Sign in to follow this  
Sanguine

Tiny little buff please?

Sanguine    2

I don't suppose you can decrease the mana cost of priest spells a tad? Playing holy priest is basically a ten second run. Mild burst healing for just a few seconds and your out. Dungeons are forced to just barely a crawl because I have to stop and drink after every pull. Granted I don't know how things are past the lower levels, but its just something to look into at the very least from 1-25. I'll let you know how bad it is past that at a later date. lol

• Dislike 2

Sitar    0

I'd say on 3.3.5 IMO it was some of the easiest gameplay in comparison to the expansions before it.  Don't level as a holy priest if you want things to go by a little faster.

Vaxsysl    8

I'm going to take a guess here. You're going oom fast because players are tanking unnecessary damage and "tank" is usually just someone who can queue as tank and has a shield / dire bear form / frost presence ready. They require a lot more healing than a true tank does... especially so if they pull mobs by holding W instead of strafing and jump-turning to avoid as much damage it is possible. And LoSing casters, who ever heard of that? /chuckle

My priest is currently in mid forties. I don't have Spirit Tap talented. I can manage to heal several big pulls or one insane pull before I have to drink. Big pull? To pull "straight" line of mobs leading from Scarlet Cathedral entrance to the gate. Insane pull? After drinking there, tank barging in and getting all remaining mobs (we only do this if we have group with strong AoE and pref. a class that can help kite, such as hunter or shaman, or frost mage with talented Blizzard).

Glyph of Renew and Glyph of Holy Nova serve me fine. Focus on using (Greater) Heal and avoid shielding unless you know that trouble will happen. Otherwise heal mainly with Glyphed Renew and see if timing Holy Nova can heal the party (in other words if it is more useful mana-wise, considering hps ratio per mana is high).

Good trick to do is to talent Spirit Tap and find a good target for your Holy Fire spell (easiest to land killing blow with atm, at least for me). It's felt better post 42 when you get Holy Concentration, your regeneration can be insane if more than 50% of the items you wear have Spirit stat on it. It also helps if you have both caster loom trinkets to negate manacost of Holy Fire, but that's another thing entirely.

And well, if you have mana issues in outland, its Discipline for you. Myself, I am enjoying Holy. But alas, without a good tank and if the dps is nothing impressive, you do have to drink a lot.

Sanguine    2
On 8/4/2018 at 9:33 AM, Vaxsysl said:

I'm going to take a guess here. You're going oom fast because players are tanking unnecessary damage and "tank" is usually just someone who can queue as tank and has a shield / dire bear form / frost presence ready. They require a lot more healing than a true tank does... especially so if they pull mobs by holding W instead of strafing and jump-turning to avoid as much damage it is possible. And LoSing casters, who ever heard of that? /chuckle

My priest is currently in mid forties. I don't have Spirit Tap talented. I can manage to heal several big pulls or one insane pull before I have to drink. Big pull? To pull "straight" line of mobs leading from Scarlet Cathedral entrance to the gate. Insane pull? After drinking there, tank barging in and getting all remaining mobs (we only do this if we have group with strong AoE and pref. a class that can help kite, such as hunter or shaman, or frost mage with talented Blizzard).

Glyph of Renew and Glyph of Holy Nova serve me fine. Focus on using (Greater) Heal and avoid shielding unless you know that trouble will happen. Otherwise heal mainly with Glyphed Renew and see if timing Holy Nova can heal the party (in other words if it is more useful mana-wise, considering hps ratio per mana is high).

Good trick to do is to talent Spirit Tap and find a good target for your Holy Fire spell (easiest to land killing blow with atm, at least for me). It's felt better post 42 when you get Holy Concentration, your regeneration can be insane if more than 50% of the items you wear have Spirit stat on it. It also helps if you have both caster loom trinkets to negate manacost of Holy Fire, but that's another thing entirely.

And well, if you have mana issues in outland, its Discipline for you. Myself, I am enjoying Holy. But alas, without a good tank and if the dps is nothing impressive, you do have to drink a lot.

this works... thank you...

It's been a while  since I've played my favorite expansion.