The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Ikaine1

PVP is nearly unbearable

Ikaine1    1

I started pvping on my Horde rogue about a month ago and it's been absolute trash the entire time. Outnumbered and out-geared are common problems for the Horde in BGS. As a result the win rate is beyond underwhelming. 1/10 games is the win rate I've been experiencing with a lucky high of 3/10. Whether horde is garbage, i'm garbage, or simply bad rng is too blame, there must be some kind of fix or help for this issue. Horde don't que because it's so not worth it. And if Horde don't que, nobody plays.

Better loss rewards for the horde would be a great start. Some have suggested Cross faction bgs, which is an okay idea though I am not a fan of it myself.

Quick update, on my 11th BG, all losses and lost WG as well. Trying to keep playing. Still attempting to get my first win of the day.

Just got my first win of the day, 16th game was the winner.

I'm just gonna stop doing bg's, I don't think anyones attempting to find a solution. Lost another bg and it was because there just isn't enough horde queing so we are outnumbered the whole time. Good luck with your lack of horde joining ques problem. World PVP is the new way to gain honor for the horde.

Edited by Ikaine1

Xil    3

The problem with WotLK PvP is that most classes have best PvP racial abilities in Alliance while the best PvE ones are in Horde so all the dragon slayers that have no clue about PvP are in Horde while MOST people focused on PvP are in Alliance. There's no fixing this issue right now (most good PvPers are in Alliance already).

Ikaine1    1

So lets do nothing at all for the horde that cannot win to save their lives. I think you are missing the point of finding a solution. If the win-rate is trash and the couple points you made (Which are great reasons) for why the horde are losing, then it would only make sense to add in some sort of counter measures to balance out the obvious imbalance... An honor boost for horde side lost games is sort of a no-brainer. Maybe 1,000 honor opposed to the 620. 

Vaxsysl    15

Start making premades. The best solution ever.

Have someone who knows how to "speak" type out commands (suggestions) for others to follow ("Don't fight outside the cap zone! GET BACK!" said in whisper, say channel as well as BG. 

There are numerous ways how to enrich your BG experience. Complaining won't do anything. Buckle up.

Xil    3

No matter what you do PvPers that are in Alliance are there for the racials they can exploit in arenas. You can make so Alliance gets 1 honor point per BG win and most PvPers will still stay in Alliance.

Antik    54
On 6/1/2018 at 1:21 AM, Xil said:

The problem with WotLK PvP is that most classes have best PvP racial abilities in Alliance while the best PvE ones are in Horde

That's a bad joke. Right?

Blood elf = instant AOE silence. Purely offensive.

So good for PVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Undead = fear break, see above.

Tauren = war stomp.  Mostly offensive.

Troll = berserking [while good for PVE is excellent for PVP], and snare reduction by 20%. Purely offensive.

Orc = blood fury [while good for PVE is excellent for PVP], and stun reduction by 20%. Purely offensive.

Alliance has;

Dwarf = removal of poison, disease, curse, magic, bleed and reduces all physical damage taken by 10% for 8s. Good, but purely defensive.

Gnome = escape artist. Great but defensive.

Human = Every man for himself which is PVP trinket s a racial but it makes the PVP trinket useless and loses the char. 100+ resilience or other stat bonus.

Night Elf = Shadowmeld = yay I can hide and not PvP!!! Oh and I run back as a ghost (wisp) 75% faster after I die.

Draenei = Gift of the Naaru [20% heal over 5s - 3min CD] great more defense.

This OP and the posts following it are pure, unadulterated salt. To think I just got off work and now I'm back in the salt mines.

Ikaine1    1

I am trying to win on the Horde side, so no I won't be re-rolling to alliance. Also, I understand premades are fantastic, and that is a solution for a group of people, not for the pug players that are casually pvping. I should mention that I play NA times, which I hear plays a factor in winrates. 

pvp.thumb.png.49a0c7b2916ef2f15cc77c055fdb48ab.png

Vertazwar    16

Maybe its just because you are trash, or/and you que at times when Alliance arena players are active the most. As you can see even low exp frost dk on horde has 210:91 score total in battlegrounds. Stop crying like a little b**ch, thanks.

• Dislike 2
  • Thanks 1

Ikaine1    1

Why post on here if you are going to a toxic dick? I'm looking for practical solutions to an issue that myself and others are facing. If it's not affecting you then bugger off mate.

• Like it! 1

Xil    3
On 3.06.2018 at 4:45 AM, Antik said:

That's a bad joke. Right?

Blood elf = instant AOE silence. Purely offensive.

So good for PVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Undead = fear break, see above.

Tauren = war stomp.  Mostly offensive.

Troll = berserking [while good for PVE is excellent for PVP], and snare reduction by 20%. Purely offensive.

Orc = blood fury [while good for PVE is excellent for PVP], and stun reduction by 20%. Purely offensive.

Alliance has;

Dwarf = removal of poison, disease, curse, magic, bleed and reduces all physical damage taken by 10% for 8s. Good, but purely defensive.

