Sign in to follow this  
pinchpoint

Fire mage T8 - 4 set

pinchpoint    0

I havnt been using the 4 set so much, yet. But i feel like the proc rate is very low or nearly 0. Can someone confirm that it works or what proc rate it has.

Vaxsysl    8

Conjure yourself some Strudels and go sit at a training dummy. The proc rate should be at 10-20% and can proc on any cast, even the one you just used.

But don't look at combat log. The proc doesn't refresh your Hot Streak / Missile Barrage / Brain Freeze, but makes your cast NOT CONSUME your proc, allowing further usages. There's nothing to track in the combat log. (I've seen someone on Discord with "! Fix Mage T8 (4) bonus !" name, so it could be that it is indeed bugged)

Edited by Vaxsysl

darklordxd    0

10-20%? I call it bullshit. I talked to many mages with x4 bonus since I felt it being way too low and they felt the same. It really feels like being at a 2-3% at best to proc a double hot streak even though it should be at least 10%-30%. On wowhead people talked about it back when wotlk retail was current and they said they had even moments where they had double hot streaks 5 times or more in a row when they were lucky. Angrathar's t8 4p bonus is FAR away from that. I had never 2 procs in a row after hours of testing and so didnt many mages I talked to. Please fix. 

5b2439772ca1a_hotstreak.thumb.png.9ad9f29b5f375cda15ae3bb2169f08f5.png

Edited by darklordxd

gattious    0

The proc chance is suppose to be 20% and NO ICD.. 

IT doesn't feel that way either, i'm to lazy / busy to put in a big enough sample to nail down what the chance is on this server but it doesn't feel like it's 20%.

Antik    32

It is. It's at or less than 10% and on retail it was 20% when it was relevant. Apparently Sunwell won't fix this regardless of the half dozen threads up about it.

Vaxsysl    8

I haven't played for a month and something, but the last time I did it was "fixed". I'm not sure if it is correct way (think not), but it began working akin to a bug that Warriors had with Sudden Death which allowed infinite amount of Execute usages for as long as the buff was active. What I mean to say is that last time I checked, Hot Streak was never used up, it merely expired - and cast as many instant Pyroblasts for the duration. AFAIK, it should instead have that ~20% chance to not consume upon usage - once, and it can proc on itself.

I mean, full 10sec of Pyroblast spam, that's just mean and doesn't taste right. Way too OP compared to other set bonuses. But it works like it does, and since I don't know the retail version with 100% conviction I can't say much other that above thoughts.

• Like it! 1