Sign in to follow this  
Heindark

About the PvP status of the server

Heindark    0

Hi to all, I want to ask about the PvP status on this server.

I've read about a balance big problem, because Alliance are more and better than Horde, but this was a month ago. So, exist that problem already? or is more balanced now?

I know that Alliance is "more PvP oriented", especially because humans have 1 more trinket, but I've read about a 90% alliance victory, and this is to exaggerated.

I always have played in Alliance, and I'm starting in this server as a horde, but if I will have this problem, I think I will play in alliance.

I don't want to play in the winner horse, I only want to have fun in PvP, starting in BGs for the first gear, and preparing to arenas.

I know that I can find a PvP guild to improve the experience in Horde, but I'm a academic student, and I haven't got time, so I need to play in randoms when I have time.

Please, I want yours honest opinions, I think 90% win rate for Alliance is almost impossible and is a exaggeration, but I don't know. 

So, is fun to play PvP in the Horde?

Pd. I see that a new PvP season start soon, can this change the PvP balance? 

Thanks to all, and i'm sorry if anything is written wrong, I'm from Spain and I try to write without the Google translate (it's so bad) for practice my English.

Vaxsysl    8

It depends from week to week and the day of logging in. When Sunwell has 3x exp event, you get an influx of "naked" 80s in BGs and thus the weight of victory becomes heavier if your side has more naked ppl (ironically naked ppl can still do wonderful things if played right, but no).

Wintergrasp DEFENSE is often lost from either faction due to players not mounting the cannons at base, instead, they all go south and lose the game within 5min. Wintergrasp OFFENSE is often failed because people don't wait those 5sec for someone to get rank and because rarely anyone defends the south. Team of 5-10 players is oftentimes capable of guarding the south, ensuring 16 vehicles. But no.

Battlegrounds depend on the time of day. Both factions do some premades on the weekly basis. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, yet I haven't experienced any total dominance, apart from when the enemy team has a premade AND your team is filled with the kind of players that ignore objectives or are bad players such as paladins who don't use Sacred Shield, Cleanse, AoW procs to heal or Hand spells to support their team, as personal worst examples. So in a nutshell, there's no weekly DOMINANCE happening, just varying times in the day and the day itself.

And besides, why on Azeroth would you ever listen to kids crying on the forums? :) Play what you find fun , find people to do premades with and have fun!

Avarishd    31
2 hours ago, Vertazwar said:

Battleground balance depends if I am online or not.

big Sunder Boy Poggers

Edited by Avarishd
  • Perfect! 1

Tuhka    0

I've read about a balance big problem, because Alliance are more and better than Horde, but this was a month ago. So, exist that problem already? or is more balanced now?

Quite frankly, no. Most Battlegrounds end up being the same geared up Alliance players that camp the BGs on daily basis boosting their team against the fresh Horde or alts that instantly stop running BGs the moment they get arena starting gear to escape the cesspool. This creates a very noticable gear cap in random battlegrounds.

I know that Alliance is "more PvP oriented", especially because humans have 1 more trinket, but I've read about a 90% alliance victory, and this is to exaggerated.

I always have played in Alliance, and I'm starting in this server as a horde, but if I will have this problem, I think I will play in alliance.

I don't want to play in the winner horse, I only want to have fun in PvP, starting in BGs for the first gear, and preparing to arenas.

Not 90% overall, but random battlegrounds are actually quite horrid.

This has been the situation for the past few days on random BG (SS taken right as this is written):

image.png.23571085be618aa0e3dfb90732543912.png

If you're into arenas, Alliance does give you a significantly smoother ride to starter gear and better racials overall.

If you're into battlegrounds, Angrathar isn't for you (unless you enjoy premades, since then the situation turns around and you end up being the one steamrolling without much challenge but getting extra honor in the process).

Alliance usually holds WG by default until the last few days when people on the Horde want their weekly VoA and start forming teams to blitz it. In between it's mostly people tolerating the 2-6 tenacity starts on Horde for the 1 mark you get for sitting in.

Here's the stats that speak for themselves:

image.png.5f79f00d3a2ed525d7223c1c3b0b6321.png

That being said, right now the top teams in all arena brackets are Horde.

So, is fun to play PvP in the Horde?

Fun is subjective.

If you don't want to roll human or nelf for op racials, don't. Winning against ridiculous odds is sometimes more fun than getting carried. Whatever floats your boat.

Edit: Added WG stats.

Edited by Tuhka