploitation in order to prevent abuse. Furthermore, there is no need to implement individual mechanic for that, just adjust options which we already have.

I play Warrior and I enjoy to PvP as much as I enjoy tanking.

Simple solutions are always the best.

I hope you agree with my post as well.

• Like it! 1
  • LOL 1
  • Bravo! 1

neheri    35

Hellground system was fine for me.

I am going to play protection warrior and having a possiblity to switch talents and spells with ASB would make my life so much easier. Let's face it, I am mostly going to farm 5mans/raids but besides doing that I would like to farm and maybe play some PvP. With HG 1000g per 6 months of free respects I was able to do that.

With blizzlike pure TBC no dual talent I just couldn't. I wouldn't pay 50g to go dps spec and then 50g possibly same day because it would take much time to earn just to pay off those respecs. With HG system it was fair - had to earn that 1000g to pay, which otherwise would mean 20 respects. Giving an option to do that and having unlimited respects for 6 months would just give a reason to play more and be active on something else than just playing favourite main role (especially for tanks, healers) but it could also be positive for everything else, for an instance PvP.  

nimeralos    47

"We don't have time to farm! But we have time for active PvE/PvP, if you change the game for us."

Anyway,

On 10/21/2018 at 5:36 PM, MrCulé said:

First, dual spec in the form of an in-game command or other easy function, known from WotLK, completely doesn’t suit us. It would really be bad for TBC experience.

Second, we’re aware that a part of people voting in this poll are fans of Wrath of the Lich King, so the results aren’t that meaningful as we thought.

What are we gonna do now? Our solution: we could try to implement a tool which would allow you to save your spec to class trainer. Yes, you’d have to visit your class trainer to switch your specs. We don’t know if we could make it without the necessity of setting up action bars. That’s what we think about implementing dual spec. We ask you for the feedback regarding that idea and to vote in the poll. Another vote is caused by the fact we want to be very careful.

In case of the poll, implementation of dual spec in the form mentioned above would be possible only after it has at least 75% approval rating. This threshold will not be up for a change, we will not lower it.

So no WotLK-style dual-spec. We'll see if the community is open to dual-spec-on-trainer solution.

zuboco    7
5 hours ago, nimeralos said:

We'll see if the community is open to dual-spec-on-trainer solution

What the community is up for?

sss.PNG.1c6b2b2a2dbb0124175c2464443ec11b.PNG

Seems it doesnt matter. The 27% against it cried much enough. Cause the excuse that they were aware that part of the people voting in this poll are fans of Wrath of the Lich King was hilarous. We are just players! You dont do a poll if you are not going to take the results seriously.

Dual talents have a lot more pros than cons, but seems those cons affect a playerbase selfish, stubborn and with a lot of time to complain.

Edited by zuboco
  • Like it! 1
  • It sucks! 2

Logicc    3

Absolutely no valid reason to not include dual spec.  It will make PvE (dungeons - heroic and regular) more active, and PvP more active.  Absolutely no good reason not to include it. 

Tomcat    18
8 hours ago, Logicc said:

Absolutely no valid reason to not include dual spec.  It will make PvE (dungeons - heroic and regular) more active, and PvP more active.  Absolutely no good reason not to include it. 

well... its all about what you mean seying "good reson" - coz you know... the only reson i (and many other players) wanna play on TBC is sentiment to the oryginal old game. So for me its "the good reason", even the ONLY reson i would say :)

So im against every kind of stuff - witch is changing game play on max lvl. Dual spec is changing it... so i vote no for typical (wotlk) dual spec.

The only way is fine for me its the old HG solution - cost like 1000 gold, half year duration, and you will have to go to ur trainer NPC if you wanna reset ur talents.

So... im glad Sunwell Administration thinks kinda same way.

Edited by Tomcat
  • Like it! 2

uragogus    7
5 hours ago, Tomcat said:

The only way is fine for me its the old HG solution - cost like 1000 gold, half year duration, and you will have to go to ur trainer NPC if you wanna reset ur talents.

• I think that 1000 gold for half a year of free change of talents is not enough. This price is ok for a maximum of one month. Two respec there and back for a week cost 200g so you have 800 gold a month. So you're 200 gold ahead. And I doubt they would shout to you, they intended to do respec less than twice a week. If you are going to play a lot and change your talents often, then you also have time for a farm !!!

mannimarco    9
2 hours ago, uragogus said:

This price is ok for a maximum of one month

This is true only if you play with only one character, and the entire time interval that you paid. But not everyone plays like that, and to those people who play different characters, or with some intervals of time, this is not so profitable, and besides, an extra 1000g is not always available, and this amount will not pay off immediately.

And not everyone needs it. For example, I wouldn't take a dual spec for mage, even for 1000g, and same for wlock :)

Edited by mannimarco

neheri    35
55 minutes ago, mannimarco said:

This is true only if you play with only one character, and the entire time interval that you paid. But not everyone plays like that, and to those people who play different characters, or with some intervals of time, this is not so profitable, and besides, an extra 1000g is not always available, and this amount will not pay off immediately.

And not everyone needs it. For example, I wouldn't take a dual spec for mage, even for 1000g, and same for wlock :)

If you don't have 1000g you can buy a single respec for 50g.

If you play multiple characters probably one of them will be available DPS spec so you can earn easily.

Imaigine you have limited time to play, so you don't have multiple characters, prefer to be a tank or healer. Dual spec (1000g for 6 months) is just a difference between day a night for a warrior tank or holy priest. 

Don't be selfish. Dual spec will let those players to do something when they actually can only play 2-3 hours a day. Otherwise they just couldn't do anything besides main spec (nobody would respec for 50g to play PvP 30 minutes.)

Sonnelion    45

As i mention in the previous post for faction balance, am not really for this to be implemented as in some of the posts there free respec for ally was also mention that can give ally a permanent benefit to compensate for the horde better racials and have the server balanced on a long term. However if this is implemented you can make sure is free for ally and horde needs to pay let say 5k gold, 1k gold is very easy to be grind in TBC and its a pure benefit that players did not had back in the days. OFC if someone plays ally and reroll horde they lose the benefit and have to pay for dual talents in case something like this is implemented.

neheri    35

5k is easy to grind. Maybe for someone who treats wow like a job.

There are also some classes that wouldn't need to respec that much - hunters, mages, warlocks, that's completely opposite from multi role classes. Therefore it wouldn't be an incentive for those DPS classed to play alliance at all. 6 months of a free respec per 1k for everyone would be fair.

To encourage people to play alliance they should receive a buff that will satisfy every class and every role, for example 10% honor boost. That's significant even in late game.

nimeralos    47
On 10/24/2018 at 9:21 PM, zuboco said:

Cause the excuse that they were aware that part of the people voting in this poll are fans of Wrath of the Lich King was hilarous. We are just players!

So you know every single "we" who has participated in that poll? It was for Angrathar and Nightbane combined, so it's absolutely obvious that a lot of the voters play Angrathar and may not have intention to play Nightbane.

We'll see if the community of the Nightbane players is open to dual-spec-on-trainer solution.

Edited by nimeralos