natumes

Option to disable world PVP

natumes    0

Please either add a PVE server or an option for players to completely disable world pvp. It is not fun to be questing and have people wait until you start fighting a mob and then come from behind and kill you then sit and camp your corpse repeatedly. This has happened to me so much on this server and I hate it. I have no desire to PVP, it's not fun, and it's really not fun while I'm leveling and have no chance against the people that are killing me because of level advantage. I've had 4 days where I'm able to actually play games this week and 2 of them have been completely ruined by this. 

• Sad 1

Cryptex    18

PvP is part of the game. Playing WoW without PvP would be like playing another game. You might not find fun in PvP and play for the PvE aspect but there are people that play just for the PvP.

• Dislike 4

Jonxx    5

I would support this, if someone does not want to pvp and just want to quest in peace he should be able to. Sometimes you just want to chill and not have to watch out for people attacking you all the time.

And no World PVP is not crucial part of the game. That's why on global there were servers that had it disabled for the most part. Many people don't care about it at all, and are only here for pve part of the game.

Edited by Jonxx
  • Sad 1
  • Bravo! 2

Antik    32
On 9/23/2018 at 5:56 AM, Aval said:

People are toxic, stupid asshols... u must deal with it. 

>people who enjoy this game differently than I do are toxic assholes

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I didn't die once on my main leveling from 1-80 due to a horde character that was anything more than incidental. Why should other people's fun be removed because you dislike it? Why should other people's fun be removed because you think they're assholes and you are a child with no ability to cope.

3 hours ago, Jonxx said:

And no World PVP is not crucial part of the game. Yet by default it's enabled and Blizzard needed to specifically add other nonPvP enabled servers for people who don't like it.

See above.

Edited by Antik
  • Dislike 1
  • Sad 1

Jonxx    5

So you are allowed to take other people fun, but other can not do the same by not partaking in activity like pvp? Hypocrite.

Also no ability to cope? I deal with it, I wouldn't play on this server otherwise. But it would be nice not having to deal with something you dislike.

Edited by Jonxx
  • Like it! 1

Antik    32

How is it hypocritical?

Game comes with PvP by default, server you joined is PvP as is. Other people like PvP. You want to remove it from them.

They're taking nothing from you that isn't necessitated by the game and server. You're just a whiny and entitled brat.

21 minutes ago, Jonxx said:

But it would be nice not having to deal with something you dislike.

I don't like having to use my time to travel between point A and point B. They should add an instant teleport feature with unlimited distance and scope.

I don't like how I don't get all items other players loot.

I don't like how I don't get all gold other players receive.

It doesn't matter that you don't like it. This is how the game is; deal with it.

19 minutes ago, Jonxx said:

So you are allowed to take other people fun, but other can not do the same by not partaking in activity like pvp? Hypocrite.

You absolutely can. You can level slowly through instances, or only level in alliance zones. It's your choice, you have the options and want the game to be modified for your liking and for other people's disliking.

As I said above: stop being so entitled.

Edited by Antik
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha 1

Jonxx    5

True, it doesn't matter what we like or not. So if server owners suddenly wanted to change ruleset to non pvp you'd have to deal with it as well. Also it's so ironic being called entitled by someone who is behaving like yourself. Indeed, I might be entitled, but so are you. And the fact that you immediately resort to ad hominem speaks a lot about yourself.

Edited by Jonxx

Jonxx    5

Yeah, it kind of is,  it's very unlikely for this to change at this point of server lifetime.

Edited by Jonxx

Cryptex    18

It's a Blizzlike server, nobody is supposed to change stuff so you feel better. Next thing you are gonna want is to get free items cuz putting effort to raid is too much for you. If you can't deal with the world PvP you can always go play Skyrim.

Jonxx    5

Hahah, there we go. Straight to slippery slope fallacy. Pathetic.

At any case, it's not happening anyway, because from what I've gathered earlier by few searches, no world pvp leads to a much smaller server population. So case closed imo. You could simply point this out, instead of making dumb arguments.

Edited by Jonxx

Aval    2
2 hours ago, Jonxx said:

At any case, it's not happening anyway, because from what I've gathered earlier by few searches, no world pvp leads to a much smaller server population. So case closed imo. You could simply point this out, instead of making dumb arguments.

