The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×

Dual talents on TBC  

1. 1. TBC is a great content but... would u like to enjoy it much more with dual dps/tank/healer spec (so more tanks/healers to run what u want) or be able to PVE and PVP with the correct talents just with 1 cast or 1 relog? Im up for it, and u?

• Yes
    • No

Xymos    2

Proposition: Winning a battleground earns you two "talent-respec-badges" which you can turn in (e.g. at your class-trainer) to reset your talents for free. That way battlegrounds will be frequented more often.

• Like it! 2

nimeralos    47

I said it before and I'll say it again - free dual-spec, or dual-spec away from the trainer, would in my opinion be an awful idea.

To lower the cap to, say, 25g, or to introduce an on-trainer dual-spec for, say, 1000g, is an okay-ish compromise.

I would personally prefer a BG/arena-only dualspec for, say, 1000g.

• Like it! 2

hijako    14
1 hour ago, nimeralos said:

I said it before and I'll say it again - free dual-spec, or dual-spec away from the trainer, would in my opinion be an awful idea.

To lower the cap to, say, 25g, or to introduce an on-trainer dual-spec for, say, 1000g, is an okay-ish compromise.

I would personally prefer a BG/arena-only dualspec for, say, 1000g.

Sounds reasonable - if anything, this is just a comfort-ability for high-geared players, so a big paywall sounds pretty reasonable - I mean, during early gear-ups, most people focus on developing 1 spec, not multiple anyway. 

I don't think this is some game-breaking luxury, 1k gold is quite a lot in TBC and will be passed by 80%+ of the people, + it just saves some constant walking around, nothing else. If other private servers manage to work well with things like portals or Class masters in Shattrat, I don't see an issue with this.

• Like it! 2

Ahlen    8

Lowering the maximum cost of respec should be the most efficient way to optimize that problem.

I don't think it's top priority task for Nightbane server at the moment of writing, thus we should not focus on that so much and just find the least time-consuming solution.

• Like it! 1

Lutero    2

Yea something like 20g cap for respec sounds reasonable for me also. Dual spec its fun server idea not for high population serious TBC

Edited by Lutero
  • Like it! 1

Novat    2

I played a holy paladin back in the TBC days, before Blizzard made the spell damage from healing change. And i say no dual specc. I suffered then, and i shall suffer now.

• Bravo! 1

Jeansapin    0
5 hours ago, Novat said:

I played a holy paladin back in the TBC days, before Blizzard made the spell damage from healing change. And i say no dual specc. I suffered then, and i shall suffer now.

Such a masochistic man

Aledati    6

I am hard core TBC fan and player but dual-talents are something which this expansion trully needs. TBC is one of expansions where is huge demand of tanks and healers and being one of those is rly annoying outside of party, dungeon or raid. You can not farm, you can not quest, you can not grind and so on... I am not fan od changing much things from retail but we all should understand that we need tanks and healers and this will help for sure.

• Like it! 3

uragogus    7
2 hours ago, Aledati said:

I am hard core TBC fan and player but dual-talents are something which this expansion trully needs. TBC is one of expansions where is huge demand of tanks and healers and being one of those is rly annoying outside of party, dungeon or raid. You can not farm, you can not quest, you can not grind and so on... I am not fan od changing much things from retail but we all should understand that we need tanks and healers and this will help for sure.

I will not completely agree. If you play tank or heal you have to be different to everything. You can not do farms or quests like DPS, but it's not true that you can not do q and farm because you can. I'm going to play heal

Edited by uragogus
  • Haha 1

Novat    2
2 hours ago, Aledati said:

Why would you need to quest at max level? When you respecc you make sure you have completed all of the solo quests you need to complete, then make a decision to do the group quests before or after respeccing to your new main specc. Which may make forming or joining a party set to complete one of the many group quests in Outland significantly easier. Also, where are you coming from saying that tanks can't farm? Paladins and Warriors can farm quite effectively with Petrified Lichen Guard, and Feral druid has most of the cat talents, the 3 tanks are no worse than the worst DPS at grinding world mobs for loot.

Healers have it the worst, but there are still plenty of ways to make gold. Gathering professions for example.

nimeralos    47
18 hours ago, Aledati said:

TBC is one of expansions where is huge demand of tanks and healers and being one of those is rly annoying outside of party, dungeon or raid

So being a tank/heal is cool in a party, dungeon or raid, and not so cool in farming mobs. Sounds absolutely fair to me.

Edited by nimeralos

mannimarco    9
32 minutes ago, nimeralos said:

So being a tank/heal is cool in a party, dungeon or raid, and not so cool in farming mobs. Sounds absolutely fair to me.

