Sign in to follow this  
tkpk

The easiest class for PvP

tkpk    0

Hi. I want to start playing pvp and i dont reach 80 yet. On previus ralm Feronis I lvled up to 80 my rogue because i thought it will be class which i want to play pvp. Unfortunately nobody wants to play arenas with me so i try some battlegrounds and 1vs1. The problem is that i cant kill anyone. I heard there are a lot of players (on Sunwell) who play this game for many years so they are pro. What should I do? Try again lvling rogue or maybe choose an other class?

hijako    10

I thought people played certain classes, cause they feel the most comfortable playing that class (or at least it has the most appeal to them), not that its just the easiest one to win pvp with....

I mean, mind as well say right now some class, like "paladin" and then 70% of BGs get full of paladins only...

I'm pretty sure you're the one that has to pick the best class for you on you own and based on your pvp experience. Otherwise, why bother play this game

tkpk    0

I dont want to "best class" i want to try the easiest class for learning pvp cuz on rogue i can do shit.

Cryptex    17

It's hard to say which class is the "easiest" but normally classes that don't use any/much CC are easier. This means classes like warrior (arms), DK (unholy), shaman (elemental) and paladin (holy) for healers.  

On the other hand, classes that are tankier and are less punishable when making a mistake are also easier to play, rather than classes that die everytime they make a mistake. Those are again pretty much the same classes: warrior, DK, paladin, mage.

This doesn't certainly mean those classes are easy to play at high level, it means it's easier to get to a mediocre skill level. Other thing about the classes I mentioned above (except mage) is that they are more gear dependant, e.g. warrior or a DK without gear is pretty much useless, while classes with CC (rogue, hunter, mage), maybe wont kill you, but can be very effective and completely control you if played right, no matter what gear they got. Overall, there is no chart that you can rate classes difficulty by, your personal playstyle will make certain classes fit you better than others.

• Like it! 1

nimeralos    32

Think it's pala yea. DKs are quite OP and therefore can be considered quite easy too.

You're right, there're quite a few pro's around, but I do think there're also noobs/casuals. I never tried arenas though, and BGs - well, they depend on your team, not much of a personal contribution.

Xil    3

DKs are strong and don't have many abilites and aren't complicated to play. That means they're the easiest.

Edited by Xil

Vaxsysl    8
On 29/08/2018 at 12:17 PM, tkpk said:

On previus ralm Feronis I lvled up to 80 my rogue because i thought it will be class which i want to play pvp.

"You thought". What are you looking for in PvP? Rogue is a playmaker - sets up the pace. You're not there to dish out the numbers. Though your burst is potent and Mutprep spec has good steady damage, but limited mobility. Rogue is more about control. 

i try some battlegrounds and 1vs1. The problem is that i cant kill anyone.

Resuming from above. 1on1 is tricky, you need to use your cooldowns right. As I said, you're the playmaker, not the one to dish out the numbers (outside of Shadow Dance burst). You don't fight any melee head-on, ever. And casters, well, you need to be even smarter against them. Killing someone 1on1 takes experience after all, and who knows, they are more than likely more experienced with the game than you are.

I heard there are a lot of players (on Sunwell) who play this game for many years so they are pro. What should I do? Try again lvling rogue or maybe choose an other class?

Myself, I am playing since vanilla, though I skipped TBC and came back with retail WotLK. Later on I resumed WotLK on private back in 2010 and I here I am still today. So if you were to meet me as you are, I'd probably slap you silly and counter most CCs you do to my team in a BG.

What you should do? Play more rogue. Play and play more. Rogue was my main PvP char in 2011. I leveled almost exclusively through BGs (17k kill count upon reaching level 80). I have had four learning curves:

The first one, I was in full level 60 PvP set and not being higher than level 66 and going up against twinks. Here I learned how control is important. I often ended up killing most 69 twinks as level 60, tho looking back, they were idiots with gear and were used to slapping things in front of them and were oblivious to mind games. I dinged to 66 for Cloak of Shadows because twink casters were otherwise just brutal. My main goal was getting that WSG flag past everyone, so I learned my CC well here.

Second learning curve was from level 70 with blue PvP gears from TBC (rep vendors) and vendor 70 arena offset. Highlights of combat PvP was 3vs1 on more than one occasion and how by 74 I bested every single twink 1on1 in dalaran sewers. But here I learned the value of encounter control. Sap that hunter/caster in the back not yet in combat, open with Cheap Shot on that healer, step to a hunter for Dismantle, sprint back to that sapped caster to Blind him, Gouge another, Step back to healer and interrupt heal, wait for DR to expire then Kidney Shot. Use Prep, step to a DK that's harassing my healer, do a Backstab (undispellable slow via Waylay) and perform Dismantle, sprint back to that healer, Kick him, wait for some energy and Shadow Dance his ass out.
^Example of playmaking. I won numerous BGs for that control (if I made the right call) + carrying the flag, more than fighting itself.

Third learning curve was fresh 80 and how players were no longer so nukable due to resilience. First set of arenas, how I must adapt my play to my partner (was playing with Disc first), and how we must synchronize our control if we are to win some tricky combos (hpala+enhance, omg get away 45min game). 

And fourth learning curve was when we reached high rated arenas. When players are no longer stupid. When there's no overlapping of CCs. When someone's mind games are better than your own and you fall into traps that never seemed like one, but they were.

Learning, learning, and more learning.

You need to have fun while playing if you're to learn. You need to be eager - and you must be facing the odds. There's little to learn if enemies act like NPCs, hold W and follow you in a bee line wherever you go. You can't get better unless you face someone as good or better than you. Imagination is your limitation.

On 29/08/2018 at 7:51 PM, Cryptex said:

Overall, there is no chart that you can rate classes difficulty by, your personal playstyle will make certain classes fit you better than others.

See what he said? His whole post is good, though of what's easier could be argued. Your personal playing style counts a lot. Some can't or won't play melee, some can't playing a caster. Some players enjoy being able to heal/assist, some have headaches when they have to "stop" attacking to provide support. To finish, Rogue is a wonderful class in PvP. What I said a few times however - rogue is a playmaker. You're not there to face someone off 1on1 head on, like e.g. warriors do - you must be crafty with your approach and always have the upper hand. Question is, do you enjoy that kind of approach?  If you want we can have a chat, throw me a PM anytime this week, I'm on vacation and I have some time on my hands.

Vertazwar    15

Paladin - Retri for BGs, Holy for Bgs/Arenas is quite easy, but retri is easier

Unholy DK - both for BGs and Arenas, very easy class once you learn the basics. One of the easiest to push arena rating with = easy best in slot pieces pvp.

Warrior is hard with macros and to get going, isnt too hard to play on average lvl, but can be hard to play correctly vs good opponents. also: diffence between good war and bad war is like 40% extra damage done+

Shaman - Ele is quite simple. Easy rotation, spam root, sometimes hex and offheal. I wouldnt recommend it for starters tho. Rsham is rly good if played properly.

Hunter - If you like playing from range this is go to class. Stay on max range, spam rotation and you are BG king. With arenas its bit difficult class to play.

Rogue - Hard to start with, Assa is quite easy tho, but its hard for starters.

Druid - Nope

Priest - Nope

Mage - Nope, maybe Arcane for BGs

Warlock - Nope

In conclusion: Go Retri if you like BGs, Go DK if you want to play arenas aswell, DK takes some effort to learn, but is realy simple and repetitive, but very strong. Hunter is realy good for BGs aswell. I would honestly go DK, its easy strong class, but you might want to check some good guides.