Gankers will leave server? fine for me :P 

• Dislike 1

Vaxsysl    8

Due to crazy work schedule I am not raiding at all and thus during my available past times I level up either solo (questing) or together (group RDF / group queue never-to-come-BGs). So far I have encountered zero problems but few STV/Tanaris skirmishes (then again I am a PvPer so I took care of business, and besides, if 80s come, it's all the more fun when  five guildies come to camp them at location and GY, and they never bother you ever again) and most either Horde or Alliance (I am leveling on both factions) are passive.

If you want to quest in pace, go to 1-60 zones which are not popular PvP hubs. 60-70 endure it. 70+ if you don't have flying, well, endure it? You can always team up with other people. On the hard point, if you are here to quest, change zones and/or come back at higher level. If you want to level up in peace, find RDF groups and voila, problems are solved. Just don't find retards.

Edited by Vaxsysl
Forgot good old Tanaris

Antik    32

On 9/24/2018 at 5:04 PM, Jonxx said:

Also it's so ironic being called entitled by someone who is behaving like yourself.

Do you know what irony means? Because you're using it wrong. I never claimed I was owed anything. You and yours; however, are. Which IS entitlement.

4 hours ago, Jonxx said:

He didn't use slippery slope at all. Not even remotely close. He made a point, he didn't successively make the point with worse and worse examples.

Do any of you actually have an argument to make besides wanting free gibs?

Or are you all entitled narcissists who only think their fun matters and no one elses fun does?

2 hours ago, Aval said:

Gankers will leave server? fine for me :P 

So instead of a 3k population server you'd like a 300 population server?

How about we reverse this. How about the evil gankers make a thread asking to force the pvp flag EVERYWHERE including alliance zones for alliance players and vice versa. That would be ridiculous would it not? Because what you're asking is just as ridiculous and reeks of being lazy, entitled poor sports.

Basically you're the problem with the west today.

Edited by Antik
  • Dislike 1
  • It sucks! 1

Jonxx    5

Not gonna respond to you again, since you do not seem to be interested in proper discussion. Have a nice day! (Or night)

Edited by Jonxx

Aval    2
6 hours ago, Antik said:

So instead of a 3k population server you'd like a 300 population server?

How about we reverse this. How about the evil gankers make a thread asking to force the pvp flag EVERYWHERE including alliance zones for alliance players and vice versa. That would be ridiculous would it not? Because what you're asking is just as ridiculous and reeks of being lazy, entitled poor sports.

Basically you're the problem with the west today.

Sure, coz everybody are like you... :D 

Asking pvp bots for having fun with people like them is "ridiculous"? U wanna pvp? Go bg, arena, duel, or that wintergrasp poor horde cant control... :P

So, when u force me to do something what i dont wanna do, its cool... but when i "force" u the same, i'm "being lazy, entitled poor sports."? U're marvelous hypocrite :D 

Yeah, that's real challenge, ganks low lvl, or kill people fighting with mobs... 

Antik    32
18 hours ago, Jonxx said:

Not gonna respond to you again, since you do not seem to be interested in proper discussion. Have a nice day! (Or night)

>I can't answer any of your statements or questions with valid points so here's an ad hom!!!!

• Dislike 1

Antik    32
13 hours ago, Aval said:

Sure, coz everybody are like you... :D 

Asking pvp bots for having fun with people like them is "ridiculous"? U wanna pvp? Go bg, arena, duel, or that wintergrasp poor horde cant control... :P

So, when u force me to do something what i dont wanna do, its cool... but when i "force" u the same, i'm "being lazy, entitled poor sports."? U're marvelous hypocrite :D 

Yeah, that's real challenge, ganks low lvl, or kill people fighting with mobs... 

The game is world of WARcraft.

You are NOT being forced to play. Your playing is your decision and only your decision. Anything you experience that you dislike about this game is solely because of your choice to play the game. If you don't like it;

leave

• Like it! 1
  • Dislike 1

kingbear    1

It wasn't until a couple months after WoW released that PvP servers were added to the game.  So I guess it was really just World of craft, eh?