Gnome = escape artist. Great but defensive.

Human = Every man for himself which is PVP trinket s a racial but it makes the PVP trinket useless and loses the char. 100+ resilience or other stat bonus.

Night Elf = Shadowmeld = yay I can hide and not PvP!!! Oh and I run back as a ghost (wisp) 75% faster after I die.

Draenei = Gift of the Naaru [20% heal over 5s - 3min CD] great more defense.

This OP and the posts following it are pure, unadulterated salt. To think I just got off work and now I'm back in the salt mines.

Blood elf racial is nice in PvP but human racial simply wins, 2 trinkets is just way too good. Undead racial isn't good in WotLK, it shares 45 second CD with PvP trinket. Tauren racial is nice but once again - human racial is better, shadowmeld is better for druids. You saying that war stomp is mostly offensive shows you have no clue what you're talking about (you pretty much only use it to set up some other CC or when you're dying). Troll racial isn't that good in PvP, it lasts only 10 seconds and has 3 minute CD. Orcs are nice but classes like warrior, dk, rogue, warlock would still prefer human racial.

"Human = Every man for himself which is PVP trinket s a racial but it makes the PVP trinket useless and loses the char. 100+ resilience or other stat bonus." Oh right because all those warriors, dk and rogues care about having millions of resilience right?

"Night Elf = Shadowmeld = yay I can hide and not PvP!!!" You're so clueless yet you speak out like you know anything it's actually pathetic. You know that shadowmeld allows you to dodge abilties just like vanish, right? It's great for druids that know how to utilize it, better than war stomp.

"Draenei = Gift of the Naaru [20% heal over 5s - 3min CD] great more defense." So according to your logic extra defense = bad in PvP? Please don't share your "valuable" analysis if you have no clue what you're talking about.

Edited by Xil

RazorSwitch    2

From what i noticed Alliance does good in the mornings 10-13 (cest) and horde pretty much dominates most of the bgs after that. Also noticed horde wins 9/10 eots and always got at least 2 healers.

Problem with alliance is the casuals and fresh 80s that cant play if theyr life depended on it , while most of fresh 80 hordes spec heal or focus on capping objectives instead of going toe to toe with the bigboys.

pablozfzw    3

Ok i got level 80 shaman on the horde side, i play on the EU hours, went to do some BG's and the picture i saw:

practically no support, or healing done in BG's i played, opposed to Alliance players who were more or less trying to cooperate. Not saying it doesn't exists, but i saw it way way way more often on the Alliance side.

discrepancy in numbers and abilities of players - Alliance teams were usually full, Horde teams always lacking people, the longer the BG took, the more Horde players left the BG, plenty of times saw Alliance teams dominate BG's to the point when Horde players did not engaged in the fights, rather run from them, only very few times saw Horde side to smash Alliance the same way the Alliance smashed Horde

discrepancy in gear, while i can't see the Alliance gs, i can see their HP, and as the PvP gear got lot's of stam it is a rough indication of gear level - Alliance players overall have better gear, there are fewer players on the Horde side that have the same level of gear, and some of them leave the BG when they observer performance of the team. Taking into account that in my experience Alliance wins BG's a lots compared to Horde it would make sense for them to got better eq.

Overall Horde PvP that i saw looked really really bad - so i decided to reroll as ally, to check if this is my bias, my bad luck, or reality. I don't have level 80 yet as ally (also shaman, despite obviously superior in every way human racial passive) but this topic made me speechless, i saw what i saw, and i don't tend to mix reality with imagination or to focus on the one side not observing the bigger picture. Especially since i talked to few Horde players about that, and their opinion was overall similar to mine - maybe not in the causality of the situation, but certainly in the effect. When i read about Ally players saying similar story i just can't believe it. It may take some time, but i will be here again when i reach lvl 80 on the ally side and check it for myself.

• Like it! 1

Xil    3
7 hours ago, RazorSwitch said:

From what i noticed Alliance does good in the mornings 10-13 (cest) and horde pretty much dominates most of the bgs after that. Also noticed horde wins 9/10 eots and always got at least 2 healers.

Problem with alliance is the casuals and fresh 80s that cant play if theyr life depended on it , while most of fresh 80 hordes spec heal or focus on capping objectives instead of going toe to toe with the bigboys.

You must be insane or dreaming because Horde loses most of BGs around the clock, not just in the morning. Alliance always has shit ton of warriors and holy paladins what makes every BG cancerous. Please play a bit longer than 1 day and then base your opinion on that 1 day.

Cyanotic    6
58 minutes ago, Xil said:

You must be insane or dreaming because Horde loses most of BGs around the clock, not just in the morning. Alliance always has shit ton of warriors and holy paladins what makes every BG cancerous. Please play a bit longer than 1 day and then base your opinion on that 1 day.

You're not wrong, horde seems to be non-stop Mage Spriest central which just run in and die.