Just need to know where to farm as tank ;)

WoWScrnShot_090817_190010.thumb.jpg.25c1723c3ca440b9dd384324438307f6.jpg

Edited by mannimarco

KimmoKM    36
45 minutes ago, nimeralos said:

Besides, feral is among the strongest solo specs, prot paladins are really good at AoE grinding in areas like Black Temple, so only prot warriors actually draw the short straw.

And then Blizzard added daily quests to the game in 2.1, addressing that problem too.

Kryh    1

Any form of dual-talent spec would interfere with game balance in terms of gold, having one huge gold sink out of the game, will inflate prices pretty quick. Remember that tbc economy was built with gold-sink respec in mind, idk if you want to cripple that balance.

zuboco    7
45 minutes ago, Kryh said:

Any form of dual-talent spec would interfere with game balance in terms of gold, having one huge gold sink out of the game, will inflate prices pretty quick. Remember that tbc economy was built with gold-sink respec in mind, idk if you want to cripple that balance.

So you preffer a tedious respec on class trainer as a way of gold-sink instead of a dual spec with a great payment, which cost could me calculated to have the same impact on economy as respecs?

Edited by zuboco

Kryh    1
54 minutes ago, zuboco said:

So you preffer a tedious respec on class trainer as a way of gold-sink instead of a dual spec with a great payment, which cost could me calculated to have the same impact on economy as respecs?

Yes. Btw. how do you know how high cost of respec balance out respecs through whole content of a single person? Any data? ;)

• Like it! 1

zuboco    7
4 hours ago, Kryh said:

Yes. Btw. how do you know how high cost of respec balance out respecs through whole content of a single person? Any data? ;)

You really dont know what is stadistics? You can calculate the mean amount of gold a player could waste f.e. in 1 year playing. And even attaching a 1k gold payment on dual talents, im sure it will be a greater gold-sink than respecs cause people dont use to respec that much, only when needed to save more gold (so less good pvp, less tanks, less healers--->less pve). However im up for paying a comfortable dual talents for 1k or more even with a dps class.

nimeralos    47
13 hours ago, zuboco said:

You really dont know what is stadistics? You can calculate the mean amount of gold a player could waste f.e. in 1 year playing. And even attaching a 1k gold payment on dual talents, im sure it will be a greater gold-sink than respecs cause people dont use to respec that much

Lol, such muh statistics. Any real data? Mean amount of gold a player could waste in a year is close to infinity.

I don't have one, and neither does anyone. But if I'm to guess: normal tryhard respecs twice a week, it's 100g per week really soon, so 1000g pays itself quite fast, in roughly 2.5 months.

Dualspec creates problems, while most of the problems it solves are non-existant. As outlined above, tanks and healers can farm gold and can be good in it. If you pigeonhole yourself to DPS role only - it's your choice, stop asking for an easier life and get a tank friend instead.

The only good thing reduced respec cost could do is to promote PvP. Neither tanking, nor healing, nor DPSing in PvE needs any promotion.

Edited by nimeralos

zuboco    7
26 minutes ago, nimeralos said:

Lol, such muh statistics. Any real data? Mean amount of gold a player could waste in a year is close to infinity.

I don't have one, and neither does anyone. But if I'm to guess: normal tryhard respecs twice a week, it's 100g per week really soon, so 1000g pays itself quite fast, in roughly 2.5 months.

Dualspec creates problems while not even solving any other problem. As outlined above, tanks and healers can farm gold and can be good in it. If you pigeonhole yourself to DPS role only - it's your choice, stop asking for an easier life and get a tank friend instead.

The only good thing reduced respec cost could do is to promote PvP.

You really think most of the players will pay more than 1k gold doing respec? They will save as we all do and will respec only when needed. So how dual is going to promote PVP only? You cant see how much could improve PVE too? Its not asking for an easier life, its common sense.

Also dualspec doesnt create problems. I answered you back all those "problems" dualspec would make cause they are not problems, are just complains of some dps players that care more about their farm more than the status of the server. You will have a lot of time farming or counting your gold while LF tank +1h. And I will have some friends tanks but they cant play all day... 

Souka    4

TL;DR of this thread: DPS' telling tanks and healers they can farm fine and should just spend that gold in respecs to have fun

If you do a survey that comes out that most want the double spec, should be put, we all want to play tbc but you do not have to play at 100%, there are many times in raids that you have to change a couple of times, and not everyone can play 6 hours a day to farm the gold.

Novat    2

But when Blizzard designed and balanced the raids. People swapping talents between bosses was not taken into consideration. Swapping talents mid raid should be time consuming, expensive and it should be done as a last resort to kill a boss you are stuck on. At least the developers agree it should be time consuming.

Morenito    0

I suggest a double spec like in wotlk But every time u use it make it cost gold like a talent reset, this way u don't need to change your UI skills from 1 side to other or travel to the trainer. It still cost gold to re spec but u don't need to move shit. I think this is a good idea