• Whaaaat? 1
  • Bravo! 1

Cryptex    18

That's because up until that moment WoW was consisting of both PvP and PvE but thanks to crybabies like you they introduced "warmode" and had to give the PvP players a place to play the real game and not a crippled alternative made purposely easier for players with not enough brain capacity to comprehend the complete version of the game.

• Dislike 1

Jonxx    5

That's funny because you people pro-worldpvp are crying twice as much. You don't even have brain capacity for civil conversation, instead you go and insult anyone who disagree with you. I'm sure you've convinced anyone of anything. /s Well, bye, welcome to my ignore list. :)

PS. Grow up.

Edited by Jonxx
  • Like it! 1

Cryptex    18
53 minutes ago, Jonxx said:

That's funny because you people pro-worldpvp are crying twice as much. You don't even have brain capacity for civil conversation, instead you go and insult anyone who disagree with you. I'm sure you've convinced anyone of anything. /s Well, bye, welcome to my ignore list.

I tried explaining it in a very civilized way but you people seem to not understand basic stuff so let me repeat it for you again:

• This is the game.
  • You don't always get what you want in life.
  • Nobody is forcing you to play it.

You are the one who called me "pathetic" without me even saying anything offensive to you so it's funny that you are talking about insults. In all of your messages in this topic, until this point, you have exactly one argument which got completely dismantled. Instead, in your replies you either steal the other person's comment and try to use it against him, which doesn't lead to a great success and just shows how unoriginal you are, or you say something of the sort of "welcome to my ignore list", which just shows that you can't keep up with the phase of the conversation and that you admit defeat. 

• Dislike 1

Jonxx    5

Hmm, ignore system needs some work, still showed me your post on front page. Okay, I'll answer you one last time.

No, you were not civilized. Saying you do something, does not make it true.

"This is the game." - Agreed

"You don't always get what you want in life." - Agreed, but it works both ways. World PvP could be disabled and you'd have to deal with it as well.

"Nobody is forcing you to play it." - See above. Btw I never said this is gamebreaking for me. I can easily deal with world pvp.

I haven't called YOU pathetic. I've called your usage of slippery slope fallacy pathetic. That's a huge difference. The moment you do that you've completely lost argument. I agree I was also kind of passive aggressive, but I was not the one who started it. It was you pseudo pvpers.

Anyway, seriously not gonna respond anymore, gonna remove front page box with new replies, so I don't see your posts again. Bye!

Edited by Jonxx

Cryptex    18
42 minutes ago, Jonxx said:

Hmm, ignore system needs some work, still showed me your post on front page. Okay, I'll answer you one last time.

No, you were not civilized. Saying you do something, does not make it true.

"This is the game." - Agreed

"You don't always get what you want in life." - Agreed, but it works both ways. World PvP could be disabled and you'd have to deal with it as well.

"Nobody is forcing you to play it." - See above.

I haven't called YOU pathetic. I've called your usage of slippery slope fallacy pathetic. That's a huge difference. The moment you do that you've completely lost argument. I agree I was also kind of passive aggressive, but I was not the one who started it. It was you pseudo pvpers.

Anyway, seriously not gonna respond anymore, gonna remove front page box with new replies, so I don't see your posts again. Bye!

Yet another message in your style:

• Trying to use my comment against me - Check.
  • Saying you're not gonna answer - Check.
  • Presenting zero arguments - Check.

In fact, yes, I was civilized and everyone can see it. I was simply presending my point of view without targeting anyone. Calling someone's actions pathetic is like calling him pathetic aswell, the difference is little to none. We didn't start it, it was your friend who said "People are toxic, stupid asshols... u must deal with it.", clearly talking about the gankers (PvP people). Atleast we learned something new from your "last" reply and that's that to the list of stuff you are we can also add "a person who can't keep his word" as you proved it yourself. It doesn't matter if you saw my reply or not, if you really wished not to reply to it you wouldn't. And since I know you are gonna read this message but pretend like you didn't, I'd just add that I'd feel better about myself knowing a person like you is not gonna share his crooked point of view with us anymore so that's a win-win for me.

• Dislike 1